Responses to the 3.1.0 Patch Notes

hey dude this is BONKERS
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
I don't agree with every change ever made, but there's usually always a logic to it and I respect that.
My livestream - twitch.tv/davo1
DONT SAY IN THE 'Path Of Nerfs' post
"Conclusion
Well, there's the list of significant nerfs. Hopefully we didn't forget any important ones. We have a decent list of buffs to go with it, which will be posted tomorrow in the full patch notes!"

And then act like you weren't expecting this feed back from the community when you shit on casters in every way for the patch notes and gave almost no buffs. FFS GGG.

Do you even play your own game?

-Berserker caster was so popular because people (I'm one of them) hate ES, REGEN, MoM, and prefer leech as their survivability, I've been asking for a slayer type leech caster since people started bitching about Vaal Pact. Seriously why won't you give us Pre nerf Slayer spell leech ascendancy on witch/assassin/templar.

-Lycosidae, "This item was being used on a significant portion of melee characters across all levels as an extremely cheap way to get around accuracy requirements." NO SHIT, it's not enough that you have to spend all your points in your tree trying to get crit and multi just to land up with 4k life because you have to travel so much for melee crit, but then you have to force accuracy on all of your gear where you'd want to be getting life otherwise your build feels trash tier missing every second attack.

-Caustic Arrow, end tier build with lvl 28 caustic arrow does 70k damage compared to Essence drain which does 400k+ with end tier build lvl 28 gem and has better clear.

-Getting so sick of you guys throwing "Physical Attack Damage" on everything to pigeon hole builds and build diversity.
The patch notes were fine. Chris - relax.
Great.
I will stay aside of this game for now.
There is absolutely no point to force myself in something which I dislike.

Maybe one day.. some day when they finally decided to throw the guy which is toking the recent decisions out of the window of the tallest building, and show some respect to the casters and CI's - I could return.

I officially pronounce PoE 3.0 / 3.1 for a bunch of junkware.
You need to buy more stash tabs, and play months to fill them with items which to be deleted by GGG.
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Dec 6, 2017, 1:02:32 AM
"
Abetow2531 wrote:
Summoner sucks anyways...there are better builds but you take the nerf hammer to it and expect us to play builds we don't like. You ever heard of diversity? This game is almost on my shit list of do not play.

I wouldn't put any game on my shitlist after spending as much money as you have on it, lol.

All in all, I think there's some misunderstanding of what people consider to be "decent". It can either mean quantity of quality and in this case I would say that the buffs were decent even if there weren't a whole lot of them. Personally, I'm totally OK with the nerfs and sometimes players do things that developers don't expect or intend and it needs to be changed or outright removed.

GGG has, like Chris stated, worked under a very strict schedule where cuts had to be made and things had to be squeezed into a smaller time frame to release the content that they wanted on time. The game is in an OK position and the changes to bearers, reflect and the new league uniques and items will shake up the meta more than an ample amount. People always like to complain about "muh build diversity" and yet they don't understand that a lot of the weaker skills can still be made to work in the end game to a point and even if a skill doesn't end up being as viable as another in the higher tiers of mapping then that's OK. There should always be a progression ladder and things that stop being useful after a while and exchanged with something better.

The unfortunate thing is that 99.95% of this fanbase have never developed a game, they've never had to deal with balancing, they haven't had to worry about bug fixing, changing unintended behaviors and working around an absolute absurd number of factors to keep things on a relatively even keel. All they do is play the game, act like they know what they're talking about, and complain. I see a lot of new players in this thread as well acting like they've been playing the game for years and acting like they're as equally entitled to an opinion as more experienced players.

Thankfully it seems that there are quite a few level headed people in this thread who know and understand that game development is a difficult process and balancing a game like poe makes things even more difficult.

TL;DR 99% of the people in this thread are literally overreacting and acting like children and just expect waaaaay too much of GGG.
Dont let the cries bother you to much. Patch looks great!
Thank you Chris, I hope the salt in the community is not getting to you. You have created the most amazing arpg in the market, period.

And to the butthurts, even if you dislike the way the game is going, even if you dont agree, just grow up, you all look like childs throwing tantrums like this.

Have a safe 3.1.0 release everyone!
still better than d3
"Ah, salutations my children... are you ready for your daily dose of smooth jazz?"
"
Aswalez wrote:
Thank you Chris, I hope the salt in the community is not getting to you.

Salt in the community ?! Are You 9 old or what ?! This is a software product which is primarly directed to a very specific auditory. And when this auditory disliking it's general direction, probably there is something wrong. Isnt it ?!

"
Aswalez wrote:
You have created the most amazing arpg in the market, period.

It WAS the most amazing ACTION RPG, before with each "balance" You were forcing into redoing everything you love or even abandone it.

"
Aswalez wrote:

And to the butthurts, even if you dislike the way the game is going, even if you dont agree, just grow up, you all look like childs throwing tantrums like this.

I am really pushed you ahead of your age probably. Sorry. 9 y old is too old for such a statement.

"
Aswalez wrote:
Have a safe 3.1.0 release everyone!

Yeah. Run Visual Studio. F5 in Release mode. Upload to the server. Invoke upgrade on the clients.
You need to buy more stash tabs, and play months to fill them with items which to be deleted by GGG.
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Dec 6, 2017, 1:15:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info