Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

Hmm might actually get to roll a Staff build finally.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I do think that AoE changes will bring more room to get other stats other than pure investment on AoE.
With less effort to get almost maximum AoE that you want/need, now we can grab more damage/defensive nodes somewhere else.

I think it is a buff overall!
I'm Razielim, son of Raziel.

"Raziel, you're worthy..." - Elder God
Nice to see the Vaal Discipline nerf :).

Possum
For Pyre to be completely nurf it need to go down near 40% or if it still higher then 50% you can still get 100% Ice to fire with Avatar of fire
very much looking forward to new league and ssf
And DirectX11 Improves when?(beta to finally).
Oh god still over a week to go what do
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
chij72 wrote:
"
Rory wrote:

Area of Effect Changes
All sources of "Increased Radius of Area Skills" have been replaced with an increase to area. This means that rather than the area of the skill increasing geometrically as the player invests in the modifier to area scale, the radius gained per point of the stat will be lower and lower as heavy investment occurs, similar to diminishing returns. Many old radius increases that have been changed to area increases provide a higher numeric value to compensate for this change. The goal of this change is to make investing in the size of your area skills to be less rewarding the more you invest, so players don't feel like they need to gather every single point of area radius to reach their character's full potential.

RIP Vaal Ice Nova builds i guess?

RIP every area spell and every melee aoe skill in the game.

thats it :S they fuked EQ Lacerate .... builds , and they talked about buffing life base builds :D

and there is a comment on reddit they are moving blood magic close to CI

idk WHAT KIND of buff this they fuked %80 duelist maruder builds :D
Last edited by RestlnPeace on Feb 22, 2017, 6:20:43 PM
It will be interesting to see how much of a nerf Blade Flurry got.
I kind of felt it was in a good place if you didn't abuse double dipping and I'm afraid I might be going back to Reave after this nerf, especially if the AoE is smaller than it is now.

But, then again, my daggers might have gotten a base damage buff, so it might even out and I am going to be leeching from chaos damage as well, sooo... yeaaah. It might feel better to play with more defense and less offense, or even with a slower dagger and not an ambusher.
The problem I have with this change is that daggers are much harder to craft than say claws, so they should be a bit more powerful. And I like how they look!

I would preffer that they adressed the fact that Bino's is too common and too powerful, because this is one of the main reasons for daggers being used more than claws/swords. Same thing with Atziri's Disfavour and axes, Hegemony's Era and staves, etc, etc.

Melee splash scaling better with area is useless because most splash characters can't get AoE easily from the tree. And I don't know how it works with ascendancies like Slayer. But I feel like this is really not going to help "true melee".

Waiting on the final patch notes and the tree to pass my judgement, but: some good changes... most of them won't change the meta in a big way.

Also: Is it just me or will these changes make HoWA even more powerful than it already is?

Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
"
Xenombra wrote:
For Pyre to be completely nurf it need to go down near 40% or if it still higher then 50% you can still get 100% Ice to fire with Avatar of fire

Or the Cold to Fire Support gem.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info