Power Siphon

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
zharmad wrote:
Hey Mark, is it possible to get two power-charges from an LMP'ed Power Siphon, if I kill two creatures in that hit. Is this part of the skill design?
No, you can only get one charge from each use of the skill.

Given that chain/form seem to count as somewhat new projectiles, would they create more charges? They get their own crit rolls, after all.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
No
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The timer is very short - it's not there so you can hit them then attack with something else, it's there so that in the case where your power siphon doesn't kill something and your party member finishes it of before you can power siphon it again, you still get the charge.

I can get charge by applying power siphon (0,58 seconds attack time) and finishing mobs with EK, i thought it was working as intended D:
Well, Power Siphon is really a main attack with a lack of practical utility (short of culling against bosses), so if you managed to make it work with spells, why would that be a reason for discontent?
Sounds awesome.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Nov 18, 2012, 3:43:16 PM
How about letting us use this skill with more weapon types?

Templar, Witch and Shadow have easy access on the passive tree to get powercharge passives, but having to use a wand as a templar or shadow is a pain.

How about Enabling Power Siphon with the following Weapons:
Sceptre (Templar/Witch)
Staves (Templar/Witch)
Dagger (Shadow/Witch)
Claw (Shadow Weapon)

A Sceptre is classified as a Mace, but whould it be possible to allow a sceptre to use it and other maces not?

Its just so hard to get hold of Power Charges, the other Charges are easy

Frenzy Charges:
Frenzy (Attack with any weapon or unarmed)
Blood Rage (Buff that gives charges anytime you kill something)

Endurance Charges:
Enduring Cry: Spell that can give more than one charge
Warlords Mark: Curse that can grant a charge when u kill cursed enemy

Power Charges:
Power Siphon: Only works with wands when you kill a target

in boss fights like brutus there is no way to get a power charge, no adds to kill or anything.
some other bosses do have adds but not all of the time, so may still be hard to keep up the charges.

there are some unique items wich can give you charges aswell:
2 handed sword: Frenzy Charge when you Deal critical hit on enemy
Chest Armour: Endurance Charge when enemies deal critical hit on you
Chest Armour: Power Charge when you deal a critical hit on enemy

When open Beta comes im thinking of making my first cahracter shadow or templar and getting some of these unique items may take a long time.

i may get a wand equipped in my second weapon set, but thats really inconvenient.
Seems perfectly fine to me so far.
Yes, there should be more ways to generate charges, especially power, but Power Siphon?
Probably not.

Also, why is it a pain to use a wand on a shadow or templar?
A spell caster shadow can use wands just like a witch can use daggers, and daggers already grant crit chance, so why would you make it even more easy to get yet more crits?
Zaanus:

___
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Seems perfectly fine to me so far.
Yes, there should be more ways to generate charges, especially power, but Power Siphon?
Probably not.

Also, why is it a pain to use a wand on a shadow or templar?
A spell caster shadow can use wands just like a witch can use daggers, and daggers already grant crit chance, so why would you make it even more easy to get yet more crits?

im not talking about casters, power charges grants crit for attacks aswell.

if i wanted to make a shadow or templar that dont use a wand as their main weapon lets say sceptre or staff for templar or dagger or claw for shadow then it whould be a pain to swich weapon to wand for the killing blow and then swich back to whatever weapon i specc into.

staves sceptres and daggers can also be good for caster witches, and having them swich to wand for power siphon whould also be a pain :)

Maybe some unique weapons acting as a hybrid and counting as both Wand/Dagger, Wand/Staff?
BTW Templars dont even seem to get Power Siphon as a quest reward.
please add it :)
I tried using power siphon as a main attack as a dual wielding shadow. I took the two 12% attack speed passives near the shadow start area, and the 3 projecile damage passives. Then I went for some crit chance passives, and started making my way to the witch area. I've played this sort of character up to the end of act2 normal, twice.

I really like the skill, when you start using it, you can see your killspeed improve compared to using the normal wand attack. As a shadow, I get the lesser multiple projectiles gem in act2 normal, at which point the skill even gets some crowd control.

The main problem I see with it is the mana cost. It's stupid. It's a single target attack and it costs 15 mana. A large mana flask restores 100 mana, I believe. You can get 7-8 shots if you account for your natural mana regen, which will kill 3-4 monsters in normal act2. When you start adding things like increased critical damage support, or the lesser multiple projectiles, the mana cost gets even more ridiculous. At level 22 I had 200 mana, and my power siphon cost 29 mana. It could hit 3 monsters at most. I had leveled freezing pulse just in case, and at the same level it cost 10 mana. Both skills did similar damage with the wands I had at the time, but freezing pulse could also hit 10 or more enemies if you kite them around abit.

I don't think I was able to use power siphon more than 20% of the time with 2 support gems linked to it, and 2 large mana flasks. When I had 3 flasks with another similar character, I'd guess I had the mana to use the skill maybe 25% of the time.

Please, just make the mana cost sensible. Maybe start it off at 5 at skill level 1, and increase by 05, or 0,75 per level?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info