"
Turtledove wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
chipoodle wrote:
Orange Cheetoh is promoting slavery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IKtUYWdjHQ

It's amazing how Trump traveled back in time to build these prisons and set them up for prison labor during Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan and previous president's terms.

Trump really is a time traveler.

Sort of similar to how he traveled back in time to get approval for border fencing during previous president's terms so that he could pretend he's building his wall now?

Congress already rejected that argument. Trump tried to convince them that they were just funding the Secure Fence Act of 2006. There was even leftover money in the fund (off the top of my head it seems like it was a little over 1.3 billion left). He gave Congress the out that you are suggesting. They could have granted funding and told their voters - they were only funding what was already approved.

Since Congress rejected that and said it was still Trump's Wall, I can't buy into your theory.

The truly sad part is that Trump was giving the democrats a potential win. They could say they stood for border security that was already approved, and not building Trump's wall.

I have friends who have been shot at in the desert area that the most recent wall section will protect. I hope we don't get to the point where every voter needs to experience a personal threat from an illegal before they realize security is important.

Think of the wall as Gun Control for Cartels from south of the border.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on May 16, 2019, 1:06:22 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Tbh I don't even know what to think about AOC.

AOC: It's terrifying!

(what is it? A garbage disposal)

AOC:"I don’t know what it’s for, or what its purpose is. Like, food scraps? Like, is this environmentally sound?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwpHqKdIMVM

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:

AOC:"I don’t know what it’s for, or what its purpose is. Like, food scraps? Like, is this environmentally sound?"

She has you right where she wants you.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Exactly.

She knows what it is. So why do this? Attention? Seeking criticism from the right. Trying to de-sensitize us?

Or maybe as innocent as a shitty sense of humor. She makes cringey and awkward statements all the time.

Honestly like a puzzle scattered on the floor I have zero desire to figure out, but still wonder outloud "what the fuck is all over my floor"
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DalaiLama wrote:

I have friends who have been shot at in the desert area that the most recent wall section will protect.

Calling BS until proof is provided. We know how much Trump and his worshipers lie.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

I have friends who have been shot at in the desert area that the most recent wall section will protect.

Calling BS until proof is provided. We know how much Trump and his worshipers lie.

Yeah Trump fans totally made up the cartel like wtf

Fun fact, Chihuahua, which borders on New Mexico and Texas, has an almost 4x homicide rate compared to the very worst state in the US (Louisiana).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on May 16, 2019, 2:46:50 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Yeah Trump fans totally made up the cartel like wtf

Fun fact, Chihuahua, which borders on New Mexico and Texas, has an almost 4x homicide rate compared to the very worst state in the US (Louisiana).

Now why would any honest person want a physical barrier between their own country and a corrupt narco-state? =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

It's amazing how Trump traveled back in time to build these prisons and set them up for prison labor during Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan and previous president's terms.

Trump really is a time traveler.

Sort of similar to how he traveled back in time to get approval for border fencing during previous president's terms so that he could pretend he's building his wall now?

Congress already rejected that argument. Trump tried to convince them that they were just funding the Secure Fence Act of 2006. There was even leftover money in the fund (off the top of my head it seems like it was a little over 1.3 billion left). He gave Congress the out that you are suggesting. They could have granted funding and told their voters - they were only funding what was already approved.

Since Congress rejected that and said it was still Trump's Wall, I can't buy into your theory.

The truly sad part is that Trump was giving the democrats a potential win. They could say they stood for border security that was already approved, and not building Trump's wall.

I have friends who have been shot at in the desert area that the most recent wall section will protect. I hope we don't get to the point where every voter needs to experience a personal threat from an illegal before they realize security is important.

Think of the wall as Gun Control for Cartels from south of the border.

Trump repeated the stupid lie again today that he is building the "wall". You folks are really falling for his lies.

"
On March 23, Trump signed the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill (also known as the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018), though he said there “are a lot of things that I’m unhappy about in this bill.”

Although Trump had asked for $25 billion for wall construction, the bipartisan spending bill provides what Trump called only an “initial down payment” of $1.6 billion in funding. But even that sum comes with significant strings attached.

Here’s what that $1.6 billion is for (see Section 230, starting on page 673):

$251 million for “secondary fencing” near San Diego.
$445 million for “primary pedestrian levee fencing” in the Rio Grande Valley.
$196 million for “primary pedestrian fencing” in the Rio Grande Valley.
$445 million for replacement of primary pedestrian fencing.
$38 million for border barrier planning and design.
$196 million for border security technology.
The bill further states that the money can only be used to build “operationally effective designs deployed as of the date of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2017, [May 5, 2017] such as currently deployed steel bollard designs, that prioritize agent safety.”

Readers may recall Trump on March 13 toured eight wall prototypes — which you can see here — that he had put out to bid early in his presidency. The language in the omnibus bill precludes funding for any of those designs.

In a March 30 briefing, Customs and Border Protection Acting Deputy Commissioner Ronald D. Vitiello said the spending bill will fund about 100 miles of “border wall system,” though he added that “does not fully fund our needs in the most critical locations.”

According to Vitiello, the construction near San Diego will include 14 miles of “new border wall,” replacing “old, dilapidated [Vietnam War-era helicopter] landing mats in favor of a steel bollard wall” and replacing 14 miles of secondary barriers.

In Calexico, California, the federal government will replace two miles of pedestrian barrier with “a new 30-foot border wall,” he said. In Santa Teresa, New Mexico, the government will build 20 miles of border wall, he said. According to the Washington Examiner, the new barriers in Santa Teresa will replace “three-foot-tall posts and a taller mesh fence.”

Vitiello said the government will build four miles of new border wall in El Paso, Texas, and 35 new gates along a 55-mile stretch of existing border wall in the Rio Grande Valley.

Finally, Vitiello said, the Department of Homeland Security will replace 47 miles of “dilapidated border fencing with new border wall system in various locations along the southwest border.” Also in the Rio Grande Valley, he said, it plans to build 25 miles of new levee wall in Hidalgo County, and eight miles of “new border wall system” in Starr County, Texas. All of that is made possible by funding in the 2018 spending bill, he said.

By our count, that comes to less than 40 miles of new barrier where there wasn’t any before.

Although most of the new barrier will replace old or ineffective fencing, Vitiello said, “I would say that it’s all new because there’s a different design going in. It’s replacing stuff that is unsuitable, the dilapidated wall, this old landing mat fence. It doesn’t serve our needs anymore.”

The president would ultimately like to have 1,000 miles of barrier, Vitiello said, and there is currently 654 miles of fencing. So the funding bill leaves the president well short of his goal.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/has-the-border-wall-begun/
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Exactly.

She knows what it is. So why do this? Attention? Seeking criticism from the right. Trying to de-sensitize us?
3. Trying to goad right-wing media into an inappropriate attack to get sympathy from moderates.
2. Trying to appeal to the poor (and especially the poor AND ignorant) within her base.
1. Trying to convince right-wingers (via right-wing media coverage) that she's a complete moron so that when she pwns the shit out of them by making them act like Dwights they won't even notice her skill due to cognitive dissonance.

And as you can see, like a trained dog, Dalai responded to evidence he was pwned with "evidence" that AOC is a moron.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 16, 2019, 3:26:50 PM
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Trump repeated the stupid lie again today that he is building the "wall". You folks are really falling for his lies.

"The president would ultimately like to have 1,000 miles of barrier, Vitiello said, and there is currently 654 miles of fencing. So the funding bill leaves the president well short of his goal."
It says right in the article that he is building a wall. How is that a lie?
Because everything that disrupts The Narrative is racist.
-----
Speaking of disrupting The Narrative, another locked Impeacher thread. Imagine my shock.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 16, 2019, 4:40:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info