How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

After grinding out 36 challenges in SC trade league I decided I would try my hand at getting those hardcore achievements and I decided to make it my first forray in to SSF as well.

Apart from a few heart stoppers playing through the story line everything went smoothly enough and I find myself at the beginning of the endgame having done a handful of t1/t2 maps. I have gotten to the point where white mobs are just deleted but anything magic or above is becoming problematic. Obviously for rituals this isn't a great look.

I am running an ED/contagion trickster and am really happy with the build but I am at the point where under normal circumstances I would take the currency I have gathered and buy a basic 6-link or a basic +1 wand and/or amulet and some lvl 21 gems to push it to the next level. Obviously that isn't an option right now so I was looking for some advice on how to best advance my build without dying ^^.

My short term goals are to get a 5-link body armor up and running and to upgrade my wand to something with +1 chaos gems and/or Chaos dmg ovet time multi.

If anyone could point me in the right direction as to how I can achieve these things without dying it would be greatly appreciated. In short some SSF beginner tips.

As things stand I am planning to run white maps without crazy mods to farm rituals but rituals feel like they will kill me sooner or later as they tend to stack rare mobs that can start to crowd out my build.

My ultimate goal is to reach lvl 90 and do the final lab for the steam achievements.

P.S. I might never be switching back to trade league or softcore. This is absolutely enthralling. Only down side is that the Ex I dropped didn't really get the juices flowing like it does during a trade league start but I found some tri res+life gloves and couldn't have been happier.
"
Impiousbe wrote:

If anyone could point me in the right direction as to how I can achieve these things without dying it would be greatly appreciated. In short some SSF beginner tips.

As things stand I am planning to run white maps without crazy mods to farm rituals but rituals feel like they will kill me sooner or later as they tend to stack rare mobs that can start to crowd out my build.

My ultimate goal is to reach lvl 90 and do the final lab for the steam achievements.

If I was you I'd run Blood Aqueducts for currency, hopefully you might have a 5 link es/eva armour drop. With currency try to get more es and life on your gear, roll a better wand with % spell damage for a start. Make use of your crafting bench too. I buy bases to craft on from Weylam and Lani, as sometimes I haven't capped my resists. Personally I only transmute white maps just so they're not too dangerous.
Looong time softcore player here, finally got so bored of the game that i decided to try both ssf and hc for the first time. And what can I say, I'm lovin it! Game feels fresh af and leveling a new char has gone from superboring to the best part of the game.

Highlights this league was definately getting the Eternal achievement followed closely by finding 2 usable 6l chests in ritual.

time for some harvest gambling I guess
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
I always play a wander of some sort, you can't go wrong with a Pathfinder KB wander.

Thanks for that. I enjoy PF and haven't tried KB or a wander.
Dont do it... i had 4 fiends lost them all...
Git R Dun!
I'd love to play HC if my game performance isn't so unreliable. I think vast majority of my deaths in this league was honestly performance related. Delirium or any mechanic that spawn many mobs immediately like legion and harvest that cause lag spikes are my bane of existence.
"
NexiieQT wrote:
I'd love to play HC if my game performance isn't so unreliable. I think vast majority of my deaths in this league was honestly performance related. Delirium or any mechanic that spawn many mobs immediately like legion and harvest that cause lag spikes are my bane of existence.

Word. I probably have 400 deaths this league...to think I used to play SSFHC and now can't imagine doing so. It's been getting worse and worse with all the bloat but Deli plus really sent my computer packing it in.
Git R Dun!
"
I'd love to play HC if my game performance isn't so unreliable

I guess it depends on what content you want to do. I'm like Bearbarion -- decided to try SSFHC for a change of pace. No expectations other than trying something different and completing the achieves in the process.

With BB and ritual the graphics can get a little crazy, but my FPS never drops below about 30.

EDIT: Lol. Just did Belfry and things froze up in the LotG fight. At first I thought it was a lag spike and my HC guy was done.

Then I got my first "application has stopped responding" message in nearly 10 leagues of PoE. When I got back in, I was still alive and had credit for boss kill. (He was nearly dead when it froze.)

Close call. I don't think I could do SSF HC on a regular basis. My nerves are too old. :-)
Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 2, 2021, 9:32:06 PM

Took 2+ months to craft those rares.

Gonna miss harvest crafting gg influenced gears in 3.14.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info