Harbinger Content Integration

Orb of Binding was my most used and bought one from the new orbs.

What is there to not resonate well? Maybe picking up shards to make those.

Cheaper, higher stacksize than Orbs of Alchemy, can link and socket. But for people who don't pick up white 84 bases it's not useful.
I don't realy understand the position to remove almost every add of this league. Some currency are underrated like Binding orbs, because there is no race atm. It's sad to read this while a simple rebalancing can add something realy interesting to the core game.

- Ancient orb : add a xx% risk (like 25% or even more) to downgrad the quality of the item (from unique to rare or magic or normal quality for example).
- Harbinger & Horizon orbs : add a xx% risk to downgrad the tier from 1 to 2 tier map.
- Binding orbs : rework it on the number of sock linked we can get and make it random (with a lower % chance than drop to get a 5 or 6 sock linked)
etc.

One question : What about Beachhead maps ? If the Harbinger orb is removed, does it means beachhead maps will be removed too ?

And how do you think to make the harbinger zana mod attractive to us if you remove almost every additionnal content of Harbinger league ?

Keeping nothing but orbs of annulment and removing shards and harbingers themselves is pretty much the best case scenario. For once GGG decided to integrate league content that makes the game better instead of stuffing everything in and bloating the game even more.
Good work.
Breach was the best anyway :-) harbingers are just "sub-breaches". Only the beachhead is pleasant because of loads and loads of monsters without overtuned bosses. Annulment orb is of course great. Ancient orb is crap, the so called "shortcut" it provides isn't short in any way. So in general everything is ok.
Not including new currency shards for chaos, regal and ex??? why?! it doesnt make sense...
I feel very dissapointed by this decision.

Engineer's orbs were unpopular because there are to many shi**y strongboxes. I used them only on diviner's and sometmies on carto (i found less than 10 this league).
"
Sir_Behemoth wrote:
I feel very dissapointed by this decision.

Engineer's orbs were unpopular because there are to many shi**y strongboxes. I used them only on diviner's and sometmies on carto (i found less than 10 this league).

I use them on arcanist strongboxes too, and sometimes on jeweller's
"
Pykish wrote:
"
Honestly, the Orb of Binding was an amazing addition.

Yeah I think this is the only thing I don't agree 100% but I can see that for a lot of people they'd feel useless.

"
Being able to get a rare, four link item for a new character out of the gate made it a lot easier to run through the early game for those that are on their 10th+ character

They were indeed great while leveling, but from my view it would need to be available earlier then it now happens. Probably, from GGG's view it had to much impact on the leveling process, especially traded...?

But: they could serve very well as quest reward(s), maybe even in exchange for the actual 4-link item options - so that you can at least 'craft' on your own base items, depending on your needs.

Other currencies: Alchemy shards are nice, but not really neccessary. Anything below, just drop it. Chaos/Regal shards could be added as value for special, specific T1 affixes? A "trade value equivalent" for Exalt/Mirror shards would also be 'nice', obviously, but are also obviously unrealistic - especially for the latter one.

Engineer's orbs: difficult to balance between the 'need' to spam it and the availability... From the noticed effect: no big loss.

Map reforging orbs, Ancient orb: obvious.

Shard slots: would be nice to use that spaces for more unspecific slots; but this could mean to do another rearrange of the tab...

invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
The only thing I will miss from this league will be the fast XP from Beachhead maps.

I hope that in the upcoming leagues similar "faster" exping methods will be implemented, because in Harbinger, considering all the "popular" map density nerfs, leveling @ 97+ outside Beachheads is really terrible.
while i'm sick to death of how you're ruining the game.. at least the fucking mirror shards are going away
generally dangerous

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info