Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

Well. I mean, I like the change since we now have to build something different than poison.
My question now is how will the changes affect skills with low base damage, which, when used under certain conditions (mostly longer casting/channeling) did much more damage, such as Flameblast and Blade Vortex - which are both coincidentally used in builds utilising damage over time.
Does it mean Flameblast will now apply the same ignite no matter how long you channeled it, or that Blade Vortex linked to Poison Support would apply the same poison no matter how many stacks do you have?

I'm obiously expecting that you'll look into such conflicts, I mean - you did an awesome job with the AoE changes, even if they were REALLY scary looking on paper.

Also, sorry for the wall (Vaal...?) of text. I dunno how to edit it nicely.
-Disagreeing with decisions doesn't mean one can't support the game.-
RIP ED.

I mean, aside from my janky Caustic Arrow + ED build that stacks Proj/DoT/Chaos Damage.

What supports are you supposed to use for ED now that 90% of the damage is unaffected by Proj?

Controlled Destruction, Void Manip, Rapid Decay...

Iron Will?

I mean, the upside is you can now freely take LMP/GMP because the loss of proj damage doesn't matter... But man, losing Pierce, Slower Proj and Faster Proj as well as various passives such as Far Shot, Ballistic Mastery and to an extent Point Blank is going to suck...

Gonna really need a crap load of buffs to get that skill back up to par (Not as if it's super dominant right now either. Mostly only good because free Poison from Enduring Dark and Poison being rigged)

Alternatively... Give ED the CA treatment and let it keep Proj damage benefits... So long as the potential Poison from it isn't getting benefits, then it should be fine.
Interesting. Opens up some new avenues for aliment builds.
Please make arctic breath travel like frostbolt etc since it floats. Right now it blows up when it hits a spot where the character cannot go even though frostbolt or any other floating projectile can travel over it. This has boughtered me eversince i played a few arctic breath builds a few years ago, would like to revisit this in 3.0. (i think it was made so because arctic breath leaves chilled ground maybe?)
After the "rework" of Area of Effect, I'm not sure I want a change of DoT.
Last edited by Ghismo on May 3, 2017, 11:08:41 AM
"
Rory wrote:
We've slightly reduced the damage bonus of the Weapon Elemental Damage support gem, as it was too ubiquitous for attack builds, even those that didn't convert all of their attack damage to Elemental Damage. It has been changed to More Elemental Damage with Attacks, and will be renamed appropriately.

Does this mean I'll never hear Yoji say "WED" again? NOOOOOOOOO! Change it back now!
"
Rory wrote:
Instead, players and monsters now have a property called Damage Multiplier for Ailments from Critical Strikes

my favourite bit:/
"
D3adGh0st wrote:
"
cislacoff wrote:
HC player pov
crit builds was always bad choise
prolif=dead
shotgun=dead
life based=dead
burning=dead
AoE=dead
bleed=not even was born
Poison=dead next patch
WTF? Kill totems,and shut down HC servers!

the only ones left are projectile based builds.

essence drain used to be one of the safest projectiles based builds for hardcore, far from being top tier or the strongest, but safe at least.
they're basically killing essence drain too unless they quadruplicate the base damage to compensate the loss of all the nodes plus the support gems (and pierce), or simply add the projectile damage modifier to the OT dmg.
My impression is that this is too complicated with too many special things/exceptions.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
The changes to "Elemental Damage with Attack Skills"
does leave me with a question about two "possible more" skills.

These are Frost Blades and Lightning Strike.
These skills have two parts "One melee and one projectile"

Now it does say "These new stats now modify all of the damage dealt by Attack Skills"
So i am making the assumption that it affects the projectile part as well?
Education is what you get from reading the small print.
Experience is what you get from not reading it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info