Power Siphon

"
Gafgarion wrote:
This skill is not leeching life and mana. Is this intentional? I assumed that this was an attack and not a spell.
Power Siphon is triggering both life and mana leech for me. How much % leech do you have, and how much physical damage are you dealing with power siphon?
I'm loving this skill, it alone makes me want to play my wand witch instead of my necromancer. That's saying a lot considering I pretty much always play necromancer if I can and have clocked far far more hours with my minion horde than any other build.

My one grievance is that it does nothing to barrels. If this isn't patched the hordes of evil plaquing Wraeclast will no doubt learn about it and start crafting impenetrable barrel armour. Don't let this happen or they'll become unstoppable on the battlefield and we'll all be doomed!
"
BlastMonkey wrote:

My one grievance is that it does nothing to barrels. If this isn't patched the hordes of evil plaquing Wraeclast will no doubt learn about it and start crafting impenetrable barrel armour. Don't let this happen or they'll become unstoppable on the battlefield and we'll all be doomed!
you mean like baskets, pots, corpses, and unlabeled barrels?

Because chests, pile of bones, and I think some barrels are intentionally unopenable via attack at the moment. These ones will appear with labels if you have item labels turned on, but the others will not.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Thanks Mark.

I was running with around 40 physical dmg and 2% life and mana leech. When I upgraded my wand and increased to 3% mana leech I was able to see it work. Maybe it's a round issue. If the leech event would be for less than 1, does it round down?
ROFL_Meat | ROFL_Sorc | ROFL_Sausage
"
Gafgarion wrote:
Thanks Mark.

I was running with around 40 physical dmg and 2% life and mana leech. When I upgraded my wand and increased to 3% mana leech I was able to see it work. Maybe it's a round issue. If the leech event would be for less than 1, does it round down?
If you would leach less than 1 life, you leech no life. Otherwise very fast low damage attacks would get significantly increased benefit from low leech amounts.
Wondering why this skill is wands only. I assume you'll be adding other ways to gain power charges, but even still, compare it to Frenzy which you can do with any weapon.
Wanted to report a quick bug: You can't break barrels and the like with this spell. I replaced it with my normal wand attack (left click) and it doesn't work, while if I use something like Ice Spear, it does.

I'm sure some spells aren't meant to break barrels and etc, but since this is pretty much an augmented wand-attack, I believe it should if this was an intended change.
I swear to god if you ask me for a beta key you will get a severe tongue lashing. Cheers!
One bug I found is that if you kill multiple creatures simultaneously in a single attack (with Multiple Projectiles), you will only gain a single Power Charge.
"
WiLDRAGE wrote:
One bug I found is that if you kill multiple creatures simultaneously in a single attack (with Multiple Projectiles), you will only gain a single Power Charge.
That's intended. A single action can only generate 1 charge of each type. Only very specific examples to this are allowed, for balance reasons (Enduring cry being pretty much the only one).
"
Wanted to report a quick bug: You can't break barrels and the like with this spell. I replaced it with my normal wand attack (left click) and it doesn't work, while if I use something like Ice Spear, it does.

I'm sure some spells aren't meant to break barrels and etc, but since this is pretty much an augmented wand-attack, I believe it should if this was an intended change.

It goes even further than that. If there's a barrel (or any other container that normally breaks open with attacks/spells) between me and an enemy, the barrel acts as an obstacle and stops my siphon attack.

Then insult gets added to injury when the enemy in question throws a fireball at me, breaking through the very barrel that stopped my power siphon! :P
Last edited by Syntastic on Apr 23, 2012, 2:35:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info