ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

Bernie Sanders. The most popular politician in America.
"
pneuma wrote:
If the House democrats continue with the circus, it's absolutely going to hurt them in 2020. Nothing is stopping them from bringing in Barr, Rosenstein, and Mueller, but just like with Cohen, it'll be a bunch of evidence-free, fact-free feels stories and softball questions.

They've already gotten as many gullible fools as they can into the party by playing up this hoax for the last two years. Every democrat that ran on the "Impeach Trump" mandate and won in 2018 should be trying to pivot away as fast as possible, not double down.

Democrats need independents to win in 2020, and independents are very quickly seeing this as "the democrat's Benghazi".

---

"
Kelogg wrote:
returning the US from the Twilight Zone

The Twilight Zone has been the media lying to people's faces for over two years. I'm not super hopeful that they'll eat crow and return to sanity, especially watching their coverage of Barr's summary.

The US is doing very well right now, and Trump's been a way better president than anyone predicted. I definitely didn't want him in 2016 and didn't vote for him then, but unless something drastically changes, he seems like a great 2020 candidate.

On the topic of democrats, assuming they don't obliterate each other during the primaries, which is pushing forward good policy? Which is a candidate that enthuses people and makes them want to come to the polls?

Trump is just not Presidential material. He's a grifter and conman, nothing more and nothing less. As far as the US doing well, LOL!

No coherent Foreign policy (essentially none at all - all based on feels)
Insane trade wars that just hurts everyone involved
Largest federal deficit and getting worse
$22 trillion debt and getting higher
Tax breaks for the top 1%
Climate change denial
Science denial
Fake national emergences

Trump is good for Trump nothing else.

"
coatofarms wrote:

There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
Spoiler
"
Makillda wrote:
"
coatofarms wrote:

Better that than someone that doesn't know the difference between NAFTA and NATO. Or the difference between climate and weather. Or someone that would like to have sex with his underage daughter
Last edited by Kellog on Mar 25, 2019, 1:03:14 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:

It is wonderful that there is insufficient evidence to prove our President is guilty of conspiracy with Russia. I hope he is also proven to not be a criminal guilty of financial crimes and not guilty of hanky panky regarding his inaugural committee and whatever else he is being investigated for. This things need to be investigated. Barr, Rosenstein and Mueller need to testify to congress. Most importantly Trump needs to be soundly defeated and his party needs to be soundly defeated in the 2020 election.

There is no point in going after the Messenger. William Barr could be biased but I doubt he would want to incriminate himself lying about the report. They just need to Subpoena Robert Mueller to clarify on his findings. I doubt it will change much of anything.

Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer. Democrats are often facepalm worthy. Democrats and liberals need to get off their high horses. The current odds on Trump being a two-term President isn't exactly low or impossible.
Of course Barr is biased. Barr said the Mueller report found no collusion. But the Mueller report said there was insufficient evidence to prove or not prove collusion.

If Barr was an honest man, he would have said that Mueller's findings found the results of the investigation to be inconclusive. Instead, Barr somehow concluded Mueller found no collusion (and all the newspapers are pathetically repeating Barr's claim) when Mueller's Report does not say that.
Last edited by coatofarms on Mar 25, 2019, 1:53:20 AM
"
deathflower wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

It is wonderful that there is insufficient evidence to prove our President is guilty of conspiracy with Russia. I hope he is also proven to not be a criminal guilty of financial crimes and not guilty of hanky panky regarding his inaugural committee and whatever else he is being investigated for. This things need to be investigated. Barr, Rosenstein and Mueller need to testify to congress. Most importantly Trump needs to be soundly defeated and his party needs to be soundly defeated in the 2020 election.

There is no point in going after the Messenger. William Barr could be biased but I doubt he would want to incriminate himself lying about the report. They just need to Subpoena Robert Mueller to clarify on his findings. I doubt it will change much of anything.

Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer. Democrats are often facepalm worthy. Democrats and liberals need to get off their high horses. The current odds on Trump being a two-term President isn't exactly low or impossible.

No, this is wrong.

Let's look at what we do know. Barr allegedly received the report late Friday afternoon. Between that time and the time he presented his letter to Congress - Sunday afternoon, he had time review information pertaining to:

2,800 Subpoenas
500 search warrants
230 Orders for Communication Records
50 Pen Registers
13 request from Foreign Governments for Evidence
500 witnesses related information

As well as reading the report.

The letter, according to Barr was to:
"

...summerize the principal conclusions reached by the Special Counsel...

However, it goes way beyond that.

In the letter, Barr quotes Mueller:

"
while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also doesn not exonerate him -Robert S Mueller III

And yet, according to Barr, he and Rosenstein have done exactly that, exonerate Trump:

"
In cataloguing the President’s actions, many of which took place in public view, the [Mueller] report identifies no actions that, in our judgment, constitute obstructive conduct, had a nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding, and were done with corrupt intent, each of which, under the Department’s principles of federal prosecution guiding charging decisions, would need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to establish an obstruction-of-justice offence,

The problem with this is that, it's not up to the AG and DAG to make this decision, it's up to congress. You also have to remember that Barr wrote a memo last year regarding this, which I posted earlier.

So, yes Mueller does need to go before Congress and so to AG Barr and DAG Rosenstein.

There's also something very fishy about the fact that Trump went Twitter AWOL, along with his new lawyer, right as this was starting. One might almost suspect someone at the DoJ gave someone at the WH a heads up...
"
coatofarms wrote:
Of course Barr is biased. Barr said the Mueller report found no collusion. But the Mueller report said there was insufficient evidence to prove or not prove collusion.

If Barr was an honest man, he would have said that Mueller's findings found the results of the investigation to be inconclusive. Instead, Barr somehow concluded Mueller found no collusion (and all the newspapers are pathetically repeating Barr's claim) when Mueller's Report does not say that.

Indeed, this is a complete clusterfuck by the MSM. It's something I'd expect from the right-wing media. In reality, everyone should have taken a breath before reaching for their keyboards. All they've done is empower Trump and his magas.
"
Kellog wrote:
"
coatofarms wrote:

Indeed, this is a complete clusterfuck by the MSM. It's something I'd expect from the right-wing media. In reality, everyone should have taken a breath before reaching for their keyboards. All they've done is empower Trump and his magas.

You are missing the point, there is weak to no evidence of collusion or obstruction, THEY SHOULD DROP IT! DROP IT! DROP IT!

Wasting time, energy and political capital fighting losing battle is silly. Wasting time to Subpoena William Barr over semantics or his supposed bias on his report which he has barely time to read is silly. What would they gain going after William Barr. NOTHING.

Trump can't be indicted and he wouldn't be impeached, STOP TRYING.

You know what empower Trump and his MAGAS? The most glaring omission? Democrats failure to win. Democrats can't afford to lose 2020.
"
deathflower wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:
"
coatofarms wrote:

You are missing the point, there is weak to no evidence of collusion or obstruction, THEY SHOULD DROP IT! DROP IT! DROP IT!

Wasting time, energy and political capital fighting losing battle is silly. Wasting time to Subpoena William Barr over semantics or his supposed bias on his report which he has barely time to read is silly. What would they gain going after William Barr. NOTHING.

Trump can't be indicted and he wouldn't be impeached, STOP TRYING.

You know what empower Trump and his MAGAS? The most glaring omission? Democrats failure to win. Democrats can't afford to lose 2020.

I've already agreed that the Dems need to focus on 2020, but the simple fact is we don't know what evidence there is. All we have is the word of a partisan AG. Until the full report and all supporting evidence can be evaluated we'll never know. Moreover, as already mentioned, it's not up to the AG to decide whether Trump is guilty or not; that falls on Congress. That simple fact alone cannot be ignored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info