Harbinger Content Integration

"
gajirachan wrote:
It's kind of funy that with harb and horizon orbs, GGG have found the solution for the major issue of 95% of players => the high tier maps sustain with affordable investissements

But GGG's vision seem to be "Humm, other players than those who have a 2000$ pack can acces the end-game....so let's break that"

I think the solution for ''95% of the players'' who can't sustain higher tier maps is more to do with not knowing that you need pack size on the map over item quantity/quality. Hope I haven't just given away the big secret of us higher tier map players...
Odd that Horizon orbs are somehow damaging to the Atlas progression, but buying maps from other players isn't. Or the fact that most experienced players consider progressing the Atlas itself a noobtrap past a certain tier, given the radical degree of control over the drop pool the Atlas mechanics grant. Really hope this stuff is being examined for 3.1.
I honestly expected Orb of Binding to be added lol. Such an awesome leveling tool. Also the safest non economy damaging of the lot.
IMO Harbinger can be forgotten, worst league and player experience till now, that I want to forgot. I suppose you will place relevant price for that mod, like one scroll fragment (for league with 1001 scraps/fragments).
I am rlly concerned in feature leagues, because if Harbinger can be published with 3.0 content what can we expect from feature...dang
I just wanted to add my voice to those annoyed at the cutting of orbs which definitely added quality of life to the game.

I recently came back to PoE after a couple of years not playing, so I guess I'm not GGG's core playerbase, and perhaps not in their target audience. Perhaps they just want to cater to the hardcore, but it is still disappointing.

I can understand the argument that prolonging the game experience and putting up more barriers can make the achievement of reaching endgame feel more satisfying, but that isn't always the case. It can get to the point where a game becomes little more than a frustrating RNG-infused chore; some of the things I've read and heard seem to indicate that the developers would prefer that outcome.

I respect that it's their right to make the game that they want to make, but I enjoy so much of the gameplay and character-build design in this game, that it's a shame that the gating of endgame content behind huge time investments might end up ruining the experience for players like myself.
"
Completed 36 Challengesgajirachan wrote:
It's kind of funy that with harb and horizon orbs, GGG have found the solution for the major issue of 95% of players => the high tier maps sustain with affordable investissements

But GGG's vision seem to be "Humm, other players than those who have a 2000$ pack can acces the end-game....so let's break that"

I think the solution for ''95% of the players'' who can't sustain higher tier maps is more to do with not knowing that you need pack size on the map over item quantity/quality. Hope I haven't just given away the big secret of us higher tier map players...

Thanks for your irony, but even with corupted t15,40+ pack size and 140+ iiq, still looting t13, t12 and perhaps one t15 or t16 is realy enjoyable...even with those corupted t15 boss kill, map drop rate is crap
time to farm some more orbs!
"
Erevant wrote:
Am I the only one who likes Engineer's Orbs?

Nope. I love Strongbox crafting.
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
Perfect
GGG, good decision to keep Harbinger limited to Zana mods. Even better decision to remove all of the new currency from the core game. Thank you!

Harbinger was a rather mundane league, completely dwarfed by the launch of 3.0. It felt like an after-thought. While I enjoy any challenge league gameplay, regardless of how good or bad the league content is, I have to agree with many others than Harbinger was a disappointment. Even the final Beachhead map was a repetitive, uninspired zerg fest.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info