[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
trouba wrote:
"
Isav wrote:
However, I can't see my totem dmg. Can you please tell me how to see my totem dps?

You cannot, at least in the game. But you can import your char into Path of Building and check the DPS there.

Thank you very much. I didn't know about this before
"
marsupielago wrote:
Hey Milky, first of all, thanks for a nice guide.

This is my equip currently. How would you improve it? I have two crafts available for boots and gauntlets, should I improve further the elemental resistances? Currently I am 80/76/77 with no charges

y need resists 91\90\90
change shield on Tukohama's Fortress Ebony Tower Shield
take 6l soulmantle and use scour ray with mantle
take kaom roots boot
take helm with need r4esist life +100 and chaos resist
perfect enchant on helm 12% increased Righteous Fire Area of Effect

take amulet +1 curse and use with him Witchfire Brew Stibnite Flask
"
101zombi101 wrote:

y need resists 91\90\90
take kaom roots boot

Kaom's Roots boots seems like a good idea actually, but I have to give up a slot on Armor for scorching ray or not use it at all.
How necessary is Scorching Ray? I think it's doing half the damage of my RF totem
"
"
101zombi101 wrote:

y need resists 91\90\90
take kaom roots boot

Kaom's Roots boots seems like a good idea actually, but I have to give up a slot on Armor for scorching ray or not use it at all.
How necessary is Scorching Ray? I think it's doing half the damage of my RF totem

i got just 1 kaoms roots for 9 chaos +198 life its give me total near 500 hp

look all y need its soul mantle 6 socets +5 link in 6 not linced socked y place scour ray

uts give y spell totem 20 lv + scour ray

y lose its scour ray damage near 30% but y stel have scour ray debuff

scour ray its not for map clear or demage its only debuff for single target like boss
Just want to say how mandatory and necessary that CWDT + Immortal Call setup is. I went from dying frequently with massive damage spikes to not dying at all once I switched them in. So if you have survivability issues, make sure you get that setup going.
"
101zombi101 wrote:
"
Deadnau5 wrote:
Hey.

I am a new player, and your guide really helped me. I am level 60 now and I have zero problems progressing. But something, that I not quite understand, is bloodmagic. How does it help us? Would you please explain it a bit further.

Thanks in advance.

read Milkyslice first post

"
I recently changed the guide from Mind over Matter to Bloodmagic. Like i mentioned earlier in the Guide, i was never sure how well it MoM performs on this build in maps, because i couldn´t test it earlier. So use your respeccpoints from quests and go for Bloodmagic ;)

The reason for that is:

- It felt super clunky
- Needed Clarity and a Manaflask, With BM we have a "free" flask and gemslot
- No regneration was literally impossible, with BM its annoying but doable
- It didn´t have a huge impact
- It was dangerous when mana hit zero and we were unable to use most skills, especially a warcry to heal up again.

Thanks for the Feedback about this topic"

That is what i meant. I dont quite understand what this means. So with bloodmagic we have more life regen? why? Do i need a specific threshold to hp or life regen for it to work? Or do the 4 skillpoints (Bloodmagic, Mortal Conviction and 2 life nodes) suffice?
Last edited by Deadnau5 on Aug 11, 2017, 5:42:11 PM
"
Deadnau5 wrote:
"
101zombi101 wrote:
"
Deadnau5 wrote:
Hey.

I am a new player, and your guide really helped me. I am level 60 now and I have zero problems progressing. But something, that I not quite understand, is bloodmagic. How does it help us? Would you please explain it a bit further.

Thanks in advance.

read Milkyslice first post

"
I recently changed the guide from Mind over Matter to Bloodmagic. Like i mentioned earlier in the Guide, i was never sure how well it MoM performs on this build in maps, because i couldn´t test it earlier. So use your respeccpoints from quests and go for Bloodmagic ;)

The reason for that is:

- It felt super clunky
- Needed Clarity and a Manaflask, With BM we have a "free" flask and gemslot
- No regneration was literally impossible, with BM its annoying but doable
- It didn´t have a huge impact
- It was dangerous when mana hit zero and we were unable to use most skills, especially a warcry to heal up again.

Thanks for the Feedback about this topic"

That is what i meant. I dont quite understand what this means. So with bloodmagic we have more life regen? why? Do i need a specific threshold to hp or life regen for it to work? Or do the 4 skillpoints (Bloodmagic, Mortal Conviction and 2 life nodes) suffice?

MoM = SHIT when y have BIG hit y mana pool = zero and y can iven use war cry

and yes with Bm y have more life and more survivability
y have free flask slot

y have nodes on tree for life regen y have a lot of hp y have golem wot give y more hp regen
abnd finaly y have enduring cry wot give y every 2 sec instant heal
and y have enduring cry increased cwdt+immortal call increased duration

final BM = no mana no mana flask more life more hp regen and fre slot y dont need mana aura

PS just remove only 4 points MoM and take 4 points BM Quick Recovery nodes leave intack y need this for life and hp regen
Last edited by 101zombi101 on Aug 11, 2017, 5:59:13 PM
Hey Milky, great guide, i'm level 85 now and i'm loving it, one question, on your current char for Harb you are using the Forbidden Taste Quartz Flask as your HP flask, I get that you are probably testing it but what is the reasoning behind using it over a standard health flask with other bonuses? are you using the flask then using Enduring Cry to counter the chaos damage taken?
"
Hey Milky, great guide, i'm level 85 now and i'm loving it, one question, on your current char for Harb you are using the Forbidden Taste Quartz Flask as your HP flask, I get that you are probably testing it but what is the reasoning behind using it over a standard health flask with other bonuses? are you using the flask then using Enduring Cry to counter the chaos damage taken?

A normal instant flask recovers around 1000hp, a forbidden taste basically as much as your healthpool has. For a emergency flask there is nothing better.

The degen afterwards is not problematic if it allowed you to survive ;)
Hp regen, chaos resists and enduring cry countet that more than enough. Its not like the degen can kill us.

"
Is it a good idea to still go Bloodmagic if we do not have a Tukohama's?

Yes. 35% life for 4 points on a build that doesn't benefit from offensive auras and is starved on sockets.

You can also not use BM, add some funny auras/blasphemy and deal with no cwdt setup/other setups, which will bring often more problems than it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
since we are no longer using mind over matter is the instructions on the right side of the skill tree image still relevant?

i.e. for example points in Quick Recovery (as it is life and mana regen)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info