[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

"
_Nektre_ wrote:
Hi, dropped today this amulet:

Cyclone hideout (5L) stats with this amu: http://puu.sh/zQbbJ/f4e0775550.jpg
And with choir: http://puu.sh/zQbcN/96acf3c587.jpg

Can I get advice which one wins? Rare one also increases my life for 235 points, and on poe.trade with those crit multi, life and EDWA are quite expensive. 500 DPS and 235 life + crit multi or choir with 7% more flat crit? Appreciate every help!

I recommend you get Path of Building and learn to use it, it gives you the most accurate way to compare items like this.

This is a comparison generated in 1-2 minutes just from importing your character and creating the rare amulet:

Since you're using the inc crit support gem I'd say the rare amulet is the better choice for now. It's going to take you below the int threshold for lvl 20 Wrath so you'll need a bit of int somewhere else eventually.
Pretty good build, kills everything without crazy investments and doesn't die too often, thanks!
Hey Eupoloid! Not sure if I should continue this in PM or if it’s okay to have here.

Basically, I’ve come to realize that with cyclone and molten strike, we can reach plenty of DPS with voidforge. To maintain a speed clear, I think we can use a 6L impulses with cyclone for “speed mapping” to replicate the juicy HOI clears. This will require a vinktars to shock nearby enemies, and we will be shock immune with inpulsas. to kill bosses, we can swap in a loreweave (6L or otherwise) for the juicy max res and damage. Because auras aren’t super effective, we can run something like haste/vitality or determination/vitality. This allows us to gain access to LGOH for near-invulnerability during bosses while attacking. Next we hit 7k life or so for raw survivability. Next we have to ask which ascendancy do we use. There are three obvious choices:
champion (hits can’t be evaded + elemental overload, and 30% inc dmg taken by enemies)
Slayer (slayer leech...some culling and “more after killing”, but for me, this is PROBABLY built to farm uber elder- maybe to level with HH and inpulsas but I can’t foresee it overtaking my wander)
Scion: this is where it gets interesting. Slayer leech + raider gives frenzy generation, slayer leech+inquisitor gives ele pene and ele immunity during CGround which will be up permanently with molten strike. EO is still a damage increase here but we will need at least one juicy +accuracy affix.

The highest damage here is, with no doubt, champion. It also comes with ele immunity at low hp which is very valuable, as well as flat evasion and armor. Scion brings the most defense with mini slayer leech AND ele immunity on hard enemies,plus some extra ele pene (very effective). Slayer brings overkill leech but gets left in the dust for damage unless you have “have killed recently” up, and using the “have killed recently” means you can’t use the 10% ele pene boots that Scion or champ has access to which is a 10% less damage modifier.

I don’t use a curse because mobs are hexproof and so are bosses. I use vitality for the watchers eye with LGOH+molten strike gives thousands of leech per second. The only thing safer is adding mitigation and slayer leech on top of this. Hence why my three choices are either slayer, mini slayer, or Champion (HUGE damage).

Let me know what you think, and let me know if you’d rather take this to it’s own thread or to PMs. (Sorry for watering down your ele crit thread.)
Can someone clarify for me why my mana leech is SOOOO rubbish. Vs bosses i cant sustiain more than 4-5 cyclones before i have to wait to damage again. And with 10 frenzy charges 4-5 spins is done quite fast.

I just seem to cant figure out why, despite my amount of mana leech nodes, my leech is so rubbish.
"
Arothar wrote:
Can someone clarify for me why my mana leech is SOOOO rubbish. Vs bosses i cant sustiain more than 4-5 cyclones before i have to wait to damage again. And with 10 frenzy charges 4-5 spins is done quite fast.

I just seem to cant figure out why, despite my amount of mana leech nodes, my leech is so rubbish.

Take a look at the FAQ section, you're not the first person to have this problem.
"
Varek wrote:
Hey Eupoloid! Not sure if I should continue this in PM or if it’s okay to have here.

Basically, I’ve come to realize that with cyclone and molten strike, we can reach plenty of DPS with voidforge. To maintain a speed clear, I think we can use a 6L impulses with cyclone for “speed mapping” to replicate the juicy HOI clears. This will require a vinktars to shock nearby enemies, and we will be shock immune with inpulsas. to kill bosses, we can swap in a loreweave (6L or otherwise) for the juicy max res and damage. Because auras aren’t super effective, we can run something like haste/vitality or determination/vitality. This allows us to gain access to LGOH for near-invulnerability during bosses while attacking. Next we hit 7k life or so for raw survivability. Next we have to ask which ascendancy do we use. There are three obvious choices:
champion (hits can’t be evaded + elemental overload, and 30% inc dmg taken by enemies)
Slayer (slayer leech...some culling and “more after killing”, but for me, this is PROBABLY built to farm uber elder- maybe to level with HH and inpulsas but I can’t foresee it overtaking my wander)
Scion: this is where it gets interesting. Slayer leech + raider gives frenzy generation, slayer leech+inquisitor gives ele pene and ele immunity during CGround which will be up permanently with molten strike. EO is still a damage increase here but we will need at least one juicy +accuracy affix.

The highest damage here is, with no doubt, champion. It also comes with ele immunity at low hp which is very valuable, as well as flat evasion and armor. Scion brings the most defense with mini slayer leech AND ele immunity on hard enemies,plus some extra ele pene (very effective). Slayer brings overkill leech but gets left in the dust for damage unless you have “have killed recently” up, and using the “have killed recently” means you can’t use the 10% ele pene boots that Scion or champ has access to which is a 10% less damage modifier.

I don’t use a curse because mobs are hexproof and so are bosses. I use vitality for the watchers eye with LGOH+molten strike gives thousands of leech per second. The only thing safer is adding mitigation and slayer leech on top of this. Hence why my three choices are either slayer, mini slayer, or Champion (HUGE damage).

Let me know what you think, and let me know if you’d rather take this to it’s own thread or to PMs. (Sorry for watering down your ele crit thread.)

I don't mind you posting here, but I think maybe this build of yours is far enough removed from the ele crit raider that it could use its own theorycrafting thread or something.

I'm not sold on Inpulsa+Vinktar simply because Vinktar needs so many charges. If you're counting on close to 100% uptime you'd need to be a pathfinder and/or use Poacher's Mark. It still might be alright if you don't take RT, you might shock often enough on your own that it would feel okay.

As for which ascendancy I've got the hots for champion, it just seems like the strongest melee ascendancy atm and if you're thinking about using LGOH instead of leech then Slayer doesn't offer much for you. Starforge has always been a weird item with the Shock aspect of it since you basically had to go RT with it. Now that Champion offers 100% accuracy it seems like the perfect fit and furthermore if you're thinking about using EO you'd get a massive uptime increase with Champion.

The tech with using a BM aura to trigger the low HP buff is also just really neat, I'd go with a Champion if I was making that character.
Hello Euploid,

i need help with my gear and possible skill tree.
The char is lvl 87 with 4.6k Life, which feels kinda low.
My problem is that i can´t find whats missing to do the higher maps and bosses.
Can you check my gear and tree?
Link to my Profil with the char:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jan19457/characters

greetings
Jan
"
Jan19457 wrote:
Hello Euploid,

i need help with my gear and possible skill tree.
The char is lvl 87 with 4.6k Life, which feels kinda low.
My problem is that i can´t find whats missing to do the higher maps and bosses.
Can you check my gear and tree?
Link to my Profil with the char:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jan19457/characters

greetings
Jan

The biggest problem is your skill tree. It's sort of all over the place and you're missing some important life nodes. I suggest you respec into this for now: http://poeurl.com/bREM

There are some notables I don't agree with taking, like Will of Blades and Heart of Oak. I take Heart of Oak and it's included in my recommended passive tree but if you take Vaal Pact you should skip it since the regen doesn't do anything in that case.

Another thing I've changed is your leech nodes. The way you had it set up you actually don't have enough leech nodes to take advantage of VP. I've switched sides on the duelist leech cluster so you only have the one mana leech node but three life leech nodes.

If you want more sockets I'd recommend taking the ones by Golem's Blood and the Scion resist cluster near Sentinel.

As for the gear, you're mostly fine except for the rings. Both of them are pretty bad, low life rolls and no EDWA. Those should be priority 1 to replace. Foil could be better but it's not terrible.

That covers the key points, just comment again if you need more help or if anything is unclear.
*edit*
Last edited by NoBillag on Apr 9, 2018, 10:21:59 AM
I switched now over to Tombfist with Stygian Vise and according jewels with chance to blind.... it's pretty nice setup against bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info