Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

"
rinleezwins wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Damn that cryfest from ES users.
"OMG they nerfed vaal discipline, it's useless now, what will I do?!"
"OMG they nerfed AoE, my flameblast or other skill with giant-ass aoe won't be screen wide anymore, what will I do?!"

Every league Im just waiting for those crybabies that come to forum because they nerfed their build ^ ^

It's really amusing when you're the kind of player who never goes for the meta broken builds :D

If this is not sarcastic, I totally agree with you.

F*CK THE META!
I'm Razielim, son of Raziel.

"Raziel, you're worthy..." - Elder God
Aside from nerfing daggers this seems like really lack lustre 1h weapon balancing considering the hype.
"
So you butchered blade flurry

No life changes
No CI changes
No ES changes
You fucked vaal disc in the ass
You fucked vaal haste in the ass

Like holy fucking shit wtf lol

I'm basically going to be doing the same fucking shit what the fuck uyou know ufck it I'm ma go punch a fucking teddy bear.

ES v/s Life was scheduled to be rebalanced in 3.0, not 2.6. Vaal Discipline change is just a teaser.
I think we should wait for the old unique balancing

Maybe some of these will make things better

But usually many uniques are just traps for new players like me...
"
Mythabril wrote:
Elementalist Wild Strike/Elemental Hit is a thing now as you can level Wild Strike fully with increased Elemental Damage. Mastermind of Discord will trigger for every element with every attack. Bonus points: Near Reflect immunity with the changes to Ash, Frost and Storm next to Elemental Equilibrium. Meta confirmed!

Yeah, no. don't level as Wild Strike. Do totems for a while then 26ish do Frost Blades then lacerate til you get to 68 or so then do Wild Strike. Get a 2.0 aps, with T1 Light, T1 Cold and T1 WED. Use a 90 Doryani's offhand.
pretty happy with the balance changes, good work GiGiGi ! finally some real work in balance direction
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
Good job, team, we managed to get a few more things nerfed.

By the way, my compliments to the chef for the threshold jewel rework.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
ctrl+f for "whirling blades" ... meh.

this league i made the mistake to use wands and flame dash. never again.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
All sources of "Increased Radius of Area Skills" have been replaced with an increase to area. This means that rather than the area of the skill increasing geometrically as the player invests in the modifier to area scale, the radius gained per point of the stat will be lower and lower as heavy investment occurs, similar to diminishing returns. Many old radius increases that have been changed to area increases provide a higher numeric value to compensate for this change. The goal of this change is to make investing in the size of your area skills to be less rewarding the more you invest, so players don't feel like they need to gather every single point of area radius to reach their character's full potential.

Can you explain this to me like im 5?

In essence it is basically a massive global nerf to all Iaoe base skills given the same investment right?

This is one of the most crippling nerfs to iaoe spells and iaoe attacks in a ling time.

Currently, the % increased applied to radius.
After the change, it will apply to the area and have double the % value of increase.

So... do the math:

Inc Radius% Area Scaling
0% 1.00
10% 1.21
20% 1.44
30% 1.69
40% 1.96
50% 2.25
60% 2.56
70% 2.89
80% 3.24
90% 3.61
100% 4.00

As you see, every extra 10% inc radius you get is significant. This makes you feel like you have to get every single one that is possible to get.

Now, after the change, you get double the % but applied to the area, not the radius. So, the 10 new values obtained from the same investment would be:

Inc Area% Area Scaling
0% 1.00
20% 1.20
40% 1.40
60% 1.60
80% 1.80
100% 2.00
120% 2.20
140% 2.40
160% 2.60
180% 2.80
200% 3.00

So, the first 4 increases result in almost the same effect as before. But as you invest more beyond that, you get progressively less of an improvement from the same investment as before.

Before, you had to invest in 40% radius inc to double your area.
After, you will have to invest in 100% area, which based on this manifesto will take the same effort as is required to currently get 50% radius inc, to double your area.

Before, and 100% inc radius investment would quadruple your area.
After, the same effort, giving 200% inc area would triple your area.
Last edited by Qiox on Feb 22, 2017, 7:13:34 PM
"
rinleezwins wrote:
"
WizBlizz1994 wrote:
"
Attlus wrote:
I'd get it, if like, the base AOE was like, current AOE+added AOE. But it's looking more and more like I'll have to have increased AOE on at all times....or not at all if it's diminishing returns?

This is confusing.

Yes, I guess it does mean that if you need AoE in your build you're gonna HAVE to get every AoE node on the tree to be viable. GGG has created what they tried to stop it seems, unless I am as confused as you are.

From my understanding, the values on all existing aoe modifiers are going to be increased, so only builds with heavy aoe stacking will be affected by diminishing returns. (RIP Pillar builds showcasing max aoe abilities?)

If they buffed existing AoE modifiers then there is now no point at all to get those nodes, Either way they screwed AoE because now people either have to get all the nodes or none depending on how bad we'll see it in 2.6

Also with nerfed elemental conversion, people are gonna feel like they need Master of Force to not die to physical reflect. Because y'know it's too easy to get all those "good" armor nodes around Witch and Shadow if you know what I mean, amiright?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info