Energy Shield and Life

Well, solving the problem of meta ES builds was necessary, that's for sure. But destroying the ES was not the way, there are hundreds of other builds that get lost along the way. However I am confident that the final patch will not be so hard, when they see that suddenly 99% of the players go full life, they are going to have to retract something
and the debate here rages on. 185 pages of quality. interesting... very interesting...
maybe i take a look at these 185 pages in the summer holidays if it's raining outside.

at this point i have no idea what i missed that wasn't included in page 1.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 8, 2017, 5:26:33 PM
I migrated to POE (about a week ago) from a game where the devs are also in the process of destroying the builds of many players. Years later I regret ever supporting my once favorite mmorpg. It's been a difficult lesson, but one I'll not soon forget. Having read about the coming changes to POE, I was cautious and decided to wait before actually spending any real money on POE like I did with the previous one. Bottom line, many if not the majority of players, invest a lot of time, cash and effort into our favorite games. Mess with our builds at your own peril. I understand the need for class balance, but there are better ways to achieve this other than destroying another player's hard work. Well, happily all I'm out here is some play time. However, I'm still faced with the unpleasant thought of possibly having to start all over again with an entirely new build. This doesn't necessarily mean I'll stop playing POE, but it does mean you'll never get a single dime from me ;)
Last edited by mf523 on Jun 8, 2017, 8:01:15 PM
"
mf523 wrote:
I migrated to POE (about a week ago) from a game where the devs are also in the process of destroying the builds of many players. Years later I regret ever supporting my once favorite mmorpg. It's been a difficult lesson, but one I'll not soon forget. Having read about the coming changes to POE, I was cautious and decided to wait before actually spending any real money on POE like I did with the previous one. Bottom line, many if not the majority of players, invest a lot of time, cash and effort into our favorite games. Mess with our builds at your own peril. I understand the need for class balance, but there are better ways to achieve this other than destroying another player's hard work. Well, happily all I'm out here is some play time. However, I'm still faced with the unpleasant thought of possibly having to start all over again with an entirely new build. This doesn't necessarily mean I'll stop playing POE, but it does mean you'll never get a single dime from me ;)

Which game ?

- AION ?

( because Runes of Magic, Silkroad, Dungeons and Dragons Online, TERA, Guild Wars 2, Diablo 2 is already completely devastated by such poor lame decisions.. )

( And damn all "investments" I've made. Runes of Magic drain nearly 1600$ from me. Not anymore to any game of the type "NERF-TO-BALANCE" and especially completely zero to any of "NERF-THE-CASTERS-BECAUSE-THE-STUPID-ONES-THINK-IT'S-THE-WAY-TO-BALANCE" ! )
You need to buy more stash tabs, and play months to fill them with items which to be deleted by GGG.
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Jun 9, 2017, 2:16:22 AM
Man, I feel bad for ES players. It must suck to have your broken mechanic pulled out from under your feet.

Life is king, always was king, and always under appreciated, and this patch not only brings ES "down to life's level", but makes life better than it ever has been by providing some excellent mod buffs to magic and rare items.

Now you all will have to learn how to play the game again, and not use broken mechanics like everyone else.

I for one am totally happy with the changes, as well as the improvements to life. The changes to DoT makes raw DoT builds viable now, instead of having to use double dipping dot mechanics.

I mourn the death of the Emberwake/Taming Combo, but admittedly getting a 30x buff on damage is pretty broken. I do wonder how The Taming will change, if it will change at all, as it stands it doesn't appear to be a useful item right now.

I for one, have already bought the basic beta supporter pack, I plan on upgrading to the next tier today, and I may infact get the 100$ pack, because the quality of improvements pending for 3.0 are far superior to any update I've seen made to a released game in my 20+ years of gaming.

To those who will cry about "losing" builds, I'm sorry you feel that way, and it's pretty juvenile not to support a product that you're going to use a lot because you're afraid that you're going to make a build and lose it because you're using a broken mechanic.
You should feel honored. You were able to use mechanics and legendary features that allowed you to run content at a pace no one should. You should feel honored to have GGG take notice that your idea is broke AF and realized it needed a nerf.

I pity you ES players and your need for skill free gameplay.

</Jerk>
<PS> I've always loved life and felt ES was overrated, and now I'm at the top of the field relative to people who have spent all their time making ES, LOL
<PPS> I think this is like the 10th time I've pointed out how impressed I am with GGG's release cycle, they have consistently provided quality updates with new fresh game mechanics along with new content every 3 months. YOU CANT BEAT THAT!

<PPPS> Bleed sucks in beta right now, we really need support gems that will support bleed damage, because right now it doesn't really appear to be the case that you can make a solid bleed build.
Last edited by PassivePicasso on Jun 9, 2017, 8:49:55 AM
Later POE! I was super hyped about 3.0 now I know the game is over. If we didn't have 20K+ es our builds are gone. Time wasted, money wasted... Just a waste. You realise that you pretty much made witches, and shadows unusable for anything past t-13s with this nerf? While keeping the like 2 skills that are viable end game for melee/life builds untouched.
Warchiefs for everyone, buy the gear now because it is going to be 3-5X more expensive than es gear was in about 3 weeks, and is one of a small handful of life based skills capable of bringing down shaper.
"
ApocNizmith wrote:
Later POE! I was super hyped about 3.0 now I know the game is over. If we didn't have 20K+ es our builds are gone. Time wasted, money wasted... Just a waste. You realise that you pretty much made witches, and shadows unusable for anything past t-13s with this nerf? While keeping the like 2 skills that are viable end game for melee/life builds untouched.
Warchiefs for everyone, buy the gear now because it is going to be 3-5X more expensive than es gear was in about 3 weeks, and is one of a small handful of life based skills capable of bringing down shaper.

actually Life builds don't have anywhere on the board that would make getting life easire while their ES counter parts can just willy nilly sit there collect a bunch of ES from intel nodes and boom more life and more survivability than life, because sitting there taking one shots to the face and just getting your es back is totally right, I mean who am i kidding though? its not like life needs any buffs even though life players have to spend WAY more points and currency and HOPING and praying they can get a decent life roll on armor alone that doesn't provide defense to begin with.

but your right, ES has a difficult time getting anything done.
I wonder if this is going to make CI harder to play for those players who never have the best rolled items in the game. A Low life caster that can be effective without dying all the time is already pretty much out of reach for most players due to gear requirements. I feel lucky if I get a life character to 5K life, and a CI character to 8K ES. That may be one of the reasons I hit a content wall and quit playing a character between 85-90. But I bet there are a lot more people struggling to get 8k es than there are people with 20k es.
Will see hows ES vs Life going, but as much as i saw melee life not getting any changes.
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
Don't see the point of crying about GGG breaking builds. Uhhh... rebuild it then?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info