[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
MaSterX_BG wrote:
Running with this build in HC Bestiary and quite liking it so far.
Leveled with CA all the way, most of the time with 4L Silverbranch and I'd say it is smooth and without much troubles. Slower than dedicated leveling builds but doable.

Just be careful with Merc Izaro and A10 Kitava. A5 Kitava almost got me as well. At act 9/10 I used enfeeble instead of Despair, damage was still very good.

I did the respec to CI at 71 level and this is my current gear:

Spoiler

Capped resistances, 6.2k ES. Just starting maps.
Thanks for the build! Let's see how mapping will go. Got so many upgrades to do :)

If i have a decent amount of currency to spend on lvling gear - tabula, rings, ammulet, unique bows - how smooth would it be to lvl as CA -- i REALLY want to lvl with CA instead of with blade vortex - I just don't enjoy blade vortex playstyle. I'm just wondering your opinion on which lvling uniques you would use. Thanks!
Does the unique Helm Doedre's Scorn works with ca my pob tells me it increase the dot dmg
Last edited by mysticzero1 on Mar 6, 2018, 12:59:06 PM
"
nlanguiano wrote:

If i have a decent amount of currency to spend on lvling gear - tabula, rings, ammulet, unique bows - how smooth would it be to lvl as CA -- i REALLY want to lvl with CA instead of with blade vortex - I just don't enjoy blade vortex playstyle. I'm just wondering your opinion on which lvling uniques you would use. Thanks!

I'm currently leveling as CA because I prefer the range compared to Blade Vortex, and it's pretty smooth so far... Then again, I'm only into Act 2. The weather this past weekend prevented me from starting the League on Friday. I would definitely use a Tabula, the unique low level bows like Storm Cloud, Silverbranch..If I had them or the currency to purchase them. Aside from that, I'm not sure.

Funnily enough, I was about to post asking a similar question, as well as what support skills to get, like what auras, curses, what-have-you. I'm running Clarity for mana regen, but beyond that, I don't know what else to add to it.
Last edited by SurrealSadi on Mar 6, 2018, 1:03:58 PM
"
mysticzero1 wrote:
Does the unique Helm Doedre's Scorn works with ca my pob tells me it increase the dot dmg

I don't think it will increase the DoT damage, it will increase your curse, which increase your DoT damage. I would aim for the Vertex if you really want a unique helm.
First of all, Thank you for the build!
I just started mapping with it and having great fun!
Its fast, tanky and cheap to gear, exactly what I was looking for.

I just crafted the following boy in the menagerie:

Is it worth spending the fusings to make this a 6-link or should i just dump it?

Here is my current gear any tips to improve would be highly appreciated!

My enlighten and empower gems are currently leveling in my secondary weapon slot
Sjnorre FTW!!
Last edited by sjnorre on Mar 7, 2018, 1:50:35 AM
"
"
mysticzero1 wrote:

I don't think it will increase the DoT damage, it will increase your curse, which increase your DoT damage. I would aim for the Vertex if you really want a unique helm.

If you put this helm into Pob and aktive any random curse you will get an increase of the dot damage try it out .
"
sjnorre wrote:

Is it worth spending the fusings to make this a 6-link or should i just dump it?

My enlighten and empower gems are currently leveling in my secondary weapon slot

You should just buy a 6l ilv 64 bow and try to Alt/agu it to get +2gems and regal a sufix and use that till you can get a lv 8 catahrina to meta craft a +3 bow for 2 ex.

Also i dont think the life leech gem will work on caustic arrow becouse it is a dot
Last edited by mysticzero1 on Mar 7, 2018, 4:56:22 AM
Hi,

i wanna try your build but i got a question Paige. Isn´t Mirage archer a dps loss since it takes up a gem-slot?

I understand it´s convenient but i have no Problem about allways selfcasting CA i would have alot more damage or do i have forgotten something?

Since i played a Sidefx CA build last league i wouldnt mind about allways selfcasting.

greetings & thx in advance

1 more Question: If i am too poor to get impresence and it would take too long to get my enlighten at high Levels for Despair, Enfeeble, Discipline would it be a possibility to drop the 4 Nodes under "Shaper" node

-1 Strenght
-1 5% curse effect
-1 10% curse cast Speed
-1 skittering runes (15% more curse effect)

for the 4 nodes unter Zeloth oath?
-1 20% inc Aura aoe
-2 4% reduced mana reserved
-1 6% reduced mana reserved, 10% inc. Aura effect

to run all 3 auras? And would i have enough mana left to cast CA?
Is this a bad idea? until i got my elighten on Level? is it even possible?

thank you very much
Last edited by Whitezilla on Mar 7, 2018, 6:14:10 AM
"
Whitezilla wrote:
Hi,

i wanna try your build but i got a question Paige. Isn´t Mirage archer a dps loss since it takes up a gem-slot?

I understand it´s convenient but i have no Problem about allways selfcasting CA i would have alot more damage or do i have forgotten something?

Since i played a Sidefx CA build last league i wouldnt mind about allways selfcasting.

greetings & thx in advance

1 more Question: If i am too poor to get impresence and it would take too long to get my enlighten at high Levels for Despair, Enfeeble, Discipline would it be a possibility to drop the 4 Nodes under "Shaper" node

-1 Strenght
-1 5% curse effect
-1 10% curse cast Speed
-1 skittering runes (15% more curse effect)

for the 4 nodes unter Zeloth oath?
-1 20% inc Aura aoe
-2 4% reduced mana reserved
-1 6% reduced mana reserved, 10% inc. Aura effect

to run all 3 auras? And would i have enough mana left to cast CA?
Is this a bad idea? until i got my elighten on Level? is it even possible?

thank you very much

If you can fit the third aura and still have mana to cast CA/ED then yes it'd be worth it. Mirage Archer, if you're talking about tooltip, is a DPS loss. I just enjoy the clear speed it gives me.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
sjnorre wrote:

I wouldn't spend fuses on that trying to 6L it. It might be a worthy investment trying to 5L it, which you could hit in like an Exalt of fuses possibly. But I haven't checked the price of +3 bows, you might be able to get one cheaper, idk. Too many variables to say for sure, but I def wouldn't spend many fuses trying to hit a 6L on that +2 bow.

Also, as mentioned above, Caustic Arrows AoE cloud does not Life Leech, only the initial arrow hit, meaning I don't think it's worth running at all.

I definitely think the two biggest things you should focus on is a +3 bow & Impresence amulet.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Mar 7, 2018, 7:53:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info