Path of Nerfs

"
hazley wrote:
"
luke6666sama wrote:
"
MFJones wrote:
My concerns are continuosly being buried by people who have $0 - $50 supporter packs and highest characters at level 90 who have only been playing for ~2years so i will have to repost. I WANT AN ANSWER GGG.

chris why do you keep nerfing things? do you just want us to play vanilla sunder builds for the rest of our lives? seems like such a waste considering how much potential the game has for more creative builds. CAN WE HAVE CAST ON CRIT BACK ALREADY? why does it matter if certain builds are OP in a game that is mostly just gonna be played as single player or co-op anyway?? It's not like PVP is a real thing, nobody cares!

Meanwhile we still have builds like traps and mine builds running rampant and one shotting end-game content like atziri, shaper, and uber izario. how is this fair??? i've been supporting this game since closed beta (look at my supporter packs) and i only end up playing less and less patch after patch simply because there just aren't enough fun builds for me to try anymore

why???? back then when i played HC i would roll 10-15 builds each league. now i can barely justifying rerolling more than 1 character because nothing interests me anymore. your NEW content is made obsolete becausee you're changing and forcing the meta too much. you guys need to relax on the nerfing. this game should allow players the freedom to play and create what they want. PLUS, most of these things being nerfed are mostly high-end stuff that majority of players won't be able to achieve anyway, or takes a lot of time/currency investment in order to achieve. I understand nerfing broken and cheap builds but nerfing items like acuity or old builds like CoC just doesnt make any sense to me when there are builds that currently exist that take low currency and time investment to achieve power levels even higher than old CoC (eg. GC mines).

im sorry but if this continues i dont think i can continue to support this game. I am at a point where i am starting to regret the thousands of dollars $$$ i've thrown at you guys because the game just isnt as fun anymore.

P.S. i am fine with the exp nerf, never cared about 100 and 100 should have never been so easy anyways

I would like to hear an answer from GGG for this post as well, since my line of tought is the same.

GGG can we get an answer for this?

MFJones, well put.
"
Dark Pact
Dark Pact cast using your life no longer has bonus radius, and the damage bonus has been reduced from 95% more damage with hits and ailments when using your life to 76% more damage.

Own-life-spending Dark Pact builds were dealing too much damage over too large an area, granting an already very defensive build very high clear speeds.

RIP DP Totem builds.
"
Odds_ wrote:

lmfao, the only people upset about these changes are terrible softcore players who've never hit 90 in less than 6 months, and been carried by instant leech for 5 years and have no idea how to actually play the game.

I'm sorry that you'll have to dodge an occasional attack instead of holding right click in dried lake for the rest of your life.

[Removed by Support]

"

you don't even know this game.
MFJonesHC
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Dec 4, 2017, 9:03:08 PM
hmm looks fine to me, more curios about the actual patch notes coming out tomorrow.
wait wha...
I don't write much on these boards, but I feel I have to. That nerf bat just killed my ranger. I use Queen of the Forest, I use Doomfletch Prism, I use Witchmothers Brew, which includes Vulnerability, I also use Barrage. It's like you looked at the Ranger guide I was following (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989) and just strapped a nuke to it.

Hell, I haven't even beaten Uber Lab on her yet. Was still working on it. Now it's pointless to continue. =(((((((((

"
MFJones wrote:
im sorry but if this continues i dont think i can continue to support this game. I am at a point where i am starting to regret the thousands of dollars $$$ i've thrown at you guys because the game just isnt as fun anymore.

cya PT
"
LaiTash wrote:
Meanwhile i see no nerf to spectres. Is this for real?

>seriously implying that spectres needed a nerf

Are you per chance an avid VP user?
I always wonder why game developers always chose to nerf things instead of making other options more attractive. Or at least try and find why people chose to play certain skills over others. VP needed nerfing but it was fun to be able to actually play end game content without having to invest a lot in gear. QOTF was fun because it helped deal with a really boring part of the game. Trying to find the next pack of things to kill or especially back tracking sucks. Hopefully them address pack sizes helps with this but even movement skills are a pretty boring way to get around.

I wish the devs would frame the issue differently. Essentially you have a game where monsters, especially bosses, are loot pinatas but 99.999% of loot is a waste of time to even look at. So the best way to get better gear is to kill everything as fast as possible, skip the boss and only really pick up currency. Instead of nerfing movement to slow the game down they should have some sort of event in maps that takes some time but has a worthwhile reward. Something like breaches are a good example. Hopefully the new league's mechanic is actually worth doing.
Next League, 1st day, 49.5% Sunder, 49.5% Spectres, 1% others...
"
Dreyloch666 wrote:
I don't write much on these boards, but I feel I have to. That nerf bat just killed my ranger. I use Queen of the Forest, I use Doomfletch Prism, I use Witchmothers Brew, which includes Vulnerability, I also use Barrage. It's like you looked at the Ranger guide I was following (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989) and just strapped a nuke to it.

Yeah it's sad to read about QotF nerf. The damn thing wasn't even OP but allowed some fun and hardly meta builds like charged dash to exist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info