[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

I've started playing this build last weekend and it's very fun. I'm currently saving currency for a new axe. Should I go for disfavour or try to craft one? If I should craft one, is there a crafting tutorial somewhere in this thread? I've never crafted a weapon before.
You pretty much are relying on the boot enchant from uber lab and Frostbite for freezing with the RT build.

10% boot enchant and 14% from Frostbite puts you at 24% chance to freeze, which is respectable for non-crit.

If you want to consistently freeze everything, you gotta go crit. I'm at 52% crit chance without Diamond Flask. So with Diamond Flask, I'm at 76%. With 14% from Frostbite, that puts me at 66% chance to freeze normally, with 90% chance to freeze during flask.
"
System3D wrote:
I've started playing this build last weekend and it's very fun. I'm currently saving currency for a new axe. Should I go for disfavour or try to craft one? If I should craft one, is there a crafting tutorial somewhere in this thread? I've never crafted a weapon before.

It's currently better and probably cheaper to craft a 7-link ax with fortify support than buying a disfavour. A low rolled disfavour is 7ex right now and if you can get a crafting base for 5ex you can craft an ax better than Disfavour.

As far as a tutorial, no there isn't one in the guide but I can go over it quickly. I should probably add a guide run through of it since crafted axes are better than disfavour now.

Last edited by Muirey on Jun 20, 2019, 1:52:21 PM
I had asked before if there was a good source of power charge generation, but I finally found de wae... Precursors Emblem with the 20% chance on crit strike (or 10% chance on kill, but that's a worse roll).

Pretty good ring, too. Can give you Onslaught on hit if you're at max frenzy charges, can grant 1 endurance charge every second if you've been hit recently, etc. Tons of good rolls. The hybrid rings have 20 to two stats, the implicit is a Two Stone ring, and it has 5% max life inc. Definitely a gg ring for the sword crit build for sure.
"
Muirey wrote:
"
System3D wrote:

It's currently better and probably cheaper to craft a 7-link ax with fortify support than buying a disfavour. A low rolled disfavour is 7ex right now and if you can get a crafting base for 5ex you can craft an ax better than Disfavour.

As far as a tutorial, no there isn't one in the guide but I can go over it quickly. I should probably add a guide run through of it since crafted axes are better than disfavour now.

How to craft
Spoiler
So you want to get an Elder 2-hand base that is item level 80 or above. If you're going ax then that's a Vaal Ax, Fleshripper, Void Ax you want to look for. If you're going sword you can choose from Exquisite Blade, Infernal Sword or Lion Sword

If going Ax
Spoiler
If you plan on going crit, which I'd recommend now, you want an Elder Fleshripper.

If you are going RT Vaal Ax is highest potential but is very expensive. Void Ax is barely less dps than a Vaal ax and is much cheaper.

Fleshrippers:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/Md5mpMiJ
Vaal Ax:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/pQYyws0
Void Ax:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/MWWmJGiJ

If going Sword
Spoiler
If you're choosing sword I am assuming you're going crit as well. Exquisite Blade is the best base but is also the most expensive. A lion sword or Infernal Sword are perfectly fine options on a budget and give a bit more accuracy to help get to 100% cap even easier.

Exquisite Blade:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/jW82DlfX
Lion Sword:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/jeqP3rfX
Infernal Sword:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/Bgq9r4i8

After you choose a base, you want to make it normal(white) if it isn't already. Make it 20% quality and then us an Orb of Transmutation on it.

Now that it's blue quality you are going to use Orb of Alterations on it until you see any of the following mods.

"Socketed Gems are supported by level 20 Fortify"

Edit: hit submit before finished :P give me a moment hahaha

If you can afford to spend a bit more, which if you're crafting a gg weapon then you should, I would recommend fossil crafting the base to >20% quality first. A 30% roll is obviously gg, but I wouldn't reroll over a 27% or higher, personally.

Doing this will also make it much easier to 6L. You can even master craft on a quality roll first (which you will roll off after) to make getting the 6L even easier.
Last edited by fiendishnature_ on Jun 20, 2019, 12:57:19 PM
Adding this to the reserved post under the main guide post. If anyone see's anything that I left out let me know!

How to craft a weapon
Spoiler
So you want to get an Elder 2-hand base that is item level 80 or above. If you're going ax then that's a Vaal Ax, Fleshripper, Void Ax you want to look for. If you're going sword you can choose from Exquisite Blade, Infernal Sword or Lion Sword

If going Ax
Spoiler
If you plan on going crit, which I'd recommend now, you want an Elder Fleshripper.

If you are going RT Vaal Ax is highest potential but is very expensive. Void Ax is barely less dps than a Vaal ax and is much cheaper.

Fleshrippers:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/Md5mpMiJ
Vaal Ax:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/pQYyws0
Void Ax:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/MWWmJGiJ

If going Sword
Spoiler
If you're choosing sword I am assuming you're going crit as well. Exquisite Blade is the best base but is also the most expensive. A lion sword or Infernal Sword are perfectly fine options on a budget and give a bit more accuracy to help get to 100% cap even easier.

Exquisite Blade:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/jW82DlfX
Lion Sword:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/jeqP3rfX
Infernal Sword:https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/Bgq9r4i8

After you choose a base, you want to make it normal(white) if it isn't already.

Alteration Spamming
Spoiler
Make the base at least 20% quality and then use an Orb of Transmutation on it. If you want to spend more you can use single slot resonators+perfect fossils to try to get 30% quality.

Now that it's blue quality you are going to use Orb of Alterations on it until you see any of the following mods.

"Socketed Gems are supported by level 20 Fortify"
Spoiler

This is the MAIN prefix that you are looking for. Level 18 isn't aweful but those 2 levels count for quite a bit now.

If you get just this prefix you should move onto the Regal Spoiler

"% increased attack speed" + "20% increased atack speed if you've killed recently"
Spoiler
This is another elder only mod that is worth keeping as a suffix. There are only two tiers of it and both are worth keeping. At this point you would use a orb of Augmentation. If you get VERY LUCKY and hit lvl 20 fortify support move onto the regal spoiler.

If you hit any of the following you can choose to chance a regal.

Tier 3 or higher flat Physical damage.
Example Tier 3:
Adds 20-27 to 41-48 physical damage

Tier 4 or higher Hybrid physical/accuracy perfix
Example tier 4:
45% to 54% physical damage
+65 to 82 to accuracy rating

+20% attack speed or higher
Spoiler
Throw an orb of augmentation at it and if it hits level 20 fortify move onto regal spoiler.

Example Tier 3:

Example tier 4:

30%-49% physical damage + Hits with this weapon have culling strike against bleeding enemies.
Spoiler
This is an amazing suffix. If you get this as a suffix throw an orb of augmentation at it and pray for level 20 fortify support. If you manage to get it goto regal section.

Example Tier 3:

Example tier 4:

Regal and Anulling
Spoiler
Now that you have at least Level 20 fortify on your base you need to make it rare quality by using a Regal Orb. After you regal there are a few questions to ask.

Did it give you any of the suffixes/prefixes listed under the Alteration Spamming spoilers?

If the answer is yes, congrats you now have a base!

Did it give you a suffix or a second suffix if you had one from alteration spamming?
Spoiler

If the answer is yes you can either chance using Orb of Annulment to get rid of one/two suffixes but you chance bricking the base and having to start over.

If you have exalts to spend you can at this point craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" and use a Scouring Orb to safely remove both suffixes giving you a base with the single Level 20 Fortify Support Prefix.

Did it give you a prefix?
Spoiler
If the answer is yes, what prefix?

If it is high tier flat physical or a high tier hybrid % physical/accuracy then congrats you have a base to start multi-modding from!

If it isn't either of those or a low tier version of them then it's time to throw a Orb of Annulment at it. Hopefully the Annulment doesn't remove the level 20 fortify support prefix.

If it does, you've bricked the item and you need to scour it back to normal quality to start over.

If you are using a regal with a good prefix/suffix combo but not lvl 20 fortify support.
Spoiler
If you have 2 high tier rolls of the suffx/prefix listed in the alteration spoiler but not level 20 fortify support is an option to use a regal orb on it. If you hit level 18-20 fortify support you have won the lottery, I hate you and congrats on your new crafting base!

If you don't hit level 18-20 fortify support you've bricked the item UNLESS you managed to hit Tier 1 % Increased Physical damage.

IF you managed that it's worth keeping it as a base but you lose out on it being a 7-link.

After Getting a base
Spoiler
First, Congrats! You've reached the end basically an hopefully didn't burn your entire currency tab to do so.

Now, what to do?! What to craft?!

Here are two axes that I've crafted so far for examples
Spoiler

The Vaal Ax is in standard and I don't have the +2 Support craft there but that is the last craft I would put on it in addition to getting it to 46% quality.

If you have base with just level 20 fortify support like this

The crafts you would add after giving it "Can Have Multiple Crafted Mods"would be..

Prefixes
Adds 18-24 to 36-42 Physical Damage
+2 to Level of Socketed Support gems

If you managed to get a high tier flat physical roll on your base, just craft +2 to level of Socketed Support gems.

If you managed to get a hybrid accuracy/increased physical damage roll on your base, just craft the flat physical damage.

Suffixes
+16-20% Attack Speed

and either of the following

+13-18 to quality + 21-25% increased critical strike chance
+13-18 to quality + 211-250 to Accuracy Rating
+13-18 to quality + 21-25 to Strength

OR

25-28% to Global Critical strike multiplier

I typically do the quality enchants but the crit multi is a good choices as well.

If you managed to get either a high tier attack speed roll, Elder attack speed/attack speed if killed recently just craft either of the quality mods or global cri muli.

If you managed to get increased physical damage + culling strike against bleeding suffix with level 18-20 fortify base just craft the Increased attack speed.

After getting a finished weapon... what now?
Spoiler
If it doesn't have 28-30 quality base(before +18% enchant) you need to get Hillock into transportation and to level 3. Once the safe house is unlocked he will have crafting bench that will give your weapon 28% base quality. With the +18% quality enchant you'll now have 46% quality.

Also another thing to do is getting Vorici into research and level 3. When running a research safehouse with a lvl 3 Vorici in it you will find a crafting bench that will add 1-3 white sockets to an item. It's a nice quality of life thing to have but isn't required at all.

If you get Hillock or Vorici level 3 AND to be the leader of that those safehouses(Transportation for Hillock and Research for Vorici) they will have 2 crafting benches to use.
Last edited by Muirey on Jun 20, 2019, 2:01:58 PM
"
I had asked before if there was a good source of power charge generation, but I finally found de wae... Precursors Emblem with the 20% chance on crit strike (or 10% chance on kill, but that's a worse roll).

Pretty good ring, too. Can give you Onslaught on hit if you're at max frenzy charges, can grant 1 endurance charge every second if you've been hit recently, etc. Tons of good rolls. The hybrid rings have 20 to two stats, the implicit is a Two Stone ring, and it has 5% max life inc. Definitely a gg ring for the sword crit build for sure.

Hadn't seen it asked but yeah if you can get a good one those are good rings. Alternatively, Additional Curse corrupted Daresso's Salute are actually very cheap this league. I picked one up for myself because it's the cheapest I've seen the additional curse corruption ever.

It is possible to just use assassin's mark over frostbite. They are pretty comparable for clearing and you can use herald of ice + curse on hit with assassins mark for the fun of herald of ice explosions.

With the additional curse I'm running herald of ice-curse on hit-frostbite-assassins mark. My CWDT is frostbite+assassins mark to give me the curses on bosses.
"
Muirey wrote:
Adding this to the reserved post under the main guide post. If anyone see's anything that I left out let me know!

This "how-to-craft" guide was amazing. Since you've already explained in such detail, maybe add the ilvl of the base to get level 20 fortify and where to start the "craft multiple mods" thing.

As a newbie myself, I've spent many hours trying to learn how to craft. No luck so far though, the closest thing I was to a base was level 16 fortify ONE time. And been out of materials for the last three days.

I started this league with your original build and have changed it to critbased sword instead. Both felt good, but I think I'm personally leaning towards the sword crit version.

Killed yellow Elder, regular Atziri, Hydra and Phoenix so far for the first time.

edit, tired. Did not see you had already stated that you needed ilvl 80.
Last edited by Instictpoe on Jun 20, 2019, 6:22:36 PM
"
Instictpoe wrote:
This "how-to-craft" guide was amazing. Since you've already explained in such detail, maybe add the ilvl of the base to get level 20 fortify and where to start the "craft multiple mods" thing.

As a newbie myself, I've spent many hours trying to learn how to craft. No luck so far though, the closest thing I was to a base was level 16 fortify ONE time. And been out of materials for the last three days.

I started this league with your original build and have changed it to critbased sword instead. Both felt good, but I think I'm personally leaning towards the sword crit version.

Killed yellow Elder, regular Atziri, Hydra and Phoenix so far for the first time.

edit, tired. Did not see you had already stated that you needed ilvl 80.

That's awesome you're getting those bosses down and working your way higher, glad the builds been doing well for you!

I leveled RT first this league so I could know how each felt and after two days of playing crit I am leaning towards making crit versions the main focus of the build. Herald of Ice explosions are just... addicting... :D

I'd be happy to add more to the multiple mod area but I'm not sure I know what you are asking for?

Do you mean where to start as in what enchants to do first?
Where to get multiple mod craft itself?

If it's the first, you can start anywhere. Once you have a base you can even just craft flat physical damage on it(highest available costs 4c if I recall) and use the ax/sword right away.

Later when you get a multiple craft mod craft onto the base just start with whatever you can afford at the time but have a plan first and only put on mods you are SURE you want. Otherwise if you put lets say.. you only have a low tier craft of attack speed so you throw that on there... you'll have to remove it AND 'can have multiple crafted mods' with it. That's 2 exalts wasted so you want to make sure that after you put 'can have multiple crafted mods' on you only put the highest tier of the crafts you want onto the base.

If you mean where to get the enchant itself, it's from a special map called the Pale Court. Can read more about that here:https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Pale_Court. It's a map that only has the boss fight and the fight is pretty easy these days. After you defeat the boss the enchant is there to interact with. A pale court map set is usually pretty cheap as well.
Last edited by Muirey on Jun 20, 2019, 8:44:26 PM
Thank you for the great build, rly easy start league. BUT... rly squishy :).
So... iv made "something" not sure what it is :) But would be great if i can get any advice on this build.

Cyclon chaos convertion. Using dual swords, 40% block chance, fortify is allways on and such stuf.
The dps is much lower of course.. but the tankines is here. Just swiched, so my gems are bad, gear is also not the best.
But im cleaning t13+ maps pretty easy, bosses dont give much trouble too. And im only with 5 link. On 6 link i can put Conc or Withering touch, and this gona destroy bosses without hurting to much radius or anything else.

Emm, so yeah, would love for any advice on the tree or gear.

https://pastebin.com/3cMZsZ8g ---- this is what i got now on me. But im gona change soon.

https://pastebin.com/Hems3zZP ---- and this is the "potencial" build, and of course without best items in slot.

I have problem with convesion so i dont know what stats should i take on jewels, accesory

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info