[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

You have to cast the totem youself. He just needs a socket for it. ^^
Hope somebody can help me out with the mechanics of the prefix "adds # to # fire damage" on a weapon. Would that apply to attacks or spells, or would EE still proc with shield charge/orb of storms?
Cheers
Last edited by Gernhart_Reinholzen on Aug 24, 2017, 3:29:02 AM
"
Hope somebody can help me out with the mechanics of the prefix "adds # to # fire damage" on a weapon. Would that apply to attacks or spells, or would EE still proc with shield charge/orb of storms?
Cheers

It will add to attacks, which includes shield charge (since it has the attack tag).

Since you will be shield charging and orb of storming a lot (i know i am) you cannot have any source of added fire damage.
Having a blast right now with this build. Really smooth gameplay and nice sustain. Sitting at 6k hp and 2,3k mana at the moment. Reached red maps yesterday and it feels really good, just curious what i should upgrade next. Was thinking about essence crafting helmet and gloves, but had no luck finding them.
This is my gear right now:

Any advice on how to improve is appreciated. Compared my DOT Dps with uberdan's Shaper build and i nearly got half the DPS and i cant understand why. Thanks!
Last edited by Infernus2k on Aug 24, 2017, 5:53:05 AM
the essences in question are basically an exalt a pop last time i checked . using them kind of breaks the whole budget aspect of the build. that being said usually you roll which ever base has less resists on it currently

for example if you have a shit helm . get the elemental essence and roll a helm
if you have shit gloves get the dot essence to roll the gloves and expect the resulting rare to be total garbage .

in your case it looks like your helmet is the weak link since it has a fire resistance roll and a meh life roll.

buy a helm with a good enchant for sorching ray hope your first essence craft isnt a bust
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 24, 2017, 10:18:00 AM
"
Infernus2k wrote:

Any advice on how to improve is appreciated. Compared my DOT Dps with uberdan's Shaper build and i nearly got half the DPS and i cant understand why. Thanks!

The dan variation uses 2 curses (flamm + witchbrew with +1 curse ammy/4nodes) + inc radius/damage nodes + conc effect gem.
This gives a lot more dps on RF while still maintaining a nice radius (3-4 radius less with conc) compared to the general endgame tree.

Haven't imported your gear but the dual curse is probably the main reason

ign: ropefly
Thanks for the great guide. Started this as my second build of the league, it's really fun so far, farming yellow maps very comfortably. Looking forward to see how it does on end game maps.

I have one question: Which gems should I quality first?
Last edited by epiy0 on Aug 24, 2017, 11:31:23 AM
Would love a gear/sanity check.

Currently I'm level 84, and at least as far as I understand I've got some pretty good items, netting me ~6450 life and ~1450 usable mana. But my DoT damage for SR in Path of Building was, at the first stage, 63944, which, from some other profiles I loaded up, seemed kinda on the low end.

So I did some "upgrading". Got a pretty good Marble Amulet with +25% spell and +25% fire damage, and a helmet with the +40% SR damage enchantment. Had to change some other things around to get enough Dexterity, but the only thing I think is actually worse(other than the helmet, of course) is my Coral Ring. But whatever, I thought it'd be worth it for the increased damage.

Thing is, I loaded up my character on PoB and the difference wasn't that big, which surprised me. I spend a bunch of chaos to get a 8759 increase in SR DoT, which honestly doesn't feel like much. RF damage went down because of my total life, which is with the new items at 6132, with only 1260 unreserved mana. I don't know, might be going kinda crazy over this, but the smaller mana pool for MoM seemed quite noticeable on the few maps I ran with the setup(tier 12-14).

The trade-off doesn't seem very good, as I didn't gain much damage but lost a lot of survivability. I might be completely wrong, or not understanding how the SR damage is calculated, or even underestimating my dps numbers. But I'd like to know what you guys think, and most importantly, what can I still upgrade to improve damage? Is it just a question of min maxing at this point? Getting all lvl20/20qual gems and better(incredibly expensive) jewels?

Original setup:
Spoiler

New items:
Spoiler

Additionally, I've got 3 jewels:
1) +15% fire damage, +7% life, +12% crit multi(trash)
2) +17% burning damage, +6% life, +6% attack speed with shields
3) +12% damage over time, +6% life, +18% burning damage

I'm also running a Witchfire Brew with 40% increased damage(best roll).
Last edited by Willowfield on Aug 24, 2017, 9:35:39 PM
"
spend a bunch of chaos to get a 8759 increase in SR DoT,

Is that a 8789 inceases on stage 8 or stage 1 ? because each stage adds 60% more damage so the difference will be quite huge if you are comparing to stage one.

If you compare other builds their damage make sure the configuration is the same:
- "been hit by cold dmg" for EE damage
- curses + checkboxing the witchbrew flask
These difference make the numbers fly a lot

In terms of defences I would go for an essence worm as it adds a lot of mana (1 mana = 1 hp)

ign: ropefly
I love this build so much. Thank you for making the guide.

What would be BIS for armour end game? Would it be worth investing in a belly of the beast?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info