ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
rojimboo wrote:

And you wonder why people are upset? About the greatest crisis humanity has ever encountered?
It's hardly fair to blame the US while China, India and the developing world still chuggs on spewing out Co2 and pollution. Why is it always the US's fault and not China, India or the developing world?
"
AldarisGrave wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:

And you wonder why people are upset? About the greatest crisis humanity has ever encountered?
It's hardly fair to blame the US while China, India and the developing world still chuggs on spewing out Co2 and pollution. Why is it always the US's fault and not China, India or the developing world?
Historically US is by far the biggest polluter, still. China is catching up, but the US is far away and ahead.

Then there is the per capita argument.

Then there is the outsourcing of manufacturing argument.

But all of that pales in comparison to the fact that India and China are actually part of the Paris agreement and implementing tremendous emissions cuts if compared to a business-as-usual scenario.

All that other stuff is just icing on the cake, like how Trump declared war on science, particularly climate science.
Last edited by rojimboo on May 5, 2019, 6:33:41 AM
May 15th is Mueller Day.

Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
rojimboo wrote:
I'm glad you have shifted from a total climate change denialist into a believer, not sure when that happened, but it makes me happy nonetheless.
I haven't changed my position on this topic in over two years. I believe global warming is real, cataclysmic, driven mostly by atmospheric carbon, and mostly non-anthropogenic. The popular myth is that it is mostly anthropogenic. In other words, the only major point of disagreement is whether it's mankind or nature as the main driver of carbon emissions. (Obviously both are drivers to some extent.)

So how does this disagreement change my views? I don't see a world without human industry escaping global warming, while the, um, anthropogenicists do. They think that if they can reduce the carbon footprint of humanity to zero, the problem would go away; I do not. I believe a net negative carbon footprint is necessary. The anthropogenicists believe "green energy" technology can save us; I think it could help, but wouldn't be enough on it's own. I'm more focused on carbon scrubbing, whether through technology or chlorophyll-based organisms. Because I think scrubbing on a massive scale is necessary, I reason that with a large enough "O2 surplus" fossil fuels might be something we could afford, but right now it's the equivalent of going into debt without a source of income. Lastly, because I view global warming as mostly caused by naturally recurring cycles, I am less worried about it striking within the next ten to twenty years; however, overall I think the job is bigger than the anthropogenicists make it out to be, so we'd need the extra time.

In short, I find you overly alarmist and overly concerned with reducing emissions, as opposed to actively cleaning our atmosphere.
"
rojimboo wrote:
I'm saddened by seeing you spout the same Heartland Institute smoking-era propaganda about the Paris agreement though.

Is it perfect? Lol, it's not even binding per se, it's largely voluntary. But it's the best we could make at this point.
The non-binding thing is just one more element that makes it a clown world proposal. If it were binding, it would be a matter of serious debate whether or not it was better than nothing. In any case, merely "better than nothing" isn't good enough. It should have been rejected, and perhaps renegotiated. But when a proposal is that insulting perhaps walking away from the negotiating table completely is the correct move.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Mueller report summary, the president has done nothing wrong.....
"
diablofdb wrote:

I'm sorry he's a criminal. Just the way it goes sometimes.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

I'm sorry he's a criminal. Just the way it goes sometimes.

the only criminal is Hillary <3
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Actually not a bad visual aid. However, allow me to retort...

Asked about "letting this go": not OBSTRUCT. This didn't impede any investigation.
Firing Comey: not INTENT, or at least unclear. Trump had several excellent reasons for firing Comey unrelated to the Mueller investigation. A federal employee does not and should not gain immunity to termination for poor performance merely because there's an investigation against the President; if so, every FBI director will investigate the President from now on and be unfireable. Even if they decide intent is unclear, Trump will never be indicted and convicted for this.
Tried to/attempted to: not OBSTRUCT. If there was a crime called "attempted obstruction of justice," perhaps, but I'm not going to delve into these at any greater depth.
Publicly "attacking" Michael Cohen: not OBSTRUCT nor INTENT. There are various reasons why one would criticize someone for cooperation. Consider right-wing media at the time; they made the same kinds of public criticisms, they had similar motivations; they knew an investigation was ongoing. Would you indict Breitbart for obstruction of justice for their coverage of Cohen? A First Amendment defense beats this completely.

I guess my advice to you TDSers is to focus on the McGahn thing. It's the closest thing you have to a real case. Please note that Martha Stewart got 5 months and two years probation for multiple charges, only one of which was obstruction of justice. You'd be very lucky if Trump got so much as a slap on the wrist.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 5, 2019, 1:30:30 PM
This is a very interesting part

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info