[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

"
Visca wrote:

This jewel cost me 30c:

Of course, on hit effects to enable hits sounds stupid, but spells exists. I just wanted to let you know this option exist, I don't say it's good or bad (well, anything is so much better than blind gem). I didn't even finish reading the build yet as to make recommendations.

Didn't know that affix existed so thanks for the tip. However, idk if you misread or miswrote but the blind effect is from enemies hitting you, not you hitting enemies. With this build you get >63% evasion and >50% dodge so I'd think it would be far from reliable.
Last edited by Euploid on Mar 13, 2018, 2:22:13 PM
Do you think a Inpulsa's Broken Heart would work with this build? If we can shock often enough it should add some nice area through the explosions.
Last edited by V4ldaran on Mar 13, 2018, 4:18:00 PM
"
Do you think a Inpulsa's Broken Heart would work with this build? If we can shock often enough it should add some nice area through the explosions.

It would work for sure, you wouldn't even need to make any adjustments. Just make sure to have lightning damage somewhere, whether on gear or from Wrath/HoT doesn't really matter. You would however lose some speed and the +1 radius from Bronn's +2 to level of movement gems.
"
Euploid wrote:
"
Hey, really nice build. I really like how you explained everything about it, especially the part with mods and stats preferations. I'm here to ask you, if it wouldn't be better to have enchant +9% dmg per frenzy charge on helmet, because with like 7 frenzy charges that's 63% and that's globally, it's not Cyclone like your Cyclone enchant on helmet.

I'm looking at the wiki list of enchantments right now and I can't find the enchant you're referring to. These two exist but they don't apply to Cyclone. They buff Frenzy and Flicker Strike respectively:

"9% increased Frenzy Damage per Frenzy Charge"
"9% increased Flicker Strike Damage per Frenzy Charge"

Maybe you misread the first one of those?

Jeez, I really DID misread the first one. I'm so sorry to waste your time.
1)if I use Tomfest which stone I need to remove. As far as I understand it is better to remove Fortify support
"
MrGDR wrote:
1)if I use Tomfest which stone I need to remove. As far as I understand it is better to remove Fortify support

It's best to put your CWDT in the gloves and remove tempest shield. You want all 4 of the shield charge gems - if you're removing anything from those you should remove blood magic rather than fortify.

Also, your CWDT setup shouldn't be leveled up so much. Usually you will want to keep your CWDT gem and the active gems it supports at low levels to make it trigger more often. Mine is at lvl 3 but lvl 1, 5 or 7 is also fine.
Last edited by Euploid on Mar 15, 2018, 2:14:36 PM
hey there i tried this build and i really like it.
it's so much fun :D
for blinding i found abyss jewels quite handy.

something like this and the high attack speed should permablind bosses.

Last edited by Deeeds on Mar 17, 2018, 8:11:17 AM
"
Deeeds wrote:
hey there i tried this build and i really like it.
it's so much fun :D
for blinding i found abyss jewels quite handy.

something like this and the high attack speed should permablind bosses.

I forgot about that affix! Thanks for the comment, added to main post :D
Hey, thanks for the guide, very well detailed. I prefer builds with a little bit more defense so I made champion version with magna eclipsis (https://pastebin.com/KTEEAJcx). Proc adrenaline with BM aura mostly before doing boss fights, easy intimidate from First to Strike last to Fall frees gloves slot for some rare. I really like to use league exclusive items while they are easily obtainable, and cat's armor seems pretty nice for this build(PoB doesn't support aspects yet so I just simulate effects on custom rare). However that chest is a little bit expensive atm, but Shroud of Lightless with 1 abyss socket is pretty cheap and 5l it is not a problem. Some items can be downscaled by 15-20%, and build still gonna be pretty solid. Overall I'am very happy with this template, and thanks to ascendancy rework champion is perfectly viable option. Definitely gonna roll it and experiment with different item and gem setups after I finish my exams. Cheers.
So I’m back again, wanting to make another elemental crit cyclone character.

Unfortunately I have a few crazy ideas I’m going to throw out there and see what you think. I dropped a voidforge and 6L it, and then 6L a qotf in 7fus for my wander. But- hear me out now. Pathfinder voidforge QOTF cyclone (use fated amulet + stibnite for perma blind) or champion for hits can’t be evaded and then how do I reach similar damage and movespeed as pathfinder? I obviously have access to any flask if I have a 6L voidforge this league (and headhunter).

Anyways, those are my ideas I haven’t had much time to buildsmth them yet, but it’s either that or I go the tried and true wander which seems boring.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info