[3.2] BUFFED "Chin Sol Trapnel Shot" - 10c Budget, farm Atziri/Uber Lab/High Maps

"
Songweaver wrote:

Look, Tinkerskin will probably be situational, and used mainly for EB trapper builds.
You receive measly healing, 100 life for one cluster of traps, which is not bad, but it's meh at the same time, since you regen for enough if you're Sabo or Blondie.

AFAIK, that is incorrect.

You get 100 Life per Trap triggered by an enemy. So, at the time the traps are armed, every trap with an enemy in its radius gets triggered, and AFTER that, chain reaction kicks in.

That is the only way that explains the massive charge gain of this build.
I ended up doing this build in the races... it was tuff with the cooldown and all the spawning but definitely loved the build and learned a few things that I think would help me knowledge wise when I start the new league here this Friday. I ended up getting the sunblast belt and tinkerskin plus the trap boots, at the point where I got tinkerskin the main reason for getting it was for the health regen and movability, the trap cooldown at that time had no effect. The health regen is insane and i think people underplay it, but i say give it a try then make a decision.

You did point out a few things with this that I think GGG/PoE should look at and that's the cooldowns on the trap unique gear... should the cooldowns on them be removed and changed out with something different?

This is also pre consumption and in the end we might need that cooldown after all... only time will tell ;D.
"
SilencerX21 wrote:
"
Songweaver wrote:

Look, Tinkerskin will probably be situational, and used mainly for EB trapper builds.
You receive measly healing, 100 life for one cluster of traps, which is not bad, but it's meh at the same time, since you regen for enough if you're Sabo or Blondie.

AFAIK, that is incorrect.

You get 100 Life per Trap triggered by an enemy. So, at the time the traps are armed, every trap with an enemy in its radius gets triggered, and AFTER that, chain reaction kicks in.

That is the only way that explains the massive charge gain of this build.

If your Trigger radius is big enough it works well. Before 3.3 this was a problem. Chain reaction usually made most triggers. But now you get easy 100%+ Trigger aoe from skilltree. This AND the regen from Pyromaniac will give us some insane regen. Cant wait to test it.
Around level 90, what amount of HP can one get using this build?
"
Sageone wrote:

OP was at 4k on budget. I would guess around 4.5-5k with some tree and gear optimization ($?) like rare boots, HP jewels, Abyss belt with HP jewel, etc. Go even higher for boss farm if you want to do Belly or Kaom's ($$$).
"
Sageone wrote:

Depends on many factors. You can grab more life on tree instead of dmg. Balancing res will also be a question. This is the tree i will use later:

https://pastebin.com/xr5gzjTk

Should end up at 4.8k
"
Sageone wrote:

If you don't make high life gear health will end up to 3.2k to 4.2k, and actrully this build with high health can't save you a lot as you need evasion and dodge mostly.

When you deal with high tier map boss they can one shot you very easily and you may waste your portal if your map has extra elemental damage, boss damage increase and curse.

No need to care too much on health(I don't think you can play this in hardcore), this build is a kind of glass cannon.

Oh yes this is my character in POB formet: https://pastebin.com/md8i2NvC
Last edited by DarkSol_XxouoxX on Jun 1, 2018, 10:13:34 AM
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Sageone wrote:

OP was at 4k on budget. I would guess around 4.5-5k with some tree and gear optimization ($?) like rare boots, HP jewels, Abyss belt with HP jewel, etc. Go even higher for boss farm if you want to do Belly or Kaom's ($$$).

This build cannot use Belly in the Beast or Kaom's heart and it can only use Tinkerskin for maximum using mana for aura and herald of thunder for damage, as well as using EB to solve mana shortage when you throw traps.
"
This build cannot use Belly in the Beast or Kaom's heart and it can only use Tinkerskin for maximum using mana for aura and herald of thunder for damage, as well as using EB to solve mana shortage when you throw traps.

Fair point, keep forgetting you can't leech with traps. Would need something else to make up for it.

Also, was overlooking your Pastebin and found a few upgrades you might be interested in. I may follow something similar, but we'll see what happens.
https://pastebin.com/2gLeuiK3

Traded 5 points around EB for a connection to get Nullification, eva, resists, ES for 1 less point to get +30 INT. Then traded the trap throw speed next to Sab to get Fury Bolts for accuracy and dmg. Same points as your current build.

You can also trade Heavy Draw for more damage, crit chance, and some other stuff that added another 1.3k avg dmg with the Devastating Device wheel (not used in link above).
Just a word to people new to the game leveling traps with this new league mechanic is a pain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info