[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

"
Arodes wrote:
I'm just not to sure what I can do upgrade my character at the moment. There's so many options like getting a better weapon, better gear, better flasks, better gems, ... I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I currently have a budget of roughly 3 ex and I was hoping someone could give me some tips.

Legion mobs hurt. Learning curve to spin around their attacks or leap out of the way this league, but sometimes 3 rares will stack up and combine their 3k+ attacks into a 10k+ attacks.

Your weapon has a lot of elemental damage and not enough physical damage. With the way conversion works, a unique axe like Sinvicta will be a significant damage increase until Disfavor or crafted rares.
Missing damage rolls on rings.
Enchant and more movement speed on boots.

Flask upgrades:
-Non-instant HP. Just seems like a splash of HP vs a 4-5k HP pool.
-Curse immune flask
-Change Sulphur and Mana to Atziri's Promise and Taste of Hate.

Passive upgrades:
Once you get the unique axe, you should see the giant damage increase and will be ready to swap some damage passives into jewels + HP. I personally would take 2 jewels and 5 HP passives over Hatchet Master & Harvester of Foes.. but personal preference.
Would love some tips on what to upgrade next! I'm finding myself a bit squishy at the upper map levels and Legion encounters. I know Legion is pretty tough unless your dodging mechanics and noting attacks. Appreciate the advice in advance!
"
Forward1115 wrote:
Would love some tips on what to upgrade next! I'm finding myself a bit squishy at the upper map levels and Legion encounters. I know Legion is pretty tough unless your dodging mechanics and noting attacks. Appreciate the advice in advance!

Trade-in Onslaught flask or Basalt for Taste of Hate. Move freezing to life flask without instant. We have bleed immune while leeching.
Extra point in Destroyer wheel + 1 HP for jewel slot near RT for 2 dmg mods + HP. Possibly moving some more damage nodes to more HP.
Boot enchant.

Nothing else is really standing out to me. You may consider switching off RT for the crit chance since you have 460 accuracy on helm/ring and 36% from Harvester of Foes, but personal preference. Would require some passive re-specs though for additional crit chance and multiplier and maybe Tempered Flesh for the ~70% multi. Feller of Foes, Disemboweling, Eagle Eye, etc. Not at home to check in PoB.
I've played on and off since incursion but this league I finally managed to do uber atziri and uber elder. This build is amazing thanks again!
"
I've played on and off since incursion but this league I finally managed to do uber atziri and uber elder. This build is amazing thanks again!

Fantastic, glad you're getting those bosses down! Hopefully they gave rewarding drops!

"
Forward1115 wrote:

Legion encounters are especially rippy. The only thing I've figured out to do about it it not cyclone straight at them because they will just shotgun you straight back to your hideout.

If I know there are a shit load of rares clumped up I kind of curve around them so they blow off their initial bursts and then leap in on them.

As is stated in the pro/cons this isn't a face tank build so yeah sometimes you're going to get bursted down if you are playing like it is.

I looked over your gear and yeah I don't see anything different than Blackdeath101 commented on. The thing I'd say is that if you're running a higher map you may want to limit the bigger rares you pop open during legion encounters. That or like I said be more cautious when engaging.

I saw in the 'things they are working on' post that legion mobs are not freezing when they should be.

From the 3.7.2 patch notes
"Legion Monsters can now be Frozen and their corpses can be destroyed after being broken out from their crystals."

So it should be a lot nicer with that fixed.

Edit: It is actually worlds better with being able to freeze things after they are activated. The generals you should still be careful of as you're running at them but once you're ontop of them they should be better now.
Last edited by Muirey on Jun 20, 2019, 10:05:53 AM
"
Muirey wrote:
"
rush02112 wrote:
Where should I look at what I am doing if I am not getting any freezes or shatters?

Your characters are set to private so I cannot really say without more information or being able to see your character for myself.

Fixed, awaiting response and thanks in advance!
"
rush02112 wrote:
Fixed, awaiting response and thanks in advance!

You've removed your chest which I assume had you cyclone setup in it but with RT you will see less freezing/shattering than the crit version would.

You can make up for that by using elemental prolif or ice bite. In the t16 guardian videos I'm using RT with elemental prolif+Ice Bite+Hypothermia for all the freezing/shattering you see.
ah yeah sorry about that, using tabula on multiple chars right now, my gem links are cyclone, Elemental Damage, Infused Channeling, Melee Phys, Rage, Damage on full Life
"
rush02112 wrote:
ah yeah sorry about that, using tabula on multiple chars right now, my gem links are cyclone, Elemental Damage, Infused Channeling, Melee Phys, Rage, Damage on full Life

Which is a fine setup but if you want more freezing with RT you need to get some extra freeze on hit in the cyclone setup since you aren't critting to cause freeze.
Day 2 of using the sword crit version and enjoying the feel of it.

I updated the "3.7 League Observation" spoiler with my goals for sword crit and my current character gear. Character is Muirey_ColdSword if you want to look directly. Very original name, quite proud of myself. X^D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info