ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

It's far worse than just partnering with hostile foreign powers to win an election: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article227186429.html
Watch out guys! The daily anti-trumpers are coming out of the woods, spewing out fake facts again!

Gotta, duck and roll before you get infected and lose some brain cells.
(⌐■_■)
"
It's far worse than just partnering with hostile foreign powers to win an election: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article227186429.html

I've said before there will be no collusion and think I'm still right. Trumps too stupid and loose lips to be a intelligence asset. Not to mention his right hand fixer man Cohen said he had no knowledge of any collusion. Don't worry his finished politically but that collusion dog wont hunt.
Git R Dun!
"
pneuma wrote:
Primarily, I only disagree with your opinion that districting is the primary cause of partisanship, though. I think it's preventable, but not by districting. I've never said I'm in favor of partisanship, and your opinion about the link between districting and partisanship isn't proof of such.
While I still believe districting is an enabling factor to hyper partisanship, I'm not convinced it's the primary source of it. I think you've had some good arguments on that point.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The "bottom left" system you advocate ensures that the one representative protesting is just bread and circuses, and at the end of the day is oppressed. And I can prove it.

[diagram]
[pneuma note: I agree with this simplified model and its outcome]

Now admittedly, under my system the representative of District 1 probably doesn't squawk as loudly as under your system.
The point I'm making is that there are countless qualifiers which you don't know about a priori. By splitting up a group that is not measured in R/D/Circle/Square, you will disenfranchise them and deny them a voice at the federal level over federal policy that may specifically affect them. It's the difference between 1 representative "squawking loudly" (read: sitting on a committee, introducing bills) and 0 representatives.

The one thing we know is true is that people with similar interests and shared resources tend to self-congregate. Barring your magical (and NP-Complete) satisfier, any districting system which discards this effect is actively worse than one that doesn't.
This isn't true, because there is a broad spectrum between the absolute bottom left system of 100% homogeneous districts and, hypothetically and unrealistically, a system where each minority has enough 2-point swings in as many districts as possible to turn a series of 51-point wins into 49-point losses. While I can respect the idea that trying to distribute potential 11-point swings across four districts carries some risk, I think it's obvious that three 14-point swings, or two 20-point swings, or one 39-point swing are progressively less risk, albeit less reward. What you are advocating is an extreme position of zero risk and zero reward. Not an active defense of minority interests against the real threat of tyranny of the majority.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
What I am advocating here is full-bodied republicanism, with a little r. Is that unnatural? Of course! As a rule, republican mechanisms are — look at the Electoral College and how confusing it is to most people. "Why can't we just go by the popular vote?" they whine. Well, that's what the bottom left method functionally is — direct democracy, with a republican paint job. The rINO system, if you will.
Just think of it this way: I'm talking about making the House more like the Senate, and you're saying that that's the opposite of "full-bodied republicanism".

The plot has been lost in your effort to prove... something.
I see the cognitive dissonance has set in; all you can do is project back onto me. There isn't a single proposal under bottom-left that doesn't pass as if under direct democracy, and you know it. It's you that have lost the plot trying to prove something.

The only thing that makes the Senate little-r republican is that votes aren't proportional to population. If Senators were assigned proportional to population, it'd be equivalent to a top-left version of the House.
Wikipedia image again, for reference.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 8, 2019, 6:27:34 PM
I think this thread is Kitava itself.

Go to Hinekora!!
Last edited by BearCares on Mar 8, 2019, 4:22:51 PM
"
BearCares wrote:

Anyway, I would say that both Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow are biased. The difference is, that one of them expresses their bias with facts, literal documents and records. While the other just wings it and says whatever feels good to him. Oops I think I just gave away which was which.

Hannity is not very concerned with reality of the news he reports. Hannity has said, "I never claimed to be a journalist." He now says, "I'm an advocacy journalist, or an opinion journalist". Rachel Maddow is a journalist and acts like a journalist.

Many of the Trump fans suffer from TDS and so Hannity's style works much better for them.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
Many of the Trump fans suffer from TDS.

pfft, haha.
(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Many of the Trump fans suffer from TDS.

pfft, haha.

Trump Delusional Syndrome is a mental state when someone has an overwhelming desire to believe what a known pathological liar says. Hannity may not be the pathological liar that Trump is but he does cover lies as if they were the truth as part of his job. Here's over a dozen stories pushed by Hannity that fall into that category.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Hannity#Political_commentary,_controversies,_and_criticism
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
Trump Delusional Syndrome is a mental state when someone has an overwhelming desire to believe what a known pathological liar says.

Well, I didn't know anyone who could be more wrong about something when its all over the news and has its own wikipedia page. I guess I do now.

"
Hannity may not be the pathological liar that Trump is but he does cover lies as if they were the truth as part of his job. Here's over a dozen stories pushed by Hannity that fall into that category.

And Rachel Maddow has her own list of stories that she pushes that turn out to be wrong. She isn't better then Hannity.

What happened to the russian collusion accusations she was making in 2016? That Trump had meetings with the Russians before the election? And that there was a concentrated smear campaign to elect him?

Actually, turns out that Hillary Clinton was the one who hired a russian company to smear Donald Trump. That it wasn't Trump, but another person who did the russian meeting. And that any effect of Russian bots turned out to be miniscule, as said by facebook itself, when it looked into the matter.

That's a lot of wrong facts here.

Also, what happened to the the Trump tax returns she claimed that were supposed to prove he dodged taxes? Nothing, in fact Trump paid taxes and it was on the form. She made a big deal out of nothing and looked like fool.

What happened to the economic ruin she claimed would happen when Trump got elected? Where she got all these experts who said the country would go into an economic recession because Trump would destroy the country?

It didn't happen. Her fact spewing experts were dead wrong, in fact the economy is doing even better than Obama and unemployment is down

What happened about the things she said on Kavanaugh, that it was troubling that Trump said we shouldn't believe the women who accused him of raping them. It turns out a lot of the women in the hearing made-up stories and admitted to it when questioned by law enforcement. And the list goes on.

Ignore that her facts come from sources that often have to retract and amend their stories when they turn out to be false. Covington. Jessie Smolett. And ignore that she cries and makes emotional fearmongering assumptions about things when she doesn't have all the facts. (economic crisis, immigration, and syria)

Ignorance is truly bliss here. I starting to feel the stupider people are, the more they think its only one side is doing all the bad things in the world.

How about admit that Rachel Maddow can be just as shit as Hannity when it comes to the truth. It's really not that hard with the way she's been covering news.
(⌐■_■)
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Trump Delusional Syndrome is a mental state when someone has an overwhelming desire to believe what a known pathological liar says.

Well, I didn't know anyone who could be more wrong about something when its all over the news and has its own wikipedia page. I guess I do now.

"
Hannity may not be the pathological liar that Trump is but he does cover lies as if they were the truth as part of his job. Here's over a dozen stories pushed by Hannity that fall into that category.

And Rachel Maddow has her own list of stories that she pushes that turn out to be wrong. She isn't better then Hannity.

What happened to the russian collusion accusations she was making in 2016? That Trump had meetings with the Russians before the election? And that there was a concentrated smear campaign to elect him?

Actually, turns out that Hillary Clinton was the one who hired a russian company to smear Donald Trump. That it wasn't Trump, but another person who did the russian meeting. And that any effect of Russian bots turned out to be miniscule, as said by facebook itself, when it looked into the matter.

That's a lot of wrong facts here.

Also, what happened to the the Trump tax returns she claimed that were supposed to prove he dodged taxes? Nothing, in fact Trump paid taxes and it was on the form. She made a big deal out of nothing and looked like fool.

What happened to the economic ruin she claimed would happen when Trump got elected? Where she got all these experts who said the country would go into an economic recession because Trump would destroy the country?

It didn't happen. Her fact spewing experts were dead wrong, in fact the economy is doing even better than Obama and unemployment is down

What happened about the things she said on Kavanaugh, that it was troubling that Trump said we shouldn't believe the women who accused him of raping them. It turns out a lot of the women in the hearing made-up stories and admitted to it when questioned by law enforcement. And the list goes on.

Ignore that her facts come from sources that often have to retract and amend their stories when they turn out to be false. Covington. Jessie Smolett. And ignore that she cries and makes emotional fearmongering assumptions about things when she doesn't have all the facts. (economic crisis, immigration, and syria)

Ignorance is truly bliss here. I starting to feel the stupider people are, the more they think its only one side is doing all the bad things in the world.

How about admit that Rachel Maddow can be just as shit as Hannity when it comes to the truth. It's really not that hard with the way she's been covering news.

Ravings with zero references, no doubt about it. You suffer from TDS. (Trump Delusional Syndrome is a mental state when someone has an overwhelming desire to believe what a known pathological liar says.) Now, can we next expect made up graphs to be posted that were obviously just posted to social media and probably just made up by the Russian IRA?

Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 9, 2019, 6:06:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info