Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

How does this affect Righteous Fire? I spent all my currency on min-maxing my rf character
Meta chang soo often that the greatness part of this game <3333
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
"
AssasinCreed wrote:
Meta chang soo often that the greatness part of this game <3333
I would agree, but poison has been meta since talisman. Shit's super stale at this point. 3.0 needs to be completely different from current meta.
I don't get the Immunity changes. Why? Why not use something that is already in the game instead of creating entirely new mechanics. Why can't bosses get immunity to ailments when they reach low life, or remove status ailments every 10s and be immune for 5s after that? You would still have the "thematic" look and feel, and the fight would no longer be as punishing as it is now for ailments based builds. Why all this mumbo jumbo?

Another question is how likely you could end up with insignificant ailment damage. If dot like bleed is no longer based on hit, but instead has a base damage as your hit lets say 300/300 and you get multipliers that affect hit damage only, and does not affect bleed itself. So is it possible that you'll end up with 30000 hit and a 300 bleed damage? If so, how that makes any sense? Sure it seems that skills that apply ailments like Puncture or Viper Strike will have a work around for that, but what about everything else? This screams "unbalanced" to me, but I guess we'll have to wait until beta hits the servers.
Last edited by laminarija on May 3, 2017, 12:14:01 PM
"
rumblestrips wrote:
"
Rory wrote:
Instead, players and monsters now have a property called Damage Multiplier for Ailments from Critical Strikes

my favourite bit:/

And an awesome acronym: DMACS!

I haven't fully groked the changes, but the number of added mods for items is a concern for gear crafting or SSF players.
Since you start to handle aligments differently on monsters and players can we plz be able to curse totem enemys in 3.0?
Interesting, seems like they are trying to separate hit and DOT like Grim Dawn. I can already see many new builds available after this change. You can now choose to scale the hit and ignore the DOT, or you can sacrifice the hit damage with the new keystone and convert your skill into a DOT skill instead.

Also with the double dipping gone, they can now buff damage to items and nodes on tree that they couldn't before (remember the Fatal Toxin node with 100% increased poison damage before nerf? )
Yeah, if I'm understanding the changes correctly, Wild Strike won't see any difference due to these changes, right? Since the elemental effects are actually affected by weapon elemental damage right now. Only the fire AoE and burns will be affected by those types of changes.
I would like to know how Beacon of Corruption does work and will work (in combination with the Commander of Darkness)

My two cents on the dot changes.
Poor Fire. Hit Chaos more. Hope for bleed?
Sorry for the long post. In the unlikely event of a short post. There sure is something I should feel sorry about anyway.
"
Paulinir wrote:
I would like to know how Beacon of Corruption does work and will work (in combination with the Commander of Darkness)

My two cents on the dot changes.
Poor Fire. Hit Chaos more. Hope for bleed?

I don't see anything related to minion damage or minion life so most likely Beacon of Corruption will be the same as before .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info