[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

Hello. Thank you for this guide. I am a newbie and this is my guide for my first character. Why is your tempest shield and immortal call not on the shield? I tried it and it says [skill cant be used].
"
marcoke22 wrote:
Hello. Thank you for this guide. I am a newbie and this is my guide for my first character. Why is your tempest shield and immortal call not on the shield? I tried it and it says [skill cant be used].

Because these are used/linked with Cast when damage taken support gem. Pay attention to the levels of these gems though. It's all in the guide.
Last edited by WilliamCZE on Jun 13, 2018, 4:25:39 PM
How are you guys living through t14+ bosses, I can occasionally do it but they hurt.
"
WilliamCZE wrote:
"
marcoke22 wrote:

Because these are used/linked with Cast when damage taken support gem. Pay attention to the levels of these gems though. It's all in the guide.

Thanks. I have another question. Why should CWDT be left out at level 2?
"
marcoke22 wrote:
"
WilliamCZE wrote:
"
marcoke22 wrote:

Thanks. I have another question. Why should CWDT be left out at level 2?

You want CWDT left at a low level because the higher the level of CWDT, the more damage you need to take for it to activate.

Would you rather your skill activate after taking a hit of 500 damage or 2000 damage?

Add into the mix that for something like immortal call, for example, increased level doesn't really do all that much as we are not heavily based on endurance charges and even a level 20 immortal call won't end up lasting too long. We use immortal call on CWDT primarily to synergize with Soul of Arakaali and specifically the Arachnoxia capture with Blood Rage, and so we don't really need the additional levels on immortal call. Much better for us to have it proc more often...and so we leave CWDT at a low level.
"
TheRealTuna wrote:

We use immortal call on CWDT primarily to synergize with Soul of Arakaali and specifically the Arachnoxia capture with Blood Rage, and so we don't really need the additional levels on immortal call. Much better for us to have it proc more often...and so we leave CWDT at a low level.

Please explain me this part, I do have my Pantheons upgraded, but I'm not really using Blood Rage.

Which gem should I replace with Blood Rage?
"
WilliamCZE wrote:
"
TheRealTuna wrote:

We use immortal call on CWDT primarily to synergize with Soul of Arakaali and specifically the Arachnoxia capture with Blood Rage, and so we don't really need the additional levels on immortal call. Much better for us to have it proc more often...and so we leave CWDT at a low level.

Please explain me this part, I do have my Pantheons upgraded, but I'm not really using Blood Rage.

So here's how it goes:

1) Activate Blood Rage

2) Take damage -> CWDT Procs

3) When CWDT procs, Immortal Call is activated

4) Immortal Call stops all physical damage when it activates, which includes the self-inflicted DoT from Blood Rage

5) Soul of Arakaali with Arachnoxia says that "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently." So when Immortal Call triggers and briefly prevents the DoT from Blood Rage, you receive this effect for the next 4 seconds (recently = 4 seconds in PoE).

So essentially, every time CWDT procs, you gain this buff for 4 seconds and subsequent hits refresh this buff for another 4 seconds.

This is a gigantic boost to survivability because it buffs leech, life regen, etc.

Looking at your setup, I would swap out your portal gem with Blood Rage and put your portal gem on a second weapon so you can just swap with "x", cast portal, and swap back. You don't have any auras on your main or offhand so this shouldn't be too troublesome at all.

Blood rage also substantially buffs attack speed which is great for shield charge, so it is definitely worth using for that reason as well
Last edited by TheRealTuna on Jun 14, 2018, 1:37:42 PM
"
TheRealTuna wrote:
"
WilliamCZE wrote:
"
TheRealTuna wrote:

So here's how it goes:

1) Activate Blood Rage

2) Take damage -> CWDT Procs

3) When CWDT procs, Immortal Call is activated

4) Immortal Call stops all physical damage when it activates, which includes the self-inflicted DoT from Blood Rage

5) Soul of Arakaali with Arachnoxia says that "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently." So when Immortal Call triggers and briefly prevents the DoT from Blood Rage, you receive this effect for the next 4 seconds (recently = 4 seconds in PoE).

So essentially, every time CWDT procs, you gain this buff for 4 seconds and subsequent hits refresh this buff for another 4 seconds.

This is a gigantic boost to survivability because it buffs leech, life regen, etc.

Looking at your setup, I would swap out your portal gem with Blood Rage and put your portal gem on a second weapon so you can just swap with "x", cast portal, and swap back. You don't have any auras on your main or offhand so this shouldn't be too troublesome at all.

Blood rage also substantially buffs attack speed which is great for shield charge, so it is definitely worth using for that reason as well

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about the weapon swap completely.
Would this build work for end-game boss farming if you did something like Indigon Heirophant? Change the auras around to unreserve some mana, put Lightning Pen in your Spark links and have that as your main 6L. Not sure how to do Indigon builds in PoB so I can't see any number estimates. Just an idea to take this build into Shaper/red Elder/possibly even Uber Elder.
"
Would this build work for end-game boss farming if you did something like Indigon Heirophant? Change the auras around to unreserve some mana, put Lightning Pen in your Spark links and have that as your main 6L. Not sure how to do Indigon builds in PoB so I can't see any number estimates. Just an idea to take this build into Shaper/red Elder/possibly even Uber Elder.

I think the standard bosses up to shaper & red elder should not be a problem with decent gear and level with this build. One player just killed UberElder with his low life version of this build a few days ago.

I already played around with Indigon Hiero Spark Totem and it works pretty good.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info