2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

"
xX999Xx wrote:

That would be really cool. (atleast to not overbuff em for easy killing non Uber Bosses). But I doubt they would buff ST skills. They already buffed melee gems quite a bit (I think it was 2.0). But still, every non Melee build is just way more efficient in farming and also "cheaper". I know its a comparsion of apples and pears, (different topics), but it would not be gamebreaking, yet still they would not do such a thing. KR

Maybe a new melee gem that boosts single target a lot? Maybe make them not usable in spells and attacks tagged aoe(just like melee splash), while also making it not usable with melee splash.
Or make it so if you put the gem in EQ, both the first hit and the aftershock only hits the targeted enemy :D

I just thought of the gem idea so it is probably terrible. So anyway, lets pretend they implemented something and made the now bad single target melee skills usable for killing bosses.

Would anybody really complain about the AOE and clear speed of melee skills then if they retained or even improved their AOE? Who would be pissed about EQ not feeling very meleeish when you used another skill for single target? Hell, you could remove the melee tag from those aoe gems and add something about how they also benefit from melee nodes, if some mega nerd would still complain just because they would be defined as melee.
Someone who's responsible for killing reave must tell us wtf he was thinking about.
I hope GGG won't forget to increase base radius of all spells (especially shock nova and ice nova, was goind to try out 'em) and attacks 'cause i'm very tired of playing projectile build so i was goind to play aoe based spell. By the way, glacial cascade's aoe seems to be not nerfed at all.
Really? Earthquake Nerf? jesus, you guys want us not to feel obligated to pick up AoE nodes and you nerf the AoE on earthquake? lol.... FeelsMeleeMan

Guess i`m playing Spells on 2.6
this whining about balance is so annoying and pointless. it's like whining about the quality of a specific avengers movie when every movie you see comes from today's hollywood.

direct your anger towards the REAL problems this game has (see my signature) instead.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Destroying reave, which nobody plays? LUL
MY CLEAVE. MY BEAUTIFUL CLEAVE.

So you give us back Legacy Soul Taker and Legacy BoR and make Cleave viable again then snatch it from the claws of victory.

Solutions:
Soul Taker buff
Increase Melee Range nodes become more than the one next to the Duelist (either increase amount of the number on that node)
Increase Cleave's AoE along with Attack Speed per quality and level.

New Belt Type
Thaumaturgical Buckle - 80-150 Maximum Life as it's Prefix
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Nice Melee Splash trolling GGG for people who said GGG never lies, but serios i dont understand what Reave nerf why?
Patch Notes 3.0
Melee change - DONT EVER TRY THIS SHIT - your lovely GGG Team(Thanks for your support)
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Feb 27, 2017, 10:29:53 AM
What about standard vortex? i feel like it will be the most hit by this change, i see no changes to its base radius.
"
xX999Xx wrote:

Either you are a fool or I dont know.

First of all, I don't play flameblast. Second: It is also a nerf to many skills, that absolutely do NOT deserve a nerf in their AoE capability. And second: I can do the same with a BOW build without any need to cast and be even faster. Flameblast for example would be okay for a nerf. But not this MUCH of one from my observation. And I say this as non Flameblastplayer lol...

Your argument is invalide comrade!

Example of those builds or STFU. I tried almost every skill on my totems with 82% aoe. With Sunblast even skills like Shock Nova and Ice Nova covered almost whole screen.

Once again, cry me a river because some of builds, even non meta, will have less aoe...
Now if you use concentrated effect, you actually don't miss out on much area anymore. Now you should only miss out on 25%. This means if you are willing to invest only enough to offset concentrated effect you can actually benefit under the new system or am I wrong here?

If the concentrated effect gem is getting changed as well, I could be very wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info