[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

Thanks for the guide that's just awesome :)

I've a noob question! How is it possible to have Discipline + Despair + Enfeeble with blasphemy support in the same time? Don't we need mana reservation or something?
Hello! Currently playing the build in Beastiary and having a blast. Quick question tho, with the new ascendancy for trickster the new "escape artist" seems to be alot worse then the previous one that gave you 250 es and 500 evasion. Is it still worth going for the escape artist node or just skip it? Also is it still possible to get to 8k ish ES without that 250 ES node that we had before? (I'm totaly noob at CI builds)

Thanks for awesome build!
REAlly struggling at level 40ish. Placed skillpoints after guide, and got the levelling uniques, but I die very fast. Should I do areas 2-3 levels lower then me or does it even itself out eventually? Cant really see myself playing 25+ levels until I can respec, unless something changes?
EDIT: Nevermind, found where I messed up on PoB.*
Last edited by SafariDiscoLion on Mar 4, 2018, 3:32:36 PM
"
Kikouyouhhh wrote:
Thanks for the guide that's just awesome :)

I've a noob question! How is it possible to have Discipline + Despair + Enfeeble with blasphemy support in the same time? Don't we need mana reservation or something?

The necklace "Impresence" lets us use Despair for "free", meaning it doesn't take mana reservation.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Quarie wrote:
Hello! Currently playing the build in Beastiary and having a blast. Quick question tho, with the new ascendancy for trickster the new "escape artist" seems to be alot worse then the previous one that gave you 250 es and 500 evasion. Is it still worth going for the escape artist node or just skip it? Also is it still possible to get to 8k ish ES without that 250 ES node that we had before? (I'm totaly noob at CI builds)

Thanks for awesome build!

Escape Artist is a great defensive choice, so I recommend taking it by default, with a 300~ ES helmet, that's 3000+ Evasion Rating. It also lets you potentially use a hybrid chest, which is a big buff from patch 3.1, and finally it reduces the amount of times you'll be getting stunned, which a few people disliked about the build in 3.1, we mostly relied on Evasion & damage to avoid getting stunned, now it's actually built into the ascendancy. Technically, our maximum ES potential raised quite significantly if we find a powerful hybrid chest. 3.2 Was a buff all around, not a nerf, in any way.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Mar 4, 2018, 5:51:25 PM
"
ilder wrote:
REAlly struggling at level 40ish. Placed skillpoints after guide, and got the levelling uniques, but I die very fast. Should I do areas 2-3 levels lower then me or does it even itself out eventually? Cant really see myself playing 25+ levels until I can respec, unless something changes?

Get better rares, that have life & res. Make sure you're res capped. Use Goldrim's unique helmet if you aren't res capped. Run Warlord's Mark or Enfeeble curse & get some cheap life jewels. Also pick up 5% life nodes.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Mind taking a look at my character?

Still no +3 6l bow as those don't seem to exist yet, nor would I have the currency for it haha, but rocking a 6l +2 bow and sitting at 6.5k energy shield and 22.3k CA dps + 19.2k ED dps.

So since I'm still a 'budget' build, what would you say about getting 'The Vertex Vaal Mask' for the +1 to socketed gems and high ES/EV stats for the Curse setup?

Alternatively, I 'could' buy a cheap 6l bow with no stats and a second soul strike to form a proper ED setup and put my curse setup in my 5l body, though I don't have a lvl 3 empower or a level 3 enlighten, so I guess that's not really that useful to make the switch yet?

Or would you suggest I make the switch and rush getting a level 3 or 4 enlighten asap so I can do double curse + discipline?
"
fakado wrote:
Mind taking a look at my character?

Still no +3 6l bow as those don't seem to exist yet, nor would I have the currency for it haha, but rocking a 6l +2 bow and sitting at 6.5k energy shield and 22.3k CA dps + 19.2k ED dps.

So since I'm still a 'budget' build, what would you say about getting 'The Vertex Vaal Mask' for the +1 to socketed gems and high ES/EV stats for the Curse setup?

Alternatively, I 'could' buy a cheap 6l bow with no stats and a second soul strike to form a proper ED setup and put my curse setup in my 5l body, though I don't have a lvl 3 empower or a level 3 enlighten, so I guess that's not really that useful to make the switch yet?

Or would you suggest I make the switch and rush getting a level 3 or 4 enlighten asap so I can do double curse + discipline?

I don't mind the Vertex Mask, but I don't think it'd do much for you, I like your gear as is.

Ideally for your ED bow it'd be a +1 to gems with Decay mod, and later on something like Inc DoT would be good.

The only possible change I'd make is if you are feeling squishy, to run Enfeeble instead of Despair, since you have the Witchfire Brew already.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Ah that's right i forgot about the +1 being seperate and that it works with all gems. I took a few more points out of tree as I'm slowly respeccing and am now on 6.8k ES. I did uber lab earlier without paying attention to mechanics and wasn't getting one shot so I guess I'm not too worried about squishiness anymore, damage is main priority.

I'll have a look around for a +1 bow for ED so I can start the switch.

I've also been thinking about replacing Mirage Archer as I don't super zoom zoom speed run through maps so he's only somewhat helpful in clearing out last 2-3 mobs per pack and completely useless in boss fights.
So I was thinking what about having a blue socket on the weapon instead for Conc Effect / Inc AoE swapping. With Inc AoE and +1 arrow from quiver, I imagine clear speed might be around the same, and Conc Effect adds a ton of damage to help with bossing. Curious what your thoughts are on that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info