Harbinger Content Integration

RIP QoL from this league.
No surprise, more crap decisions, just the usual lately.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
Qarl wrote:
While we think the encounters are enjoyable, they don't provide something the core game needs on their own. Therefore, we don't feel a need to make it part of the permanent composition of Path of Exile.

I agree with the second part.

"
Qarl wrote:
Harbinger will be available from Zana as a league option in the future, though not in 3.1.0.

I completely agree with this.

"
Qarl wrote:
The Orb of Binding and the Engineer's Orb did not resonate with players, and do not fill great enough need to be added to the core game at this stage.

Engineer's Orbs were a real headscratcher for me. I just didn't see any value to be gained from using them. Orbs of Binding, on the other hand, I found useful in the early going for quick gear fixes. Evidently I was in the minority.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Only thing I'll miss is the Orb of Horizon. I didn't run many beachhead maps cause after 90, idgaf, so Harbinger Orbs have no use to me. I only got to around 105/126 or something, but without the Horizons, that probably would have been even lower.
Aw well.
"
Milchut wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

The Orb of Binding and the Engineer's Orb did not resonate with players, and do not fill great enough need to be added to the core game at this stage.

Maybe we've been too quiet about them, but I absolutely loved Orbs of Binding. I was trying to get three new players into the game, and having Orbs of Binding available made a lot of processes both easier to explain, to demonstrate, and to carry out. We didn't need to pool Alts-into-Jewelers-into-Fusings. We just had to pool binding shards when someone needed a 4Link.

It not only streamlined some of the most frustrating parts of trying to level up in a new league, for myself. But it also greatly improved the experience of my friends who were new to the game

Please, for the love of the new players, consider keeping Orbs of Binding obtainable.
I can only imagine the huge help they are for dedicated SSF players as well.

Excellent points, particularly the last bit about how useful Orbs of Binding are for SSF.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
It's kind of funy that with harb and horizon orbs, GGG have found the solution for the major issue of 95% of players => the high tier maps sustain with affordable investissements

But GGG's vision seem to be "Humm, other players than those who have a 2000$ pack can acces the end-game....so let's break that"
i will miss the "baalruns"
BEACHHEAD ARE WE GOING TO LOSE THE BEACHHEAD MAP - ??!?!?!?!
"
hyyyben wrote:
BEACHHEAD ARE WE GOING TO LOSE THE BEACHHEAD MAP - ??!?!?!?!

Did you find it enjoyable? If the answer is "yes", then consider it gone.
So all of the things that made this league enjoyable are disappearing. Typical.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info