Harbinger Content Integration

I liked the Orbs of Binding.

As someone who plays mostly SSF, I found those to be very useful during leveling and during basic crafting as a way to get 4Ls on Helms/Gloves/Boots.

I wish they were being added to the base game.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
So the only orb I didn't use stays in the game :D I understand the choice though, people are swimming in T16's.
Also based on your comments I hope the atlas will chance in 3.1 !
"
gubaguy wrote:
Horizon orbs helped SSF fill atlas and made mapping fun, so we removed them.

Harbinger orbs allowd players to get to endgame faster and have more fun, so we removed them.

Players liked the new harbinger uniques and found new endgame builds with them and had fun with them, so we removed them.

Players who were unable to farm up currency to get GG items like kaoms or headhunter enjoyed ancients, so we removed them.

Players were too stupid to figure out that engineers orbs were OP, so we removed them.

Players were too stupid to use Bindings as alchs and for leveling, so we are removing them.

Streamers have figured out how to make even more GG items using annulments as eternals so they can continue to run mirror servies to hoard massive quantities of currencies for their RMT sales so they never have to work a day in their life, so becuase of streamer pressure we are keeping them in, and making sure to point out very publicly how they are in fact just eternals, but only for streamers, who RMT, and we know it, but do nothign about it, becuase they pay us lots of money to make 'custom uniques', and not bribe us to continue their illegal practices.

QFT.

As for the currency tab, at least make the shard slots generic ones...it never had enough slots for everything and now that you have a chance to give us more slots you decide to keep them in their useless state? Weird decision imo.
Last edited by Zodr on Nov 2, 2017, 7:43:11 AM
What's the next league?
Like many, here, I think that your approach is almost too severe, especially regarding orbs.

I agree about Engineer orbs (why not give an average higher quality/quantity drop from strongboxes? I mean at higher level I often get every drop filtered out, except currency), Ancients and, to some extent, Horizon and Harbinger orbs (but they help A LOT sustaining map pools).
Bindings are very useful early on in the game, without making the content too easy. They are just another way to "make rares great again", like essences, but focused on sockets, instead of a fixed property.
IMO you should leave them in the game, maybe with drop limited till Act3 and below, and no shards.

Speaking about shards, we have already plenty of trasmute, alteration and alchemy, so no need to have them drop, but chaos, regal and exalted can give a lot of help for trading or creating a starting amount of mid-to-high tier currency.

I mean exalted shards help dealing with those 19.5 exalted trades we all do, without having to constantly check the volatile ex/chaos ratio every day (with 3rd party sites and macros, let's not forget that). Same for mirror shards (never seen one, though).

In the meantime regal and chaos shards help to make a decent amount of currency from the get go. You can have them either drop (a chance/alchemy like drop rate wouldn't be so out of place) or given by vendors in exchange for particular item properties (e.g from unique items).

I'm not sure Harbinger as Zana mod would be that sought after, especially with no Harbinger orbs, and no Beachheads. Of course future facts can prove me wrong, but a decent chance to spawn in map could be a valid alternative.
IMO Beachead should be part of the endgame content, just like Council, Breach Domains, Perandus Manor and so on.
The Narra-Tor
"
Qarl wrote:
The two map rerolling currency items (Orb of Horizons and Harbinger's Orbs) are not something we want to keep in the core game. While they provided players a lot of flexibility in mapping, we felt it took a lot away from unlocking the Atlas, and made jumping up map tiers too easy. They also do not fit well with content coming in 3.1.0. These will not be added to the core game.

The Ancient Orb was not of great interest, except in cases where it provided the most value, and shortcut access to the most chase items. We feel the shortcut it provides is too great, therefore it will not be added to the core game.

The Orb of Annulment provides great risk to high end crafting, but also the potential for great results while adding a new wrinkle in the path to great items. We knew that this item had great risk associated with adding it, especially when used in Standard league with Eternal Orbs. It turned out to be a fine addition to the game. Players had many great moments, and also some terrible results, giving it a similar feel to the Vaal Orb in crafting. Its ability to sometimes salvage an almost-great item makes it an appealing addition to the core game. We will add this as a currency drop in the core game.

The Orb of Binding and the Engineer's Orb did not resonate with players, and do not fill great enough need to be added to the core game at this stage.

The new Currency Shards will not be added to the core game. The Currency Tab slots for Harbinger items: Orbs of Annulment, Annulment Shards, Chaos Shards, Regal Shards, Exalted Shards and Mirror Shards, will be left as they currently are. We may in the future make them invisible if you don't have any items of that type in the tab.

Harbinguer/Orizon orb was amazing, specially playing SSF. But yes, it makes opening the Atlas too easy, I have to agree with that.

I'm not a fan of gambling ancient orbs for Headhunters, but yes selling it for chaos. I guess Ancients could stay in the game and drop just like divine orbs rate to be worth 10c each. I'm not happy you're removing it from the core game because this is a absolutely amazing GAMBLE orb and gamble is what poe is all about.

I TOTALLY AGREE with Annulment. Yes, it is amazing ( or a disaster ) for crafting and you're right, it's like vaals orbs. I loved that you added this orb to the game and it can drop as any other orb. Thank you.

Binding and enginner well... who cares.

I guess you could REMOVE all shards drop, such alchemy, chaos shard, etc. But you should keep exalted shard and mirror shards on Harbinguer mods. This would give players a EXTRA reason to playing this mods. Because ex/mirror shards are awesome, and all other shards are garbage.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Nov 2, 2017, 7:58:41 AM
Imo very good choice, most of orbs was garbage so its good they don't go to std

No Ancient orbs, no Horizons, no Engineer...
why should I bother farming "crafting orbs", especially in a new league?
"
Qarl wrote:
The Orb of Annulment provides great risk to high end crafting, but also the potential for great results while adding a new wrinkle in the path to great items. We knew that this item had great risk associated with adding it, especially when used in Standard league with Eternal Orbs. It turned out to be a fine addition to the game. Players had many great moments, and also some terrible results, giving it a similar feel to the Vaal Orb in crafting. Its ability to sometimes salvage an almost-great item makes it an appealing addition to the core game. We will add this as a currency drop in the core game.

The new Currency Shards will not be added to the core game. The Currency Tab slots for Harbinger items: Orbs of Annulment, Annulment Shards, Chaos Shards, Regal Shards, Exalted Shards and Mirror Shards, will be left as they currently are. We may in the future make them invisible if you don't have any items of that type in the tab.

I'm confused here, you are adding Orb of Annulment to the core game basis, but also you are planning on removing it's slots in currency tabs? What is the sense of that?
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
This post should be titled "Harbinger Content Disintegration" instead, seeing what's getting removed.

All the usefull things and stuff that player actually liked seems to get removed each league..Leaguestones anyone?

Also funny to see what impact this post had on the market regarding all Garbinger items / orbs..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info