ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Boem wrote:
Thank god i explicitly stated i was missrepresenting him then.

Now, wait a moment. I read that too. It's not like your reply was that long.

It doesn't make a difference if you punch someone in the face, if you tell them why you hit him.

I mean can you imagine your reasoning in a court of law?

Judge, "Hey, why did you hit his car?"

You, "Well, I told him that he shouldn't hit my car, and then I hit him back to show him why that was bad."

Judge, "....."

Yeah, no. Not right. Incorrect. Bad behavior, sir.

You aren't snaking your way out of this one.
(⌐■_■)
"
Turtledove wrote:
In all developed countries of the world except the USA, healthcare is a right rather than a privilege. Healthcare in the USA is broken and has been badly broken for generations. In the USA our healthcare costs are WAY more and we are less healthy. The ACA has helped but not enough. Fixing the ACA is the way to go not, going backwards.

There is only one radical political thought -- that man should govern himself. America is different from the other countries specifically because it doesn't buy into the feudal lie that every king in history has ever told, that you must give him your life in order to be saved from the darkness.

Healthcare is not a right because forcing a doctor to administer care under penalty of fines or jailtime is oppression. Doctors chose their profession for many reasons, and it's not the government's place to tell them how much they should charge, how much they should be allowed to work, and who they should be allowed to heal.*

Socialized healthcare is only as good as it is in other countries because they live on the largess of America, and even then it's a shadow of our healthcare quality and availability. All the innovation happens here, all the best care is here, and it's not even close. If you are dying of cancer and can afford to come to America for treatment, you absolutely would do it.

I don't disagree that our costs are high. We can address costs by looking at the costs imposed on the healthcare providers which they pass onto the customer, and by increasing choice for non-urgent care. At no point does nationalizing the industry make sense, morally or otherwise.

It's funny you mention "backwards" when the whole concept of a nanny state is as regressive as they come.

Since I'm sure this will get a predictable response... I'm obviously not talking about regulation on safety. The government does have a place in making sure our doctors aren't misrepresenting themselves or acting malevolently. I'm not an anarchist.

---

Regarding the glacier/climate change, I mentioned it as good news not because I'm mocking the climate change topic.

It's objectively good news when reality isn't as dire as our models predict. I consider it good news that our coastal cities aren't underwater like Al Gore said they would be by now.

And, to reiterate, America's carbon emissions are reducing every year, unlike "all developed countries of the world except the USA". We're on a good path, and I'll leave it at that lest I jinx it.
Last edited by pneuma on Mar 27, 2019, 6:44:47 PM
"
RPGlitch wrote:

Your analogy is flawed.

"get hit in the face"

Tell the other person

"i am going to take a swing at you"

(telling the other person what your doing)

Taking physical harm would depend on the other actor.

Does he eat the punch comming his way or does he dodge, being warned.

Not taking the obvious out is unfortunate but hardly my concern.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : i still think equating morral fraud to physical harm is poor form though.
I'm not gonna feel guilty for putting a mirror in front of somebody either way glitch if i clearly state i am mirroring that person.(without physical harm ever entering the scenario which would make the context completely different, which you seem to discard for whatever reason)

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Mar 27, 2019, 6:54:27 PM
"
Boem wrote:

Your analogy is flawed.

"get hit in the face"

Tell the other person

"i am going to take a swing at you"

(telling the other person what your doing)

Taking physical harm would depend on the other actor.

Does he eat the punch comming his way or does he dodge, being warned.

Not taking the obvious out is unfortunate but hardly my concern.

Peace,

-Boem-

So, my analogy is flawed because you don't give a shit about people, if you give them a way out of a punch in the face? This is some sociopathic behavior here.

I mean, what you are trying to suggest here? That as long you make your intentions clear, that you can do whatever you want?

Yeah, I told him I'd hit him. And he didn't dodge. Not my fault.

Judge, "....."

Dude, that excuse does not fly.

"
edit : i still think equating morral fraud to physical harm is poor form though.

Well, if you think the comparison is so wrong. Feel free to give me the right one. I think it's poor form to jump to assumptions, but I'm not going to hang it over your head.

"
I'm not gonna feel guilty for putting a mirror in front of somebody either way glitch if i clearly state i am mirroring that person.(without physical harm ever entering the scenario which would make the context completely different, which you seem to discard for whatever reason)

I care more if you know what you did there was wrong. That wasn't the right way to go about it.

And I'm not discarding the fact that the context is different. Obviously, if you hit someone, its different. If you were saying it as a joke. That's different. If you were being an asshole and just got mad. That's also different.

But you're talking about correcting behavior. And seemed dead serious on it, like doing shitty things to other people, as long as you gave them a footnote, was how you should argue.

You can't be doing reprehensible things, in order to teach someone a lesson. It doesn't work that way. It doesn't matter if its verbal or physical.

I mean we can go down the list of non-violent examples here, and in every case. You are going to be on the morally wrong side of the argument.

It's just not right.
(⌐■_■)
2 things

First, the US is far from the only country that get scientific breakthrough in medicine. Most discoveries are joint effort from multiples nations and of those that aren't, it's quite well distributed. The US is nothing special in that regard.

For the glacier gaining in size, it's misleading.

A big part of it is due to softwater being able to float on top of ice water. The currents push that water north and since fresh water freeze at a higher temperature ( 0 degree celcius is higher than -10 degree celcius), you get a bigger ice sheet.

That fresh water come from glaciers that are melting further down south.

In other words, what's expending some northern glacier is water borrowed from melting glacier that are further south. It is, however, just a small fraction of what's melting.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

stuff

Here's a transcript of what was said my dude.

It's a fair assessment of the situation. In no way does he say or even hint at the fact that white nationalists might be good people.

"
Turtledove wrote:

Why is the search results so overwhelming on the other side?

You're kinda close to a redpill there but something tells me you'll spit it out.

The problem with this is that he's trying to minimize the implication of a group that largely consist of racists, neo-nazis and white supremacists.

Keep in mind that one side just participated in murder, at that very event.

By saying that both side had bad people in it, he's pretty much putting them on equal ground. I think it's fair to say that counter-protest isn't equal with murder.

So, when Trump refuse to acknowledge that one side went WAY too far and instead, try to demonize the counter-protesters AND glorify the protester part, you get this situation where it's obvious that he's supportive of the racist acts that happened.

If both side did equivalent acts, then his comment might have made a little bit more sense. But it's not the case.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
"
RPGlitch wrote:

So, my analogy is flawed because you don't give a shit about people, if you give them a way out of a punch in the face? This is some sociopathic behavior here.

I mean, what you are trying to suggest here? That as long you make your intentions clear, that you can do whatever you want?

Yeah, I told him I'd hit him. And he didn't dodge. Not my fault.

Judge, "....."

Dude, that excuse does not fly.

Spoiler
Yes clearly i am a sociopath that doesn't give a shit about people.

That's why i took the time to clarify he missrepresented Pneuma in an awfull way implying Pneuma doesn't care about people's lives.

Btw i don't have to be courteous to people who cannot give others the same treatment. I choose to be if i desire so.

He missrepresented me 6 pages ago intentionally and now he did the same to pneuma, don't expect to be treated with decency when you don't give other's the same baseline value.

Hell i just mirrored so he might realize what he is doing, you don't know what being "mean spirited" actually means.

Feel free to imply i would physically harm others or whatever. Others are capable of judging me and your hypothesis how they want.
I don't have to sit iddle when i see somebody posting in bad-faith and has done so multiple times already.

edit: for reference, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2031510/page/676 post 2.
Never altered, and taking pieces and bits of other people in various orders to act in bad faith, not only towards me.

That was me being polite.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Mar 27, 2019, 9:58:22 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:

"
Healthcare isn't a right, and forcing people by law to purchase a privatized good, fining them when they don't, is absurdly unconstitutional.

Got it. You don't care if Americans suffer or die.

In all developed countries of the world except the USA, healthcare is a right rather than a privilege. Healthcare in the USA is broken and has been badly broken for generations. In the USA our healthcare costs are WAY more and we are less healthy. The ACA has helped but not enough. Fixing the ACA is the way to go not, going backwards.

That's funny, I've conversed with people from numerous places around the world with socialized healthcare and I've heard mostly negative things ranging from 'can't get help for anything other than the common cold' to 'my operation xyz won't be covered at all...'

And you think that healthcare is free?...

Obamacare was doomed from the start, because it was being
paid for by money stolen from investors of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Mar 27, 2019, 9:48:43 PM
"
faerwin wrote:
2 things

First, the US is far from the only country that get scientific breakthrough in medicine. Most discoveries are joint effort from multiples nations and of those that aren't, it's quite well distributed. The US is nothing special in that regard.

Do you have a source showing your claim about medical discoveries being evenly distributed? Biomedical research publications certainly don't agree with this at all. https://insight.jci.org/articles/view/95206
"
"
faerwin wrote:
2 things

Do you have a source showing your claim about medical discoveries being evenly distributed? Biomedical research publications certainly don't agree with this at all. https://insight.jci.org/articles/view/95206

https://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/2011/03/23/the-most-innovative-countries-in-biology-and-medicine/

This doesn't show for joint efforts though.

When you consider populations, you can see that (among highly developed countries) that it's about even.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info