Power Siphon

"
MagpieMcGraw wrote:
Maybe start it off at 5 at skill level 1, and increase by 05, or 0,75 per level?

At that point it might as well be free :/ Would be pretty ridiculous considering it has Culling, a 25% total damage bonus (ie. including everything from gear, auras and the likes), and perhaps most importantly grants Power Charges. The Mana Cost is there for a reason.

Get more Mana and probably Clarity, don't use excessive supports, deal more damage (better weapons, +damage from rings or whatever, Wrath/Anger). Crit Damage is nice and all, but if it means your main skill cost too much Mana, it's worthless (I'd say it's pointless that early in the game regardless). If you increase your damage as opposed to Attack Speed, you need fewer attacks to kill a monster, meaning it takes less Mana.
Regardless though, it's going to be a pricy skill. It should be, considering it's really powerful.
Maybe Power Siphon should have a small chance of a Powercharge on Hit; Otherwise, it's really pointless against bosses despite Culling Strike.
You just run out and can't kill anything.
I suppose Merveil Part 1 is really the only area that is genuinely the case, though.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
also, it only costs a lot at lv 1 (15), higher levels barely increase the manacost last i remember (lv 15 was like 18 or 19 mp).
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
also, it only costs a lot at lv 1 (15), higher levels barely increase the manacost last i remember (lv 15 was like 18 or 19 mp).

According to the wiki (which is usually but not always accurate), the mana cost increases to 16 at lv6, so it'd be 17 mana at lv11, 18@16. :)
well i count myself as a living wiki and i'm only as good as what is shoved in me =p. if "that" wiki is correct, then i was too, which i'm not betting on.

still the mana cost isn't nearly as crazy as some would think.
The advantage of Power-Siphon mana cost is that it's largely flat, so you get to use it easily later on. In the earlier levels, keep your default attack. The charges are meant to be complementing your normal DPS. They last for 10 seconds.

As a shadow, you might as well pair it off with Frenzy, so that the charges feed off each other. 4 power charges and 4 frenzy charges should net you a kill on any boss over the duration of those charges - if you're not, then try to upgrade your wand. The split mod pool on wands is the main thing keeping this out of the mainstream.
@Vipermagi: I've played another shadow through normal with wands, and you are right, it is a powerful skill. If it were to cost 5 mana it would indeed be two powerful. I still think the mana cost is abit too high very early on. Maybe having it cost 10-11 mana and increase to what it costs now(17 mana) as it levels up would be better?

In act2 normal I've managed to get around the mana issue by saving up all my mana and firing a single large volley of LMP power siphons. Then I drink mana and stand around untill my bulb refils, and then shoot another volley for my whole mana pool.

I got this character to cruel yesterday and got Eldrich battery, as well as some increased recovery mana flasks. That helped alot of let me shoot the power siphons pretty much all the time.
"
zharmad wrote:

As a shadow, you might as well pair it off with Frenzy, so that the charges feed off each other. 4 power charges and 4 frenzy charges should net you a kill on any boss over the duration of those charges - if you're not, then try to upgrade your wand. The split mod pool on wands is the main thing keeping this out of the mainstream.

If you're going CI you can just activate Blood Rage - that way every kill will give you +1 Frenzy and Power charges without the need of alternating attacks.
i really have a problem with this skill. i really want to use it in my build but i have 2 problems. #1 with my wand build, its an attack so it doesnt increase in dmg with my spell dmg. #2 even if i dont use it as a damage dealer, i need to kill someone with it to get the power charge, but it says i can kill them right after, which isnt exactly true. maybe its about at the same time, but i cant hit with power siphon, then use another skill and get the charge. i really think it needs a slight fix. i dont expect it to be changed to a spell, but i would like it to have an extra second or 2 to kill the target to gain the power charge
Hello
I hope that the beta release introduces a new way to get power charges. I have favoured a critical spellcaster and there is little to no synergy with power siphon. While I understand it is difficult to compare charge gaining of various charges it seems unreasonable to have power charges fill such a specific niche of critical wand user. Endurance charges and frenzy charges are a lot more accessible for every class.

I think the introduction of a new skill altogether would be the best approac to supplement power siphon. Are any such plans in the making? Simply put, it isnt as easy to get power charges as it is to get the others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info