[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
Mirchea wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

I was running quicksilver at the time. PS/VPS is neat but the former doesn't shotgun or overlap, though, dual shimmeron and PS is some mad good multi bonuses.

The reworked version:

Since we get power charges with Blast Cascade, the buff should be on almost all the time. And as you said, it should be fairly op with shimmerons.

There is a bit of an issue with PS/VPS, it's an "attack", we usually scale spell damage, KB is an exception cuz of mad overlapping explosions but PS, I'm unsure if it's going to cut it, but hey, I'm gonna try that shit too cuz the VFX rework made that shit look dope as.

Edit: Now, if only those projectiles could shotgun or hit the same target more than once, I would change to KB mines + PS/VPS in a blink of an eye, sadly, it doesn't and barrage is still the shit for single target and it's pretty fkn annoying to use on bosses if you want to scale proj, mines and attack damage instead. Though, big thing to note is Bear trap might make it a whole lot easier to burn bosses down with Barrage Mines this league :)

See, too many options, not enough currency to try them all.
Last edited by ShadowGenisys on May 30, 2018, 10:20:43 AM
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

There is a bit of an issue with PS/VPS, it's an "attack", we usually scale spell damage, KB is an exception cuz of mad overlapping explosions but PS, I'm unsure if it's going to cut it.

Fair point.

"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Now, if only those projectiles could shotgun or hit the same target more than once, I would change to KB mines + PS/VPS in a blink of an eye, sadly, it doesn't and barrage is still the shit for single target and it's pretty fkn annoying to use on bosses if you want to scale proj, mines and attack damage instead. Though, big thing to note is Bear trap might make it a whole lot easier to burn bosses down with Barrage Mines this league :)

If you use GMP with the new version, wouldn't the projectiles be close enough to hit the same target? And, I'm not too familiar with bear trap or traps generally speaking. How would that work exactly and with which gems?

Also, are you going to start with a shadow or a scion?
Last edited by Mirchea on May 30, 2018, 10:32:23 AM
"
Mirchea wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

There is a bit of an issue with PS/VPS, it's an "attack", we usually scale spell damage, KB is an exception cuz of mad overlapping explosions but PS, I'm unsure if it's going to cut it.

Fair point.

"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Now, if only those projectiles could shotgun or hit the same target more than once, I would change to KB mines + PS/VPS in a blink of an eye, sadly, it doesn't and barrage is still the shit for single target and it's pretty fkn annoying to use on bosses if you want to scale proj, mines and attack damage instead. Though, big thing to note is Bear trap might make it a whole lot easier to burn bosses down with Barrage Mines this league :)

If you use GMP with the new version, wouldn't the projectiles be close enough to hit the same target? And, I'm not too familiar with bear trap or traps generally speaking. How would that work exactly and with which gems?

Also, are you going to start with a shadow or a scion?

Shadow into Saboteur is the safe bet.

Though, being a min-maxer Scion opens a lot of variation such as LL (if you're into that) though, with that new unique belt leaked a few weeks ago, we might not even need to go that route, but elementalist for beacon of ruin for guaranteed shock + effectiveness might be nice for people sticking around with arc mines :)

With the changes to Sabo's mini nodes and shadow passive tree in general, it might be a pain in the ass to map with a Scion version, the main issue people might encounter is mine's clunkiness from not having enough mine recovery or instant detonation. For a pure boss killer, yeah sure thing, Scion would probably be where I'd go, for carries and such in 3.2 but Saboteur can do that as well w/o suffering from mine laying issues/speed-

In 3.3 and it's addition of a crap ton of new stuff to toy around with as well, like that new belt which makes your toon count as LL w/o being LL + dertermination/hatred watcher's eye to counter it's negative effect allows for some interesting gearing choices like brightbeak for perma onslaught and global damage increase.

Also about GMP + PS, Pretty sure BEX mentioned that the projectiles can't hit the same target once as it fans out in a 180 degree angle and auto targets. Though, if it can shotgun, it'd be pretty neat to use.

Edit: Bear Trap- Slows bosses like nobody's business- works with increased duration, etc, etc and have a strong slow with a reducing effect, much like how chill works, where enemies would gradually get back to normal speed, the initial slow from the video was used against Phoenix and the punk slowed down close to a crawl which simply means for Barrage miners= mad dps, esp if they can burst the crap out of bosses, it does a ton of damage but requires the target to be like close/almost on top of the mines for mad burst damage which is pretty annoying to get done when shit's going too fast. <---- Yeah, I've tried that in 3.2 too.

Edit 2: Oh, it also make enemies take increased damage from traps and mines.
Last edited by ShadowGenisys on May 30, 2018, 11:52:01 AM
btw, since no fire trap for us early. What do we go as lvling 1-12?
SSF viable?
Sorry if has been asked, didn't find the right answer.
Is it possible to SSF this build?

Very thank you.
playing this build in ssf is very possible, but they added around 40 new lab enchants which makes getting the gc head enchant even more impossible in SSF.

you might have to do some pob'ing to figure out optimal gem setups without the additional conversion
What about early leveling now that fire trap is gone?
What do you think will be stronger in 3.3: arc mines or GC mines? I want to play one for my league starter but I'm not sure which.
"
What about early leveling now that fire trap is gone?

maybe go explosive trap?
So Windz what should our Arc links be in the helm? Arc, Trap and Mine dmg, Remote mine and Minefield or Inc Crits?

And also, which gems do you reckon we should level with?
Last edited by AbdulJafreeze on May 30, 2018, 8:10:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info