[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
sxowe wrote:
I assume the SR non-stack bug is still not fixed? GGG Take My Energy!

sadly not, but its not really noticable for anything til t15

"
Does cast speed affect the delay inbetween totem placement and skill activation of RF?

yes a bit
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
lvl 86 atm, still need a few upgrades ;)

Flasks are still mediocre and the boots, belt and gloves in particular need some love

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAN1A5oEUQSzCPQLYRDMES0SaRZvFxwYPBhWGGoaOBzcHRQfGCGwJKonLyj6KyYrtiycLpQ09zWSNuk6FjpYOtg64TwtQYdDyEWdSU9N408EUftTUlXGVkhYB1htWOVboF5dXwRfKmQzZlRmnmhaaPJqQ3F5dFV4L3wOfIN85YKbgseDX4PMg9uFMoV7hoKMRo8aj0aQVZctl4WYrZo7muCboZ1jna6f36IAplenCKdVp5SsmK9stz64k7yqvOq9J8MTxq7NFtH92CTYveFz42rr7uw473zwH_Fs8kX31_iT-d356PrS_gr-jw==?accountName=Milkyslice&characterName=RFTotemsAndSRTotems

Since the last post i started working on items that won't change anyway first. hrimnor's resolve with good rolls, a 5l soulmantle and the jewels in particular. Got one dot dmg, life and res jewel rdy in 2 lvls as well.
Then i take a look over the other rares, i wanna become ele resist independant from the shieldslot so i could use a high life and firedmg shield (some chaos res would be nice) or lioneyes remorse. Would help me also to swap to selfcast rf shenanigans i wanna try on shaper later on once they fix scorching ray stacking ;)

Another weapon is something i would look for as well, but don't feel like that there is a hurry for it. Either a doryani or some rare sceptre with 20%+ attackspeed for faster shieldcharges. Thats the biggest thing that bothers me about balefire... the non existant attackspeed.

UberLab was easy af as usual. Placed decoy, rf, sb, sr on one spot and waited in another. Traps barely do anything and if something sketchy traps are coming... just spam the totems at the beginning and enjoy the regeneration.

once i got THE Boots i will run some uberlabs for a 2% regen enchant on em. Everything summed up feels like you specced Vaal Pact for manaregen :x its already regenerating ridicules fast.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 7, 2018, 5:05:43 PM
Loving the build.. This Dropped for me:

Was wondering if using that for RF.. and putting SR into my chest would be a good idea.

I know I would lose area for RF, but having 6L SR and 5L boss killing RF kinda sounds nice :)
"
Fixed a bug where Scorching Ray totems did not stack their damage correctly with other Scorching Ray totems.

its coming in a few hours bois

"
Fixed a bug where the "x% more Spell Fire Damage" from Herald of Ash was not applying to Damage over Time effects applied by skills such as Scorching Ray.

nothing major, but also good to have this as a backup.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 7, 2018, 5:10:49 PM
I suitable herlad of ash for the build after the fix?
Last edited by Essemito2 on Mar 7, 2018, 6:26:57 PM
Does that mean heard of ash is still not worth using?
What's your opinion on following unique items in terms of RFT build

Windshriek boots for duel curse, tri resis and elemental dmg

Magna Eclipsis shield, for amazing passive, +2 gem level for duel aura (you can get lv25 aura with empower)

Gang's Momentum boots, 25%-40% dmg increase vs ignited target

Thanks for your reply in advance!!
Love dutch cheese and quality wine
"
RFT deals damage depending on the casters life and energy shield(40% per second).
RFT use the Totem Life, not the Player Life, to deal damage. Stuff that grants totemlife is a good damage source.

Well which is it?
sigfault
"
Datura33 wrote:
Does that mean heard of ash is still not worth using?

herald of ash only boosts the damage of SRT. For map clearing, if you use RFT, it is useless.
For killing bosses, if you use SRT, you can turn off blasphemy and turn on herald of ash to gain a 12-13% more multiplier.
Last edited by sharbe on Mar 7, 2018, 8:36:48 PM
"
Asday wrote:
"
RFT deals damage depending on the casters life and energy shield(40% per second).
RFT use the Totem Life, not the Player Life, to deal damage. Stuff that grants totemlife is a good damage source.

Well which is it?

both.

the totem is the caster of rf and takes/deals the dmg.

"
I suitable herlad of ash for the build after the fix?

no. It only affects SR and the only case where i would see myself using it is in endgame boss scenarios instead of a blasphemy curse.

"
Windshriek boots for duel curse, tri resis and elemental dmg

Magna Eclipsis shield, for amazing passive, +2 gem level for duel aura (you can get lv25 aura with empower)

Gang's Momentum boots, 25%-40% dmg increase vs ignited target

Windshriek is ok, but again no life and we already use 3 big items with no life.

Magna is ok... but not great either. From what i've seen is that the ele bubble is pretty bad. +gemlevel on that slot do barely anything for us either. If you got one you can use it, but there are stronger shields available.

Gangs momentum is shit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info