Power Siphon

Rings with >100 or >200 Accuracy help very well ;)
I was playing around with this skill a while to see if extra power charges are something I'd want to invest into. This skill is not worth while, except as mentioned earlier in the case of enemies with reflect elemental damage.

I was playing with a friend, and the main problem I had with this skill is you CAN'T kill an enemy with it. Simply because my friend would be the one to last hit the enemy and not me.

I think a fair suggestion would be to change it to an on-hit debuff. If you hit an enemy with this spell, they are marked for X seconds. If the enemy dies while marked, you get the power charge.

This would greatly help you keep up with power charges, and allow the player to switch between spells. As it stands now if I had all the passive +1 power charge abilities I probably couldn't get it past 2 before the duration ended if I were partying with others.

Yeah there definitely has to be something to get more time on the Charges (or something like the debuff instead of the on-kill effect). Those 15 seconds max (with all Power Charge passives) aren't enough later on (especially in Chaos, Act 2 merciless is still pretty ok) when you play Hybrid builds. On my build with Power Siphon, Tempest Shield and Molten Shell, I didn't take any wand nodes, but many elemental damage nodes, so much damage comes from the lightning damage I get from the Power Charges. With 0 Power Charges my Power Siphon damage is very poor (and the damage of the other skills is way lower too). And when you want to play hybrid you have to take Nodes for spelldamage getting all the wand passives would cost too much.

I buffed my Molten Shell from the 10 sec base to almost 22 seconds with Increased Duration and the nodes for increased buff duration, but none of that is working for Power Siphon :(.

Another solution could be to give Power Siphon an internal increase for Power Charge duration, if other ways to buff it would be to strong for Power Charge on melee crit e.g.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
What is "Culling Strike"?
"
Chris wrote:
Active Skill Balance:
  • Power Siphon now acts like Infernal Blow in that it counts kills that occur a short time after the skill is used (so that it's useful in party situations). It also now has the Culling Strike effect (outright killing targets that reduced to less than 10% life).
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/22670
[The Prison] Crawl a text-based dungeon - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/26299
ah only remembered the 1st part from reading the chat log :D
This skill seems better after the update. Probably still not as effective as casting one spell repeatedly if you have a fast casting speed, but there is time to throw out a couple other spells between this now.

If the base duration was a bit longer, or the duration passives were a little higher, I think this would be right where it needs to be. As of now it works, but that's only if you're not picking up any loot or opening any chests, which 10 extra seconds (vs. the current 5 extra seconds) would take care of.
This skill is BANANA SANDWICHES (read: very very good) with an AoF wand build hybrid that I am currently playing right now! And it syngergies unbelieveably well when partying with someone else, in my case, an archer.

Culling strike makes it easy to snag the kills when you are partied, and the combo with burning damage from AoF and passives just makes this melt mobs faces off!

I am really enjoying using this skill gem. Top it off with the fact that this gem gains physical damage % increase when it levels up and it is just taylormade for AoF build!

fwiw, I also have the iron grip keystone. my character class is witch.
This skill is not leeching life and mana. Is this intentional? I assumed that this was an attack and not a spell.
ROFL_Meat | ROFL_Sorc | ROFL_Sausage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info