@TAKE MAX RES FROM MAX AURA, THEN CORRUPT THEN +2 FROM RING
@SOMEHOW MANAGE TO GET KAOM OR SHAVRONNE
@TAKE BOTH PANTEON AGAINS DAMAGE OVER TIME

What you need to run sunder
400+pdps 2h weap for 1 alch
Tabula armour
And you can make red maps

Are you serious GGG?
How many people can play RF from 16 lvl?
Did you try to run life RF with 13-14k life in abyss league? Is it possible to play this build?

I think to buy my first support pack, BUT after so many NERFs NO!!!

This. It requires insane investment to be able to run RF.

I don't think they thought this through, as even 1% of max fire resists means you'll have to spend a lot of currency and/or skillpoints in jewels to obtain that missing regen that barely allows you to not degen from RF.
You also lose a 100% spell power shield by doing so.
This nerf is not justifiable...

How about compare defensive capabilities on average RF and Sunder build? You wish for easly built tanky build to do same damage as offensive oriented...
"
d1rtiq wrote:
What you need to run RF
@TAKE ALL NODES ON REGEN ON TREE
@TAKE REGEN ENCHANT IN LAB
@TAKE ALL POSSIBLE GEAR WITH REGEN
@TAKE REGEN AURA
@TAKE MAX RES ON TREE
@TAKE MAX RES FROM CORRUPTION
@TAKE MAX RES FROM MAX AURA, THEN CORRUPT THEN +2 FROM RING
@SOMEHOW MANAGE TO GET KAOM OR SHAVRONNE
@TAKE BOTH PANTEON AGAINS DAMAGE OVER TIME

Are you serious GGG?
How many people can play RF from 16 lvl?
Did you try to run life RF with 13-14k life in abyss league? Is it possible to play this build?

You're being dramatic. Everything on that is what you would want to do before the nerf, too. Grab some aura effect, spec into a little more life regen, maybe use an ichimonji, use your pantheons, and you will be fine.

Back in my day, we wouldn't use rf until level 65.

Last edited by mustash on Dec 5, 2017, 10:35:41 AM
i dodged a bullet the closest thing i have to the wither build is essence drain :)
"
"
This was one of the most heavily-requested nerfs in the history of Path of Exile.

"
We receive overwhelming feedback (including from top racers) that this process should be made longer

Well, who of the present people asked for THIS?! >:( Show us these "requesters" now! I have a lot of questions for them! D:<

But seriously, these are quite harsh nerfs. I really hope that we'll get something in return.

Anyone that could facetank an endgame boss with VP, seriously, facetanking an endgame boss should not be a thing, it was way more BS with CI, GR and old VP, still op on live patch with current VP for life users, it clearly needed the upcoming nerf, this is not even debatable.

There are no harsh nerfs mentioned, they are all acceptable, on the contrary Barrage got a laughable nerf, it will always be the number 1 choice for single target bow or wand users if it doesn't get a heavier nerf or other skills get significantly buffed.
Really, people are crazy about losing 2.7% or 2.1% regen?
RF is dead? You need to spend 400+ex to run it?
... "okaaay".
Last edited by reh on Dec 5, 2017, 10:38:54 AM
cool. insta leech off with changes to reflect -> agree, only thing with vaal pact that could kill you ... reflect and one shot mechanics.
srsly, i went CI Claws last league with pathfinder and only got that one tiny little node that has like 0,2% life leech and this is something that pushed me through all content easily = OP.

Also people saying CI was nerfed to the ground and they dont like the game anymore (altho 99% will play it again during first day)... also they dont like the game coz they cant buy 100c worth of gear and kill everything with it coz CI and vaal pact etc. is OP... also we like the feeling that nothin can kill us -> well i bet you play all other games on Easy difficulty and still find it hard coz you died once.

for me, i played two builds with vaal pact and I won't really miss it, it will make the game more challanging which is very good, also it is not an useless node and will find some luv from players and there will be builds based on it.

Atziri's Acuity - same as above, gloves will still be good and we actually need more content with good uniques like uber atziri. I'd go beyond that and put in some maps which you only have access to once a day which have a chance to drop legacy items or whatever but are hard (for casual players easier but less drops... practically like MMORPG instances that are somehow popular, still miss old L2 interlude antharas, baium etc. fights).

Barrage = op skill, practically for "not so wealthy" players like me last league we bought a simple +1 projectile enchant and it was OP. Only downside is that it gives away a choice whether to get +1 for cheap or save for +2...

ROTP changes are good, RF was rly boring for me and I ain't playing this ever again but I am sure this does not mean that RF is dead. Price of +1% armor enchant will go up :P

Also I wish there were more news :D this was quite short and those nerfs wont affect this league for me at all.
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
I strongly disagree with the XP nerfs, I think the vast majority of players have a dream to hit 100 one day and that just went out the window. I don't understand why the plight of the top racers, i.e. the people who do this for a living, would impact your decision so heavily. That seems like such a poor decision.

I'm a firm believer that the minorities voice is never heard in today's day and age, but I still have to agree with this gentleman..
If you check my account you will see the highest character I ever had was my 92 in the harb league thanks to beachhead maps..
This is a direct reflection of the fact that I'm unfortunately tethered to a career as a paramedic and a family with a wife and kid..
I always thought if I tried to devote an hour more here and there maybe the next league I'll hit 100 and savour that character as a personal accomplishment on standard.. while reading these notes, i watched that little birdie fly out the window..

90 is the new 100, or shall I say an old welcoming friend? XD
Oh well life > video games.
WTB rested exp for the less fortunate hahaha

*Edit*
I could just level on standard, but we all know it is the blacksheep of the family, we all play leagues, standard is just so... boring
Last edited by Rixxth on Dec 5, 2017, 10:44:51 AM
double post: btw did you notice that Chris put a new maps into his "signature"?
I feel like most people are missing the context here for the exp nerf... did you all forget that EVERY. SINGLE. MAP MOD. will havedensity modifiers? The maps (especially corrupted 8 mod) will have a ton of monsters in them. MUCH more than before. I think the exp nerf is justified in this context!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
nothing bad :)
just don't touch any level penalties below 90 and i'm ok with it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info