[3.2] AVP - Abyssal Volatile Poet || Now with MF option

So do people use both Arctic armour AND herald of ice or just one of them?
"
famulor wrote:

I suggest to use only one of those.
I've personally never used AA though, never found it being necessary. I use HoI while clearing and keep all my mana unreserved for tough bosses (Shaper, Guardians and those kind of stuff).
Abyssal Volatile Poet: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2057243
MagicBlaster Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115343
Fortifier Aurabot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2084465
"
lallalaus wrote:
"
famulor wrote:

I suggest to use only one of those.
I've personally never used AA though, never found it being necessary. I use HoI while clearing and keep all my mana unreserved for tough bosses (Shaper, Guardians and those kind of stuff).

I leave all my mana unreserved all the time, and run clear mind. Our AoE is already super good we don't need the HoI explosions. All you get from HoI is some cold damage for shattering porcupines, but you can get enough cold damage to do that from jewels (or just not dive into the center of porcupine packs).

hello i've been following your build ( and also some others ) for a while now and i decided to do it myself. so i'm starting with a thanks you because its hell of a fun.

i was wondering could you check my stuff and tell me what to upgrade next in line. i'm trying to upgrade my jewels but to upgrade from 1dmg to 1.001 dmg it requires 3ex+ i guess. so i'm probably not gonna do dat.

i didn't enjoy the chest piece and sold it so i could actually enjoy the money for a biscos ^^

same goes for boots. 1 more jewel with 3 dmg affix would be great but they are 60ex right now so prolly no to that too.

my diamond ring sucks but i need the stats on it and all ress looks promising so i wouldn't end up with resistance on my last 2 jewels.

lastly your dps is so high compared to me.
i have 13k dps on volatile dead in my ho. what is it different then your gear and mine that's almost 2x difference. is it the +1 helm enchant ? that is also maybe not worth to buy for me too. 2socketed + enchanted helms start from 50ex. lul i talked so much about currency anyway. thanks for the build and would be preciated if you tell me what could i upgrade next ( i bought my helmet half an hour ago yaay )
What skill gem setup would you recommend swapping out for doing Atziri, since the balls in the split phase are suicide.

Thank you
"
apemancometh wrote:
What skill gem setup would you recommend swapping out for doing Atziri, since the balls in the split phase are suicide.

Thank you

it is fine, just position yourself in the corner, not in the middle.
ok I'll try that. ty
I should add that it is a less reliable method on uber atziri. The reason it works on atziri is that the balls will instant-kill the clone in your corner, so stray balls have no time to path to the reflect clone before it despawns. If your damage isn't high enough to instant pop the one in your corner, then you run the risk of hitting the reflect clone with stray balls.
"
Chebudeeh wrote:

hello i've been following your build ( and also some others ) for a while now and i decided to do it myself. so i'm starting with a thanks you because its hell of a fun.

i was wondering could you check my stuff and tell me what to upgrade next in line. i'm trying to upgrade my jewels but to upgrade from 1dmg to 1.001 dmg it requires 3ex+ i guess. so i'm probably not gonna do dat.

i didn't enjoy the chest piece and sold it so i could actually enjoy the money for a biscos ^^

same goes for boots. 1 more jewel with 3 dmg affix would be great but they are 60ex right now so prolly no to that too.

my diamond ring sucks but i need the stats on it and all ress looks promising so i wouldn't end up with resistance on my last 2 jewels.

lastly your dps is so high compared to me.
i have 13k dps on volatile dead in my ho. what is it different then your gear and mine that's almost 2x difference. is it the +1 helm enchant ? that is also maybe not worth to buy for me too. 2socketed + enchanted helms start from 50ex. lul i talked so much about currency anyway. thanks for the build and would be preciated if you tell me what could i upgrade next ( i bought my helmet half an hour ago yaay )

Your attack speed is a bit low; full buffed you reach 3.59 aps, try to push towards the 3.8 threshold. You can pretty much achieve this by just having a Frenzy with 20% quality or having Pens with better attack speed rolls.
Your damage is not that terrible, you are sitting at about 50k AVG hit damage with VD, buffed and using a single target setup with Elemental focus.
Your jewels are not bad at all, but obviously they can be improved. Many of those have damage mods, but they are really low (like 3-7 or 6-10, etc). Going from those rolls to higher rolls adds up really fast.
Obviously having 2 potential additional jewels help a lot too (one in the body armour and another in the boots), but I understand that the prices at this point in the league are a bit crazy.
The helm enchant is obviously good, going from 3 to 4 balls it's a straight 33% more effective damage, but it's not actually needed.
And yeah, the diamond ring you are using it's pretty bad. I understand that you need some dex, but I'm pretty sure you can find better ones. It literally gives you life, some dex and some res (and you can mastercraft them if you really want to); just checking for similar stuff in poe.trade I can see even better ones going for as low as 1c. So yeah, that ring can easily get improved.
Gems' level is also a big deal. VD is just level 18, going from that to a level 20 gem is already a big jump in damage (you can buy a 20/20 VD for 4c).
You are also using Lightning Warp, which is nice. But if you really wanna push your build to higher damage values, you can use a Flame Dash supported by Arcane surge (since you have 3 links, you can also add an Incresed Duration, to make it more reliable).

P.S. I also just noticed that your resistances are already overcapped, so you do not even need those resistances on the ring.

"
apemancometh wrote:

Thank you

The simplest way I found is just to take the Cremation you have in the CoC setup and put in place of VD. That literally requires 1 second and has no drawbacks.
You decide which clone you want to kill before they even spawn (usually the lightning one, which is easier to identify at first glance), attack 3 times where it is going to spawn, laying down 3 Cremations and you're done.
That's it, you just run around for the following few seconds until it's dead.
If your damage is high enough, you just delete it in 1-2s, otherwise just run around dodging stuff. If your damage is really low, you may recast another round of Cremations after 8s.
As magicrectangle said, you can even try to do it with VD itself. I don't know, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and they just go searching the mirror one.

Abyssal Volatile Poet: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2057243
MagicBlaster Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115343
Fortifier Aurabot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2084465
Last edited by lallalaus on Feb 4, 2018, 7:20:49 PM
"
lallalaus wrote:
As magicrectangle said, you can even try to do it with VD itself. I don't know, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and they just go searching the mirror one.

I think sometimes they don't all spawn in at exactly the same time and the balls run off after whichever one spawned a few miliseconds sooner than the others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info