[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
Wtrclimax wrote:
Hello people , i was trying to use this build , and it was very safe and smooth during leveling ( i only died twice during story ) , but when i go to the maps , im simply destroyed.

Im just keep getting one-shotted by normal mobs in t1-t2 , and damage is not high as i expected.

My survivability is very bad , in spite of i didnt go very budget setup.(spend more than 1 ex)

Im trying to cap my res as soon as possible , but any advice other than this?

(btw , i bought a doryani too , but cant use cuz of level restriction ,stuck in 69)

CAP YOUR RESISTANCES! In PoE it is kinda impossible to survive without your resistances capped. So you can either use purity of elementy or just drop for example rat's nest and get a rare helmet with life and resistances to cap your resistances.

For this build the hardest moment is when you start mapping. My advice would be to just go back to Act 10: The Desecrated Chambers and grind a 4-5 levels there.. It should be really fast and then low level maps should be easy.

Also your rings use mods like "% damage to attacks" which do nothing for this build because we use spells. Get on your ring high life, mana & resistances.

Drop Karui Ward and get a amulett with high life and resistances and maybe crit multi.

Drop your Windscream and either rare boots with high life, resistances & 30% movement speed or get Voidwalker boots.

Drop your granite flask & mana flask and get a stibnite flask & diamond like this:
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Jun 24, 2018, 2:16:03 PM
Hello

Can this build go full mf ? and do decent dmg to clear like t11-t12 ?
"
Zellez wrote:
Hello

Can this build go full mf ? and do decent dmg to clear like t11-t12 ?

Yes that should be possible with decent gear and level. I guess you can go for example with two ventor's gamble, bisco's collar and leash.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Hi, currently working on this build. Several quick questions.

-The Lightning Tendrils setup detailed in the skill gems section: Is this still applicable in 3.3? Is it any better or efficient than Vaal BV?

-Cast While Damage Taken: Any particular reason for a level 2 CWDT over a level 1?

-Which Herald aura is being used? I'm not exactly sure I'm reading that section properly. Heralds for mapping, but turn off the Heralds and use Arctic Armor for bosses?

Thanks for your help.
Really enjoying this build, level 91 and doing most of the content pretty easily. Every now and then struggle with some of the bosses that have stages due to Vaal Blade Vortex needing more souls.

Was wondering what a weapon upgrade for Doryanis is?
Ign Gorgomite
"
MisterTails wrote:
Hi, currently working on this build. Several quick questions.

-The Lightning Tendrils setup detailed in the skill gems section: Is this still applicable in 3.3? Is it any better or efficient than Vaal BV?

-Cast While Damage Taken: Any particular reason for a level 2 CWDT over a level 1?

-Which Herald aura is being used? I'm not exactly sure I'm reading that section properly. Heralds for mapping, but turn off the Heralds and use Arctic Armor for bosses?

Thanks for your help.

The LT setup is still viable but I think Vaal Blade Vortex is stronger.

CWDT: no... I just forgot to stop leveling at 1 :)

I use Herald of Ice & Thunder and nothing else I am too lazy too switch. In theory wrath with a good watcher's eye should be the best for endgame bosses.

"
Gorgomite wrote:
Really enjoying this build, level 91 and doing most of the content pretty easily. Every now and then struggle with some of the bosses that have stages due to Vaal Blade Vortex needing more souls.

It is hard to upgrade from a good rolled doryani's and it will get expensive. You can get for spell / elemental rare dagger / mace with spell crit, add damage to spells, global multiplier and maybe some shaper mods like phys as extra...
"
Gorgomite wrote:

I play with this sceptre and it works great for me but i have to say that i have not tried Doryanis yet. The attackspeed gives me a nice boost for clearspeed.
Short Question... can i use only vaal spark and vaal blade vortex or i have to use a normal version and a vaal version? (For the Gem Choice)
Last edited by Japan on Jul 2, 2018, 4:26:01 PM
Just wanted to post to say thanks Bashtart for the build.

Followed the main leveling portion, skill build, and item build for the most part. Once the build got rolling things got rolling quick (once I got Inpulsa's). Got to 35 challenges with mostly the grindy ones left. Bosses are pretty easy. The build is insanely tanky once you have mana leech.

Before mana leech I found the deadliest things to be anything that dealt damage over time. With MoM DoTs just leave you in a real dangerous spot.

Found Blade Vortex to be too awkward to use so I ended up using LT + Glacial for a while. Once I got a bunch of jewels and jewelry with lightning damage I ended up switching to LT + Arc which ended up doing significantly more damage with the added bonus of clearing adds around the bosses out.

My profile is public if anybody wants to see the gear I ended up with.
Last edited by zemoto on Jul 2, 2018, 8:33:11 PM
Hi Japan, you can use either normal or Vaal versions of Spark and BV.
The Vaal skill gems now provide both the normal skill and the soul-powered Vaal version of the skill from the one gem as of POE version 3.3. So it's like you get 2 separate abilities from the one gem.

If you go with the Vaal skill gems make sure you get one with good quality on it as you can't add quality to a Vaal skill gem later on like you can on a normal skill gem.

I am running with both Vaal Spark and Vaal BV. The Vaal BV is pretty awesome so I would say definitely get Vaal BV. I'm not so impressed with Vaal Spark but then haven't used it that much either. If you can't afford a high quality Vaal Spark then just the normal Spark gem is fine.
Also the Vaal version of the Spark skill can't be supported by Spell Echo. It still works with Spell Echo in the link setup you just don't get the benefits from it when you cast the Vaal version of the skill. The normal version of Spark provided by the Vaal Spark gem still gets supported by Spell Echo so that's fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info