Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

"Double dipping" - amplification effects apply twice (at least how i see it).
Example: Earthquake with its AoE tag.
With passive for AoE Damage it will boost Earthquake damage and then again boost Bleed damage (because of inheritance) which was already calculated based on boosted by passive Earthquake damage.

With your plan to make Bleed/Poison calculation start from base damage is excellent idea to remove "Double dipping", so all amplifications would be applied once!

But to do it Bleed/Poison should inherit all tags from used Skill.
But you did reverse, removed inheritance tags!
How to scale Bleed/Poison if it is only based on BASE damage without amplifications?

Even worse for BV which has low damage, and being amplified by MORE spell damage per blade. Without this amplification what poison damage BV will produce?!
Even if you scale Poison itself 10x times, with so low base it all pointless!
Most of the trap builds were relying poison/ignite.. scale from initial hit and was still bad because of trap recovery/ jewels(for poison)/nodes are way to apart from each another/too little bonus from saboteur. Now changes to poison/bleed… A lot of builds including traps become complete useless, even adding new keystone(more point needed to travel there). What are the plans if they are one to boost trap builds?

Whit introducing more suffixes/prefixes ... would not make this less desirable to craft weapons? Unless there is improvement to master crafting which will allow to craft all suffixes/prefixes whit all rolls at a price.
Last edited by ExileArch on May 3, 2017, 8:50:40 AM
The tl:dr that I got out of this is that dedicated DoT builds will still have to spec crit to scale damage, but in a gimpy, nerfed way with weaker initial hits and only a portion of their crit multi scaling the DoT. This is super lame and I would much rather have seen most DoT builds divorced from crit meta altogether. Diversity is good, and getting crits for poisons and ignites didn't really make any sense anyway.

Also, Blight is getting nerfed? Lol. It's already utter trash.

Finally: my Vaal Pact Ice Crash Facebreakers berserker is getting a huge buff by finally being able to use the WED support gem and WED nodes. Ice Crash FB new meta?
Had a nice build idea (fire->chaos CoC Fireball+Magma Orb, using Spectral throw to proc).
Because of the way this build works I have to invest heavily into crit chance/multiplier nodes (for both attacks and spells, otherwise I wont proc as much or wont do sufficient spell dmg).
To improve the dmg output I took some chaos scaling nodes and a few DoT nodes since I poison (using Consuming dark).

The dmg output was around 65k fireball/70k FB explosion/65k Magma Orb. This was the full dmg output including poison+curse+flasks+charges. Not OP at all.

The changes described in this manifesto will cause my dmg output to drop 50+%.
There is no way to compensate this loss with the intended changes to 3.0.

So in your attempt to nerf min-max meta ailment builds, but still be viable, you are eradicating every build option that did not super-cheese the heck out of the added benefit of said ailment.

RIP every fun not-OP ailment build.
I feel like they try to reverse the game to be simplier for majority, and for the end game especially. I mean avarage casual player might not look into end-game build to begin with, and some avarage non-meta skill will get him up to 70th 80th lvls, if he that good for casual, but thats it.

First manifesto was pretty clear about the fact that befor 3.0 they were forced to dumbed down overall buff level of everything just to nerf those double-dipping endgame builds somehow. So now w/o dd overall buff level from gear and tree shoud consider most skills viable for end-game? Or at least many skills? I hope so. If all skills are lifted for a price of few meta ones - its very good.
Last edited by old_joe on May 3, 2017, 8:56:25 AM
"
Rory wrote:
[Weapon Elemental Damage] has been changed to More Elemental Damage with Attacks, and will be renamed appropriately.

That's a good move.

On that note, with 3.0, any chance of getting an overhaul of other poorly worded sections of PoE? For example, "you've", "your", and "you" have different scopes depending upon different skills/mods. From damage dealt by "you" to buffs/debuffs that affect "you", their scope is different when it comes to minions, totems, golemns, etc.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on May 3, 2017, 8:56:59 AM
We expected GGG to nerf double-dipping but GGG nerfed single dipping as well.

Also added over-complication to the game. New players now need an Oxford University Professor to explain game mechanics to them.

...like seriously WTF GGG? ....by removing double-dipping i was expecting you to make damage nodes only apply to attacks/spells and make them ignore poison/ignite/bleed/etc (because status effects are a part of the final damage anyway) ...it was that simple.

...adding so much over-complication seems unnecessary
Finally the game starts making some f*ing sense...
You should completely revise all mechanics and clarify limitations. Like spell echo and multistrike not working with totems or specific skills...
Meta where you one shot enemies with VRF is over boyz :)

ps. any of the changes will be reverted? Like poison not be effected by trap gem and his 30% more??
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on May 3, 2017, 9:00:22 AM
Since Weapon Elemental Damage will be changed to "More Elemental Damage with Attacks", does that mean that Animate Weapon will no longer benefit from it as it is not an attack skill?

Or Does that mean that it will apply to every minion because their hits are considered "attacks"?
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info