[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
Tomorrowtech wrote:
In my opinion, the highest damage output is the life/mom version of the build without question...

Are there significant damage modifiers we are missing on items because they are occupied by ES rolls? In theorycrafting with PoB it seems clear that the Low-Life version has a higher DPS potential, primarily due to an extra flask slot and the Pain Attunement keystone.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

On a separate note: We won't know for sure until we see 3.6 patch notes but I'm cautiously optimistic that the build will be slightly stronger overall in 3.6. Here's hoping that miner bonuses, Arc, and Glacial Cascade don't get completely gutted.
Last edited by octeris on Feb 20, 2019, 12:55:50 PM
Yes. that would be correct. If you don't mind me asking, what are the low life ES based numbers in your Pob setup? Greater than 3 mill+ per mine (shock added)? I posted some optimized DPS above.. nothing mirrored, just decently crafted gear. At 1.5 Million Tooltip DPS 7.4k EHP. No tricks here.

You called it correctly. Simply better rolls for dps opportunities without requirements of Shavs, Chayula, or shield for example. Double corruptions, curse corruption, certain uniques, efficient dps tree, among other things are simply more viable for life based setups. Instant life flasks still have their place so i don't see that as an opportunity cost when life based setups seemingly yield higher dps potential for less and are more readily available with an instant save feature. Going abit hybrid with 1k padded es if you can seems the best choice. Of course, this is my opinion. 10k Ci builds are quite nice too.. expensive, less damage, but adequate enough and excel at deep delving. But for minmaxing dps with a decent survivability balance? Life all the way!

Now having said that, in a perfect world where mirrors are no object and double corruption plus socketed gem 700+ Es chests with spell crit are available in a 3 month league? Well then, you could be right...

2 second 6MAN Extra life corrupted phoenix kill? Check :)

Also, I'm with ya on 3.6 hopes as well. I don't find the base skill to be out of whack. As with all things POE, the right synergies and rolls and especially the plethora of benefits from the new crafting system allow many builds to shine when you put in the work. Fingers crossed as i do think the direction appears to focus on making casters more viable and scaling the equality of fallen wayside skills balanced between aoe vs up-close and personal iterations, not to mention additional auras to help out as well.
Last edited by Tomorrowtech on Feb 21, 2019, 7:52:58 AM
"
Tomorrowtech wrote:
Yes. that would be correct. If you don't mind me asking, what are the low life ES based numbers in your Pob setup? Greater than 3 mill+ per mine (shock added)? I posted some optimized DPS above.. nothing mirrored, just decently crafted gear. At 1.5 Million Tooltip DPS 7.4k EHP. No tricks here.

Sure thing.

My PoB with optimal conditions (Elemental Weakness, Frost Bomb, Shocked enemy) gives ~659k average hit on Shaper/Guardian. That's about ~1.1m against normal enemies. In-game tooltip damage is ~133k when buffed. Here's the PoB: https://pastebin.com/nP34gFsc

I'd be curious to see your PoB too, if you don't mind.

EDIT: I made edits above to remove misleading wording. Each hit of Glacial Cascade delivers the damage numbers calculated above, and GC can hit multiple times on a single enemy due to overlapping hitboxes.
Last edited by octeris on Feb 21, 2019, 7:42:16 PM
"
octeris wrote:
"
Tomorrowtech wrote:

Sure thing.

My PoB with optimal conditions (Elemental Weakness, Frost Bomb, Shocked enemy) gives ~659k average hit on Shaper/Guardian. That's about ~1.1m against normal enemies. In-game tooltip damage is ~133k when buffed. Here's the PoB: https://pastebin.com/nP34gFsc

I'd be curious to see your PoB too, if you don't mind.

EDIT: I made edits above to remove misleading wording. Each hit of Glacial Cascade delivers the damage numbers calculated above, and GC can hit multiple times on a single enemy due to overlapping hitboxes.

If you zoom in on my img you can see its 1.35 million tooltip no aurabot. About 10x yours tbh although not using hypo in this instance. I'll link Pob for you shortly as i often change the tree from an aoe focus to dps to Ehp versions. Ill send a Dps version first. I will also Pm you directly as i don't want to cause a stir. I am making a build guide for 3.6 and will finalize it after full details are released as well with a nod towards specific crafts for dps optimization. I am familiar with the GC mechanics and am simply stating numbers per mine. GC hit boxes and multiple hit potentials based on aoe or threshold jewels are for another thread. All the gear can be crafted yourself as long as you get the crafts such as multiple mods from the pale council. Yes it took a few ex of alts and and few ex of multimodding to refine, and some gear with corruptions were easy to obtain through trade quite reasonably without the es restrictions.

To summarize, with just a little skill at crafting and farming, these numbers can be achieved in the 30ex or less range depending on rng and trade opportunities. It is also utilizing both Winter jewels which could be dropped for damage life jewels at the cost of AOE. It also has damage not shown at all in POB such as increased crit multi around a nearby rare enemy crafts. It rivals or beats mirrored setups and may just in fact be the highest dps of any build in leagues without mirrored gear outside of the "i have 73 minions doing millions of dps" shinanigans.

UPDATE: Sent you a decent DPS Pob. Abyss jewels and a few other items could still be optimized abit more. Close to 3.5M per GC buffed. There are other setups that switch belt, ring, and chest for more speed, more aoe, more life, and comparable dps. 5.2k life, 600es, 1750 mana. 7.5k ehp roughly currently. This is a fair and balanced setup. If you wanted to go with glass cannon sillyness, over 4m per GC hit buffed is achievable at the cost of getting one-shotted but i certainly wouldn't advise it. The huge AOE version with Corrupted carcass jack and a higher life belt/ring hitting 8k ehp comes just under 3m per gc but has 2 frenzy charges minimum for faster clear/2 screen Aoe with minefield. It really all depends on the flavor of the day as i'll use one for boss killing services and the other when farming or supporting large parties.

(Also, on a side note, based on your dps numbers, your actual shock effectiveness is weak based on lightning damage and is therefore inflated by Pob. This is also a large factor in actual determiniations. When you raise your dps with lightning (no yoke needed) upwards of 800k+ a hit. You actually do get the fully weighted effect so realistically you should drop the 50 percent multi from shock on shaper and add maybe 5 to 10 percent to surmise your truly buffed numbers based on your linked pob.) At the end of the day I hope you can see why i think the life based version of the build has the real dps potential. Thanks for inquiring mate. GL HF
Last edited by Tomorrowtech on Feb 22, 2019, 5:46:23 PM
Spoiler
"
Tomorrowtech wrote:
If you zoom in on my img you can see its 1.35 million tooltip no aurabot. About 10x yours tbh although not using hypo in this instance. I'll link Pob for you shortly as i often change the tree from an aoe focus to dps to Ehp versions. Ill send a Dps version first. I will also Pm you directly as i don't want to cause a stir. I am making a build guide for 3.6 and will finalize it after full details are released as well with a nod towards specific crafts for dps optimization. I am familiar with the GC mechanics and am simply stating numbers per mine. GC hit boxes and multiple hit potentials based on aoe or threshold jewels are for another thread. All the gear can be crafted yourself as long as you get the crafts such as multiple mods from the pale council. Yes it took a few ex of alts and and few ex of multimodding to refine, and some gear with corruptions were easy to obtain through trade quite reasonably without the es restrictions.

To summarize, with just a little skill at crafting and farming, these numbers can be achieved in the 30ex or less range depending on rng and trade opportunities. It is also utilizing both Winter jewels which could be dropped for damage life jewels at the cost of AOE. It also has damage not shown at all in POB such as increased crit multi around a nearby rare enemy crafts. It rivals or beats mirrored setups and may just in fact be the highest dps of any build in leagues without mirrored gear outside of the "i have 73 minions doing millions of dps" shinanigans.

UPDATE: Sent you a decent DPS Pob. Abyss jewels and a few other items could still be optimized abit more. Close to 3.5M per GC buffed. There are other setups that switch belt, ring, and chest for more speed, more aoe, more life, and comparable dps. 5.2k life, 600es, 1750 mana. 7.5k ehp roughly currently. This is a fair and balanced setup. If you wanted to go with glass cannon sillyness, over 4m per GC hit buffed is achievable at the cost of getting one-shotted but i certainly wouldn't advise it. The huge AOE version with Corrupted carcass jack and a higher life belt/ring hitting 8k ehp comes just under 3m per gc but has 2 frenzy charges minimum for faster clear/2 screen Aoe with minefield. It really all depends on the flavor of the day as i'll use one for boss killing services and the other when farming or supporting large parties.

(Also, on a side note, based on your dps numbers, your actual shock effectiveness is weak based on lightning damage and is therefore inflated by Pob. This is also a large factor in actual determiniations. When you raise your dps with lightning (no yoke needed) upwards of 800k+ a hit. You actually do get the fully weighted effect so realistically you should drop the 50 percent multi from shock on shaper and add maybe 5 to 10 percent to surmise your truly buffed numbers based on your linked pob.) At the end of the day I hope you can see why i think the life based version of the build has the real dps potential. Thanks for inquiring mate. GL HF
I wanted to say that I was not trying to correct your understanding of the GC mechanics. I'm very sorry if that upset you at all. My edits were to my own remarks only. Thanks again for your help on the build!

Thanks for the side notes about shock effectiveness as well. I'm going to read up on that more to understand it properly and how it affects damage calculation.

All in all, thanks. :)
Last edited by octeris on Feb 25, 2019, 10:12:53 PM
You didn't mate. I apologize if my post seemed condescending or irritated. That was not intended. I was just trying to bullet the gap difference between the setups and was not trying to come off as arrogant. I have loved lots of Poe builds with miner being my favorite since 1.3 discharge days and 2.4 Coc.

With the advent of instants skills being added, to include mine detonation, the "clunkyness" of mining has gone to the wayside. I have done at least 1 miner character the last 4 leagues from LL to CI and have simply found, for me at least, the best combination of damage and survive-ability in a Life based version (unless you are planning a deep delver, then you need a ci build, no question).

I am happy to share any insights and will be going forward with an updated guide after more 3.6 details are released. Thanks for your interest mate.. May RNG be with you!
Last edited by Tomorrowtech on Feb 25, 2019, 8:51:43 PM
Last edited by Chouuby on Feb 27, 2019, 9:47:43 PM
"
You didn't mate. I apologize if my post seemed condescending or irritated. That was not intended. I was just trying to bullet the gap difference between the setups and was not trying to come off as arrogant. I have loved lots of Poe builds with miner being my favorite since 1.3 discharge days and 2.4 Coc.

With the advent of instants skills being added, to include mine detonation, the "clunkyness" of mining has gone to the wayside. I have done at least 1 miner character the last 4 leagues from LL to CI and have simply found, for me at least, the best combination of damage and survive-ability in a Life based version (unless you are planning a deep delver, then you need a ci build, no question).

I am happy to share any insights and will be going forward with an updated guide after more 3.6 details are released. Thanks for your interest mate.. May RNG be with you!

Thanks for all your help! Extremely happy :)

Last edited by lman12 on Feb 28, 2019, 8:06:12 AM
To be honest, I respect TomorrowTech, He was the one who helped me build a strong character.I have been played with him many times and gained some knowledge along the way. After all, I could enjoy more of playing this game, and will continue in next league.
After working with tomorrowtech today, he helped me fine-tune some items and gear with specific crafts to get the maximum damage possible with 7k life/mind over matter. Thanking windz for the start and tomorrowtech for the finish. 3 power charges, 3 frenzy charges, and buffs. Looking forward to your build guide next league my friend.

Last edited by lman12 on Mar 1, 2019, 1:48:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info