Power Siphon

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
mysrt wrote:
Are there any plans to make Power Siphon grant a power charge for each enemy it kills with a single cast? For instance if i kill 3 enemies with a single cast of power siphon, I only get 1 power charge.
No, this is intentional behaviour for all charge gaining.

Not sure if you meant 'all charge gaining by this skill', or just 'all charge gaining in general'. If you meant all charge gaining in general then this is the only skill that works this way for charge gaining. If i kill 5 monsters with one spell and have blood rage up, then i get 5 frenzy charges for one cast. If I have 10 monsters cursed with Warlords Mark, and kill them all with one skill then I can get more than one endurance charge from one cast.

None of the other charge gaining skills from kills work this way, so your answer confuses me. I understand this is likely the way the skill is designed to work, however it doesn't seem like allowing more than one power charge per cast would really tip the scale over the top in making this skill OP.
Last edited by mysrt on Aug 3, 2012, 10:37:03 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
WizardLife wrote:
Would it be possible to do something like make the timer length longer if only 1 player is in the instance?

How about Power Siphon + Increased Duration? I don't know if the ID support would interact with Power Siphon's duration (since it isn't a listed attribute). But if Power Siphon's duration is equal to your attack speed, then any % increase to that duration should extend it long enough to follow up with an additional attack.

If this doesn't work, then (just in case the devs are watching) I think this would make an interesting tactic for wand users (since we hardly have anything else to do with wands anyways), especially if it allowed you to stack multiple Power Siphon effects on a single enemy -- if slain while within the duration of two uses of PS, then gain two Power Charges.
It would be an interesting mechanic (kinda doubt it'd be worth it though), but it does not work.

I annoyingly have just the perfect attack speed where it's possible and impossible at the same time impossible to trigger power siphon off another attack that's not power siphon.

I'm not sure WTF is causing it, but for some reason there's a chance the 2nd attack will trigger the power siphon (maybe 37%?), and a chance it won't. I'm thinking it's lag.

For the record my attack speed is 1.77 (for all attacks)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
mysrt wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
mysrt wrote:
Are there any plans to make Power Siphon grant a power charge for each enemy it kills with a single cast? For instance if i kill 3 enemies with a single cast of power siphon, I only get 1 power charge.
No, this is intentional behaviour for all charge gaining.

Not sure if you meant 'all charge gaining by this skill', or just 'all charge gaining in general'. If you meant all charge gaining in general then this is the only skill that works this way for charge gaining. If i kill 5 monsters with one spell and have blood rage up, then i get 5 frenzy charges for one cast. If I have 10 monsters cursed with Warlords Mark, and kill them all with one skill then I can get more than one endurance charge from one cast.

None of the other charge gaining skills from kills work this way, so your answer confuses me. I understand this is likely the way the skill is designed to work, however it doesn't seem like allowing more than one power charge per cast would really tip the scale over the top in making this skill OP.
It's all charge gaining from skills that give charges. Frenzy works exactly the same. Enduring cry is an exception specifically because it's designed to give more for more monsters.

Blood rage and Warlord's Mark set up conditions that other skills fulfill, they don't give you the charges themselves. Because of this, they can't be limited that way since the skill that triggers the charge isn't linked to gaining the charge.
"
Blood rage and Warlord's Mark set up conditions that other skills fulfill, they don't give you the charges themselves. Because of this, they can't be limited that way since the skill that triggers the charge isn't linked to gaining the charge.

If I am not mistaken power siphon and items are the only way to generate power charges. It would be great if there was a caster flavored buff or curse that could generate power charges.
I be that potion mixin', spell castin', dragon ridin' wizard. Got a 3 foot hat with a 6 foot beard, and it's only gettin' bigger. Put a staff up in my hand, and I'll shrink you down to size. All I need is a tail of a newt and some platypus eyes.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It's all charge gaining from skills that give charges. Frenzy works exactly the same. Enduring cry is an exception specifically because it's designed to give more for more monsters.

Frenzy doesn't work the same way because frenzy gives a charge on hit, regardless of when the monster is killed. I suppose you're saying if i hit more than one monster with frenzy then i would still only get 1 charge. Either way this is just my feedback so if the current design is intentional, then its intentional, and i suppose it doesn't matter how the other skills behave relative to this one.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify this for me!
Last edited by mysrt on Aug 6, 2012, 3:00:35 AM
power siphon gives multiple charges sometimes when I only killed a monster; I believe it has to do with different elemental effect getting the kill at the same time.

will try to reproduce this and record it.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
duplicate post... deleted.
Last edited by wxyjac on Aug 9, 2012, 1:48:20 PM
Here's a video:
http://youtu.be/dn4xeGQkKTE

At the end of video, I have only killed 2 snakes and 1 totem (1 snake ran away), but I generated 5 power charges and only 3 frenzy charge. At some point during the process, the game count 1 kill as 2, and gave me 2 charges instead of just one.

My guess at this is that when you crit, the burning damage will kill the monster on the same time as culling strike takes effect.

p.s I tried reproducing this in lower level (where I would 1hko any monster), and have little luck of gaining more charges than I should. This 2 charges per kill only become obvious when farming in higher level areas.

I also posted a bug report hread. link
Last edited by wxyjac on Aug 9, 2012, 5:03:38 PM
If you have very high attack speed it's possible sometimes to get two charges from killing the same monster, this will be fixed in 0.9.12 (or possibly before).
In my opinion, I don't think this skill is any way near viable of using as a spell witch, right you have the passive that when your minion dies you have a chance to get a power charge, but what if we go the non-summoner way? To have some numbers here, my main damage DPS is around 815 right now, and I only get power siphon to around 70 dps, wich is less than 10% of my main damage..
Sure, you can say, use it as a finishing strike, but hey... you got tons of monsters coming right at you, take your time seeing which one has <10% health and hit one by one... IMO totally not viable.
Endurance charges... we can gain it by killing a monster that has warlord mark curse, or just by using a skill and having monster near.
Frenzy charges, hit a monster... there you have it!
Power charge, deal a melee critical strike and not many witches are melee I guess, minion get killed and many witches aren't summoner, use a armor that cut half of your mana pool and also don't give too good energy shield to use with CI, and lastly kill a monster with a culling strike spell.
also... things said by others players, you can't get power charges on bosses, you can, however get as many endurance/frenzy as you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info