[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
TheRealTuna wrote:
"
BurkhardSekir wrote:
Build worked out so far, amazing speed. I just found some Voidwalkers, so I already have Pierce. Is there any obvious choice for a nice support gem to replace pierce in my gloves now? Didnt find anything in the last 10 pages.

Also found a nice Amulet, will it carry me long enough until I farmed my exalts for choir of the storm or should I look for a cheap Substitution?

This is precisely why Voidwalkers are not BiS for the build. Pierce is too good as a gem for Spark because it provides both damage and necessary utility. There aren't really any gems that are "better", and so using Voidwalkers means intentionally using a gem that is worse.

In any case, I would recommend trying power charge on critical support.

Power charge on crit provides a small boost in crit chance for spark (20% increased chance at 20% quality) as well as additional damage (4% more damage per power charge), not to mention the 40% increased crit chance per power charge. Additionally, this also allows you to generate power charges during boss fights which will also help buff your BV dps.

If you strictly want more damage, increased critical damage is probably not a bad choice, but I don't feel that boosting spark damage is particularly useful after a certain point and would probably just opt for more utility-based stuff

If you aren't running Warlord's Mark in a consistent way, you could consider using life leech gem as well.

In my newest setup I also run with voidwalker for pierce on spark and I would recommend to use "critical strike support" which is accually really good for spark. The reason is inevitable judgement and the shatter effect of HoI will be proct very often.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"
BurkhardSekir wrote:
Build worked out so far, amazing speed. I just found some Voidwalkers, so I already have Pierce. Is there any obvious choice for a nice support gem to replace pierce in my gloves now? Didnt find anything in the last 10 pages.

Also found a nice Amulet, will it carry me long enough until I farmed my exalts for choir of the storm or should I look for a cheap Substitution?

Hi Burkhard, that amulet looks like it's got some good damage bonuses on it but it may be more important to have life and resistance on your amulet depending on what you have on the rest of your gear. I can't see your character as it's set to private but you can check out mine as I am currently using gear which is very similar to what Bash was using before he upgraded to his current BiS-ish gear. Currently I am doing low tier maps and am about to start with mid tier maps.

I think Bash was using gear similar to what I have atm and having no problems doing many of the mid-tier maps.
I don't think it is really mentioned anywhere in the guide but you will notice that my amulet has life leech from lightning damage. That is really helpful for survivability I think and I noticed Bash was using an amulet with the same mod on it before his current setup so I got one with the same mod because I don't like being original ha ha.
You will notice that Bash's current setup still has the life leech but he now gets it from the Doryani's Catalyst sceptre and not the amulet which he swapped for Choir of Storms.

None of the gear I am currently using is terribly expensive, at least I don't recall having any problems affording it. It should get you up to maps where you can farm currency to afford the better stuff at least I hope so anyway ha ha. This is actually the furthest I've ever gotten in the game. My previous highest level being a lvl 79 raider.

Also please ignore the enchantment on the helm for reckoning damage; it does nothing for this build it is just the random I got from the lab and I can't be bothered running the lab again or buying a better helm at the moment :)

Also it is probably better if I swap out my pierce gem for increased crit strikes as I get pierce from the Voidwalker boots now. So I may do that shortly and also look at changing my BV setup some point soon.
Ok, thanks Bash and RealTuna. They just dropped for me, so I decided to roll with them. Going to switch to more Crits then.

"
Flypython wrote:
I think Bash was using gear similar to what I have atm and having no problems doing many of the mid-tier maps.

That is helpful. I just started mapping and so far I'm not having problems, I will see how it turns out on Mid Tier Maps. My Doryani is already in my stash, so the leech is in range of sight. I set my Chars to public again and as you can see, Life rolls are ok-ish. But I have still some Life nodes to allocate.
Can you guys check out my char and tell me what you would upgrade next?
Hello, I have another question. Where can I get those rare gloves with mana leech and faster casting? I can't seem to find them in poe.trade
"
bashtart wrote:
"
TheRealTuna wrote:
"
BurkhardSekir wrote:

This is precisely why Voidwalkers are not BiS for the build. Pierce is too good as a gem for Spark because it provides both damage and necessary utility. There aren't really any gems that are "better", and so using Voidwalkers means intentionally using a gem that is worse.

In any case, I would recommend trying power charge on critical support.

Power charge on crit provides a small boost in crit chance for spark (20% increased chance at 20% quality) as well as additional damage (4% more damage per power charge), not to mention the 40% increased crit chance per power charge. Additionally, this also allows you to generate power charges during boss fights which will also help buff your BV dps.

If you strictly want more damage, increased critical damage is probably not a bad choice, but I don't feel that boosting spark damage is particularly useful after a certain point and would probably just opt for more utility-based stuff

If you aren't running Warlord's Mark in a consistent way, you could consider using life leech gem as well.

In my newest setup I also run with voidwalker for pierce on spark and I would recommend to use "critical strike support" which is accually really good for spark. The reason is inevitable judgement and the shatter effect of HoI will be proct very often.

Ah yes, definitely increased critical strikes on spark, didn't realize it was missing in the first place. Especially if HoI is up

Why pierce and voidwalker?
Hey everyone!

I've been playing this build leveling up, and I really like how spark works, but I'm not super fond of how BV feels.

Are there any suggestions for a good alternative to BV that works nicely with the rest of the build?

Thanks so much for all the great advice so far!
"
marcoke22 wrote:
Hello, I have another question. Where can I get those rare gloves with mana leech and faster casting? I can't seem to find them in poe.trade

Poe Trade link

"
TheRealTuna wrote:

Ah yes, definitely increased critical strikes on spark, didn't realize it was missing in the first place. Especially if HoI is up

Why pierce and voidwalker?

Not both... Voidwalker instead of pierce support gem in the spark setup.

"
Thundercles wrote:
Hey everyone!

I've been playing this build leveling up, and I really like how spark works, but I'm not super fond of how BV feels.

Are there any suggestions for a good alternative to BV that works nicely with the rest of the build?

Thanks so much for all the great advice so far!

In my option BV is the best option but last two season we alternativly used LT CWC GC setup for single target. YOu can find it in gear section if you want to try it out but with vaal blade vortex I really think bv is the best option.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Someone look at my char and tell me what the next upgrade you would make is. Thanks the name is CromiSpark in my profile.
"
Cromi38 wrote:
Someone look at my char and tell me what the next upgrade you would make is. Thanks the name is CromiSpark in my profile.

You can get a ring like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info