Changes to the Labyrinth

[whinge on]
I really dislike the labyrinth too. I only run it enough for my characters to not completely suck.

Standing around waiting for things to line up or get out of the way or stop firing, waiting for lava to subside, clicking buttons in the right sequence, traipsing around looking for keys... none of these things improve the PoE gaming experience.

MORE MONSTERS, LESS TIME-WASTING PUZZLES PLEASE!!
[whinge off]

Hope these changes make the process of running the lab more enjoyable.

There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
"
obadonke wrote:
MORE MONSTERS, LESS TIME-WASTING PUZZLES PLEASE!!

Yes thats exactly what the core concept of arpg's are for me!

Killing monsters and getting loot!!
I hate the Labyrinth, i think setting up a poll on this to decide weather to keep the lab or to remove it totally. Doing the lab is just tedious and not fun at all.
Why the hell are we now required to do the bloody Lab in order? What, it wasn't annoying enough before? Why can't we just adapt the way it works in Standard atm - completing a merciless version of the Lab counts as cruel and normal completion too?
GGG, I understand that you can't just remove the damned thing from the game after wasting so much money on it, but at least try to make it less of a chore, not more.
Spoiler
"
Borgese wrote:
Why the hell are we now required to do the bloody Lab in order? What, it wasn't annoying enough before? Why can't we just adapt the way it works in Standard atm - completing a merciless version of the Lab counts as cruel and normal completion too?
GGG, I understand that you can't just remove the damned thing from the game after wasting so much money on it, but at least try to make it less of a chore, not more.

I would appreciate that aswell. As some1 who really dislikes the lab, it would be a relief to only do it once.
Let's just make it so, that you get all the points when you complete the uber lab, or 6/8 for doing the old merc equivalent.
For those who like doing all the lab variants, let there drop uniques which can only be found in lab of that difficulty or other incentives to do so.

Just give everyone options! Seems like a simple solution...
Last edited by tobiasbruckert on May 16, 2017, 3:43:54 AM
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Miazga wrote:
fuck me, GGG.

You guys are more deaf, dumb and blind then a half dead hobo.

How hard is to compensate after all that time, countless posts and many many angry comments later that WE DO NOT WANT LABIRYNTH, geez... and you make it even more shitier now

How hard is it to realise that you are not everyone?

I like the lab. I just more and more dislike the rest of the game :(.

Apart from that, for lab speed runs the loading screens will still count?

How hard is it to realise that 90% of the players hates the lab?
Changes described in OP are very disappointing.

Anyway, looks like some people have posted their dream lab changes so I will post mine. Please keep in mind that I am only expressing what I would enjoy as a player, not what I think everyone would enjoy. Still, I can dream.

Lab vanishes except as a map. Ascendancy, points, enchants, and treasure chests are rewards for beating A) the 6 trials in Acts 1-3 + B) the final bosses in Acts 4 (2 pts), 6 (2 pts), 8 (2pts), and 10 (2 pts). Those rewards are given only once per character, the first time each boss is killed by that character. To change ascendancy or get additional enchants, a lab map could be run at different difficulty levels, but lab would be gone as a mandatory part of the game. Players would get access to that map by completing the 6 trials found in maps, and after that players could just buy offerings or get them from running more trials. You could still have people racing/farming uber difficulty of lab, but now players would get meaningful rewards for finishing main game content and not have to do lab unless they wanted to change ascendancy or farm it.
Last edited by Khemystri on May 16, 2017, 3:54:13 AM
I like the Lab but I goddamn hate trials. Well well, 6 trials less now, woohoo!

Still don't uderstand why didn't you GGG just left 2 Labs: normal one, with 6 trials as it is now, 4 points for completion; and endgame one, trials on maps, 4 points for completion. It's logical enough that there may be no/different trials in that kind of parallel world we will journey at acts 6-10.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
sounds great but do you remember titan quest quests?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on May 16, 2017, 3:47:22 AM
"
a failed run will generally feel less bad

inb4 uberlab length now 25 rooms and 2 golden doors at best.

balanced in the same way as aoe changes have affected bearers and volatiles.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info