[3.2] BUFFED "Chin Sol Trapnel Shot" - 10c Budget, farm Atziri/Uber Lab/High Maps

"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Sageone wrote:
I blind them with Born in the Shadows (Saboteur node). Nearby are blinded and traps blind on hit with 25% chance. Effigon provides 100% chance to hit on blind enemies which raises DPS a lot. I guess I will have to go with Signal Fire (which isn't bad at all).

In this case, I would get resists from: helmet, belt, boots, 1 ring - other I want to use Essence worm.

Amulet (Effigon), bow (Chin Sol), quiver (Signal Fire), gloves (I want to use 2 socket Tombfist), chest (looking at 3 options: Tinkerskin, Kaom's, QotF) and Essence Worm are the uniques I would use.

Ah, I forgot about that. I may have to try that later. I have 86% right now.

Tinker is still leaning on me since it opens the chance for 100% mana reserved. Wrath, Herald, and Arctic. And it should allow you to do no regen maps. Making all maps possible..? Kaom's huge HP would help a ton, but then you can't run 6L BR and SS.

There are gloves that can be pseudo 6-Links. Koams would help but I feel like Tinkerskin provides Defense through Offense (heals and mana reservation and constant phase running).
"
Sageone wrote:
There are gloves that can be pseudo 6-Links. Koams would help but I feel like Tinkerskin provides Defense through Offense (heals and mana reservation and constant phase running).

I am interested to see where you end up taking the build. Keep me posted please.

I just hit 84 last night, lab first try with 3.6k hp and 7.6k dps. Tinker 5L, Effigon, conversion Shrapnel enchant, and 90% crit enchant boots. Next upgrades are Signal Fire, flasks, hp/dmg jewel, and maybe 5L bow for BR or other AoE skill.

*edit* Blackgleam to Corrupted Signal Fire boosted me from 7.6 to 9.3k dps
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jun 8, 2018, 9:05:15 AM
hey wanted to say I'm playing this in 3.3 and I've not really felt the 30% nerf to the trap support. Damage has felt pretty strong, but I'm only a filthy casual and I am in early maping. Still feels a bit glass cannon but I'm having a ton of fun! Still like this build!
Hello,

I decided to make this build, and I created something. I'd like to ask you guys, to have a look at it and please tell me if I did something wrong. Example, if I pick some skill nodes, but the build wont benefit from it. Or if I choose a wrong gear or anything you spot it and can makes this build better.
You can see, I linked lightning penetration to the Shrapnel Shot and Barrage, but in game I don't have like that and the reason is, because otherwise the PoB wont calculate into the DPS.

https://pastebin.com/A4VBTmk2

I have a few question too:

1, If I allocate the Piercing Shots passive nodes, this trap build could benefit from it, or will ignore the pierce +2 targets?

2, Why the Barrage damage show only 128K? It's only ~18% of the Shrapnel Shot damage!

3, The best boots enchantment is the flat 1-160 lightning damage?

4, The best helm enchantment is the increased Barrage damage?

5, Using Concentrated Effect with Shrapnel Shot in game don't increase the DPS (at least I don't see anywhere) but in PoB show me DPS get buffed. So which one is right?

Thank you!
"
szmegma wrote:
Hello,

I decided to make this build, and I created something. I'd like to ask you guys, to have a look at it and please tell me if I did something wrong. Example, if I pick some skill nodes, but the build wont benefit from it. Or if I choose a wrong gear or anything you spot it and can makes this build better.
You can see, I linked lightning penetration to the Shrapnel Shot and Barrage, but in game I don't have like that and the reason is, because otherwise the PoB wont calculate into the DPS.

https://pastebin.com/A4VBTmk2

I have a few question too:

1, If I allocate the Piercing Shots passive nodes, this trap build could benefit from it, or will ignore the pierce +2 targets?

2, Why the Barrage damage show only 128K? It's only ~18% of the Shrapnel Shot damage!

3, The best boots enchantment is the flat 1-160 lightning damage?

4, The best helm enchantment is the increased Barrage damage?

5, Using Concentrated Effect with Shrapnel Shot in game don't increase the DPS (at least I don't see anywhere) but in PoB show me DPS get buffed. So which one is right?

Thank you!

1. Shrapnel already does 7 pierces; other skills like Tornado sure would.
2. Barrage damage depends on number projectiles, PoE tooltip shows DPS only for 1.
3. 10% pen or 120% crit work too, depends on number of flat damage from abyss jewels.
4. +1 Barrage Proj.
5. CE isn't the best support for Shrapnel: it boosts the cone (which is 2/3 of its damage) by 54% more, but doesn't boost the arrow part (which is 1/3). Which means it boosts overall damage by 36%.
You can't really shock/freeze fat bosses, so picking Ele Focus is better.

Game shows only arrow portion for Shrapnel, and single projectile DPS (not average hit) for Barrage.
Last edited by KRIGSSVIN on Jun 12, 2018, 5:50:13 PM
"
KRIGSSVIN wrote:
1. Shrapnel already does 7 pierces; other skills like Tornado sure would.
2. Barrage damage depends on number projectiles, PoE tooltip shows DPS only for 1.
3. 10% pen or 120% crit work too, depends on number of flat damage from abyss jewels.
4. +1 Barrage Proj.
5. CE isn't the best support for Shrapnel: it boosts the cone (which is 2/3 of its damage) by 54% more, but doesn't boost the arrow part (which is 1/3). Which means it boosts overall damage by 36%.
You can't really shock/freeze fat bosses, so picking Ele Focus is better.

Game shows only arrow portion for Shrapnel, and single projectile DPS (not average hit) for Barrage.

Thanks for reply. I think using shrapnel for single target is the best option.
any1 knows of a 3.3 for this?
ign: pikachu_i_choose_you
"
kudaranai wrote:
any1 knows of a 3.3 for this?

Have a look at my build: https://pastebin.com/X5aZAQas

DPS calculated for 1 trap, but you throw 4 traps at once.
This showing the stats on level 100 with all buff on:
Last edited by szmegma on Jun 23, 2018, 12:27:49 PM
"
why yer build has 7 gems in bow?

Because the max lvl lightning penetration (apply by orb of storms) not counted in the DPS, if I don't add to the shrapnel shot links.
That's the only way the get the real DPS.
"
szmegma wrote:
"
why yer build has 7 gems in bow?

Because the max lvl lightning penetration (apply by orb of storms) not counted in the DPS, if I don't add to the shrapnel shot links.
That's the only way the get the real DPS.

are you saying your orb of storms is somehow applying lightning penetration to your shrapnel shot? it doesn't work like that btw. the lightning pen needs to be in the links of your shrapnel shot. orb of storms usually only used for applying curses, elemental overload, and elemental equilibrium.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info