An Item Filter for the Discerning Exile | Ancestors Release | Spectre Filter Alpha

Damn, been playing for years and I've barely come across this filter? Time to give it a try and see what the hype is about. It sure looks pretty damn good. Tyty for the time put into it!
^^ This version is a step up, even if the earlier one was okay. The more the merrier I say. :)

"
archd wrote:
any reason why i can not use $EV_ES_EVES as defense parameter? i always got 1kb filter file every time i do that.

This limitation was solved in this update, happy to say. You could use every kind of shield but only AREV body armour if you wanted now :P
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jan 15, 2021, 4:47:50 AM
Have a great expansion/league launch erryone!

As usual, if there are any issues report them here and I'll fix em right up. There will probably be an update for tiering soonish and continuing the process towards affix highlighting somewhere will happen after that.

- Some font sizes are smaller than intended. Fixing as they occur.
- Tweaked the transparency of a couple backgrounds.
- Made 3/4 links disappear a little earlier.
- Fixed flasks not showing/showing off-build options.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jan 15, 2021, 7:34:55 PM
*Fixed a few bugs and tightened very early drops

I'm at work on the affix filtering, but this is a lot of manual data entry to get it sorted how I need it.

It's also going to take some testing (I have a Cloak of Tawm'r Isley on a 250% ms character which is where the time has gone since launch) to see how effective it is.

The customization should end up being sensitive to iLvl and DropLevel, as well as by base restriction (some higher tier affixes appear on more restricted bases, so the T1 Life mod for a ring should be treated differently from a T1 Life mod on body armour). I also plan to add disqualifiers, so if an item has too many low tier or terrible (thorns/flat life regen) mods and not enough must-have mods it can rule them out.

I don't know how long this will take, but I'm looking forward to seeing what people think.

Edit: Got through a chunk of it, 30 property types - some mods have the same name across multiple properties, or item bases and iLvl, which lengthens things. Influenced mods are pretty much impossible to sort from one another (they have the same name across conqueror prefix/suffix) which cuts out a lot of the list in PoEDB/official affix page.

No youtube video, the interface in filterblast is hopefully enough (if you scroll down past the preview there are tabs with customization).

Edit 2: Next day - I'm maybe halfway through the raw inputs needed, just for natural drops. Jewels (each type) and flasks will follow. I also have some ideas for evaluating map difficulty by mod combination but that's further down the road.

Identified items will change their text color to a new range based on their affixes and your customizations, pink being the build color throughout the filter, cyan represents swingy value (if it's impossible to tell, like with Unique Leather belts or Influenced mods)
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jan 27, 2021, 10:05:17 PM
Anyone using this over neversinks? Never used anything other than that whats the main pros and cons of this filter compared to neversink? Is there a YouTube guide
Whew, spent the last several days just going through the naturally available affixes and sorting them by property, ilvl, and class restriction. I've noticed some oddities (fishing rods can roll T1 % phys but not flat phys at all) which kept it at least a little engaging.

But yikes, you can get the same affix at different ilvls depending on base, and some bases cap out in tier early (wands get T4 attack speed max iirc), and there's stuff like that all over the place.

Numerous affixes share a name despite having different properties, even aside from influenced items, or the opposite (critical strike chance has the same name/value progression between amulets and weapons except for one random name in the middle tier).

---

Now that sorting is finished, I can start building the actual affix filter content. This may take a while.

I'm more interested in identifying usable items while leveling than perfect mirror gear, so disqualifying affixes seem very useful (if an item has more than your threshold of bad/outdated prefixes or suffixes it'll be ignored). This should extend into item class, ie flat mana/regen on anything but jewellery is bad unless you're set to MoM.

Ideally I'd like to be able to seek items with an open prefix/suffix too and be more lenient with those items.

The filter should also help with arbitrary crafting, ie seeking a gold ring/amulet with t1-2 iir without editing the raw filter.

---

This filter aims to provide something a bit different from Neversink's, namely that it's concerned mostly with a specific build's needs and not the economic value of a drop (though that is factored in). I'm doing this manually, without a programming background to make tools to automate syncing with the market, so the goals/approach are a little different.

Update: IRL has kept me busy so it's been slower than intended, but I've got a working prototype active now. Just need to fill in the leveling information which is... more data entry.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Feb 23, 2021, 11:30:48 PM
Update isn't out quite yet as I'm looking to test it more thoroughly, will be leveling a character over the next little bit to see how it fares.

This update focuses almost entirely on affix filtering, and combines a number of functions to enable build-specific filtering for even identified items. You're able to set modifier types that Disqualify an item for you (physical thorns, elemental damages on an EE build, mana with blood magic, etc), Superqualifiers which are affixes you want to see even if a base is outdated, and there are sliders to set several layers of strictness (the default will show an item with 2 or fewer Disqualifiers and no more than 3 outdated affixes, though this is something I'm still testing to see where the sweet spot is). An identified item that qualifies will have green text, an item that has outdated affixes but would otherwise qualify will have dim yellow text, and an item that is disqualified will have red text. Both outdated and disqualified items are hidden, currently. Magic items, having at most 2 affixes, check for any number of outdated+disqualifying mods.

The tighter you set the filter to your build, the better it will perform, so while it functions fine in a trade environment setting it up for a single SSF character will result in the closest build approximation. For example, if you're running a poison+dagger build you'd do best to disable the elemental damage and ailment modifiers even if those could be usable on another dagger build, as a mix of the two isn't typically viable.

The filter can now be aware not only of the bases you want to use, but which properties they have, if you use both types of build filtering. This means you can seek attack wands or elemental foils fairly easily, even through the leveling process. There's a lot of power available here if you're willing to set it up, even more so if you're customizing affix brackets (the filter checks to see if affixes are still up to date for every 5 iLvls until maps, then every 2ish until 86 - each bracket has an input, so you could technically force specific affixes into a higher "tier").

---

I probably won't be uploading this version for a bit but if anyone would like to test it by leveling a character I can make a preset for you if you leave your build+gear requirements.

---

Edit: After quite a bit of testing, and seeing the Ultimatum announcement, there's a good deal more to be done before this is ready.

Affix filtering paired with Spirit's build settings enables some really, really flexible looting, but the current solution isn't sensitive enough to item class or affix synergies. There are a handful of other systems I'm not happy with, like Chancing and unique filtering as a whole as well as how leagues are handled.

There are a lot of considerations to be made for improving customization as a whole. For example, if you need to switch 40 toggles every time you download the filter that gets tedious very quickly, but due to the sheer amount and variety of content and character builds available it can be hard to avoid (while still providing customization for these things). Adding an on/off toggle for each league approaches that number on its own, and still is simply not high enough "resolution" of an option to be very useful.

Overall though, it's coming along nicely. There's a lot to gain from personalized item highlights, such as cutting way down on what bases show and being able to track items valuable to you by their minimap icon, and across the bases you do use being able to cut outleveled versions helps a lot in knowing when to seek an upgrade.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Apr 10, 2021, 7:10:38 PM
Been testing the next update heavily over the last few days, it should be familiar (a decent chunk is currently unchanged, including: Uniques which I'd like to add customization for; gems, which I'd like to clean up, div cards; etc) but overall there have been many UI additions and much restructuring to clean up the interface and simplify customization - of course with new functionality.

- The background of many equipment highlights has been modified. Outdated bases have a red tint, up to date bases have a green tint, accessories have a yellow tint. Recipe items have a brighter gray background based on the rarity of the drop, except chromatic recipe items which are green because it feels wrong for them not to be.

- Minimap icons and Sounds have been overhauled and font sizes adjusted, though it's not something finished yet. A handful of new drops have sounds, such as rare 3-4 links. Rare items are circles and identified items are hexagons. Cyan is typically an indicator of swingy value.

- The filter by default does not know your Build, so several sections are entirely disabled (Weapons, Armours, Accessories - each with their own tabs). Instead it displays Off-Build Rares and Off Build Rare Accessories, which includes every current rare base in the area you drop the item.

- You can enable many settings depending on your Build:
- By hiding Off-Build items (by whatever combination of Rarity and item class you select) and enabling options in other sections, you can break the equipment that displays down to an onyx amulet, moonstone - diamond - and two stone rings, and a Chain Belt plus EVES gloves and an ES helmet if you want to. Or if you have no equipment needed you can disable Off-Build Rares and just pick up Accessories (or any combination besides).

- The Affix Filtering isn't perfect yet, it isn't Class sensitive so affixes that appear only to limited tiers on certain bases are only partially handled. Each Class probably has a sweet spot within the settings but I've only had so long to test it. However, it contains sliders for various levels of Strictness applying to your Identified items.
- You can set any of the naturally occurring modifiers as Disqualifiers, which are whatever you consider to be dead affixes on your items (Thorns, Flat Mana on a Blood Magic or Eldritch Battery user, poison on a bleed build or vice versa).
- The sliders apply to Qualifiers, Disqualifiers, and to Superqualifiers - each superseding the previous.
- Qualifiers (Green/light blue text) are affixes that are the top tier available in the current Item Level bracket (there are 23 within the filter, enabling affix filtering to apply to leveling.
- Disqualifiers (Redish/Purple text) are affixes that you've set aside as a "no" for your build and trade interests. If you're using AR gear but seeking a Vaal Regalia to craft, don't disable ES modifiers (which don't appear on AR gear anyway). Disqualifiers override top tier mods, which are otherwise considered Superqualifiers.
- Superqualifiers (Pink text) are affixes which are either top tier (sometimes the second tier, depending on iLvl required for each tier), or specified by you to stand out (a few phys affixes are there by default). You can include affixes from Disqualified mods (top tier flat life regen but disabling it otherwise) or use them for racing highlights.

- There are also a handful of racing highlights which are enabled by default (highlighting sapphire rings until after Merveil, Topaz until after Oversoul, Ruby until after Malachai as well as "Running Shoes" to show early movement speed boots). Another option of note in the Racing tab is the Safety Net, which allows you to force Show equipment by rarity and accessories below a certain area level - which greatly affects the strictness of the very early game.
- By default the safety nets are set to level 3 for any item, level 9 for Magic items, level 25 for Rare items, and level 10 for accessories. Racing settings are sometimes based on these values (Running Shoes for example uses your Magic Safety Net).

- Jewels have been adjusted a bit and have their own tab. Planning on doing jewel specific affix filtering (and for flasks, but that's another thing) but haven't gotten that far yet.

- Sockets and Links have their own tab and some associated options.

- The Build Highlights tab contains the options dependent on other tabs being customized. If you set your weapon selection or want all of the top bases to be highlighted you can enabled these.

- Flasks have their own section now, the same options as before.

- The new Recipes tab includes chromatic items and six socket drops, plus quality with some options and hammers for the chisel recipe. These are all enabled by default (except Quality) as you'll want to update your customization anyway as you fill equipment slots and your Stash develops.

- The new Chancing section includes presets for the League Unique bases in the world drop pool (new change as of 3.14). It is disabled by default and controllable by league as well as by base within the league, plus a general input for non-League Unique bases. It of course is sensitive to whether the Unique is a boss drop or not, though a few are unclear (and are disabled by default as a result).

- Race toggles are enabled by default, and give certain items a strong green background.

- Size based size is no more, unfortunately the ModFontSize parameter in Filterblast seems unable to stack with others (I think it chooses the largest one?). Might take another approach in the future for that option.

Last edited by Felix35071 on Apr 15, 2021, 2:50:47 AM
Here is an example image while leveling, regular 'ole Merveil kill. These properties apply to loot at higher levels too.
The update is out, with little time to spare. See the list in my comment above for some of the changes.

This is a significant update to the filter. Procedural affix filtering isn't perfect but makes a big difference to QoL (you can drop an early rare you were using on the ground and tell from its border that it's become outdated, combined with the text color from its mods there are many permutations of items to find).

I'd appreciate any and all feedback or issues to be here in the thread. Or if customization is still too esoteric, let me know. :)

Hope everyone enjoys Ultimatum!

Edit: I'll also update within the next few days to retier uniques/cards/etc and fix other issues if they arise.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Apr 16, 2021, 3:09:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info