[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Hello

I've startes using rf totem when I reached act4 and it's incredibe. This build is great. I killed Malachai last night and with crapy yellow scepters he simply melt away. However, I can't see my totem dmg. Can you please tell me how to see my totem dps?

I apologize if this is a noob question or if it was already answered but I couldn't find it.
Thank you in advance
"
Isav wrote:
However, I can't see my totem dmg. Can you please tell me how to see my totem dps?

You cannot, at least in the game. But you can import your char into Path of Building and check the DPS there.
- TroubiCZ

Milkyslice why y now use scour ray with out totem?

wot sense use manual and not cast totems?
Thanks Milky for the guide. With this guide and all the other RF guides you guys made RF items worth soo much. Thank you again. Iv never had 15+ ex this early at the start of the league.

Guide is great though and informative, just the build is boring af, also hopefully you switched to the lightning warp variant rather than the shield charge.
"
101zombi101 wrote:

Milkyslice why y now use scour ray with out totem?

wot sense use manual and not cast totems?

i test different things
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
I also want to thank you for this great build. It is really awesome and my favourite build so far in poe. I am leveling my second char with it right now.

I am also testing alot of things and different paths to take with both path of building and ingame. The biggest difference for me is the Totemic zeal node. It makes the playstyle much more fluent and it adds to the clearspeed quite a lot.

The node also interact with the soul mantle combo quite nicely. Placing totem faster means more self courses on you. I am playing quite reckless to clear maps fast and this node has been the biggest improvement for me.

It means a bit less damage and/or life but i feel the self course damage increase coupled with faster movement cancels it out.

Have you tested this node Milkyslice?
Last edited by Cryton1000 on Aug 11, 2017, 9:53:39 AM
"
Cryton1000 wrote:
I also want to thank you for this great build. It is really awesome and my favourite build so far in poe. I am leveling my second char with it right now.

I am also testing alot of things and different paths to take with both path of building and ingame. The biggest difference for me is the Totemic zeal node. It makes the playstyle much more fluent and it adds to the clearspeed quite a lot.

The node also interact with the soul mantle combo quite nicely. Placing totem faster means more self courses on you. I am playing quite reckless to clear maps fast and this node has been the biggest improvement for me.

It means a bit less damage and/or life but i feel the self course damage increase coupled with faster movement cancels it out.

Have you tested this node Milkyslice?

I did, but its only really pickable after lvl 85, earlier we have other great nodes. For mapping it feels definetly better with it, for bossing other nodes are better.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Cryton1000 wrote:

outher way totemic zeal cost 4 points

y can take for 4 points wisperer of doom and have 2 curses on orb os storms
if y take amulet +1 cuses and Witchfire Brew Stibnite Flask

y have 3 curses in one moment

totemic zeal or 3 cursers
I can't see swift affliction support linked to my gem . please help.
"

I can't see swift affliction support linked to my gem . please help.

This is from the guide on the first page:

"
Swift Affliction and Righteous Fire

Many players get confused or don´t understand the Swift Affliction interaction with RF.

Normally RD does not work with RF if you use it with your character.
RF damage is a degeneration effect, but has no duration. You turn it on or off (ignite removal, 1hp or death).

Linked with a spelltotem it works.
The reason is: Spelltotem support has a Duration and Totem ´tag´ in the tooltip which are now combined with RF.

Both together create a skill that places a totem which casts RF (degeneration) over a duration (over time) of 8 seconds (+/- with duration nodes and Swift Affliction). It´s now a DoT..

It works for the same reason Totem Damage increases the RF damage when its on a spelltotem or trap damage increases the damage of a skill with the trap support. Some Supportgem or Threshold Jewels grant new Tags to a skill which let you support the skill with new stuff that originally didn´t work.

This is also why it seems like it is not linked but it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info