Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"
Riborg wrote:
Please, more divination cards, even for "trash uniques". Up droprate on some super rare div cards that yield cheap build enabling uniques, like The Sun. Put some div cards in sideareas like corrupted zones or whatever. Theres a ton of cool build enablers that does not have any card. More cards.

I would like to see a use for useless cards. And a use for incomplete sets.

"
Riborg wrote:
Even divine orbs are too hard to get in SSF.

"
Riborg wrote:
My minions NEVER die except for to the bleed totem thing in the trials.

This does warrant fixing. Bleed sentinel does too much damage to minions. Not directly a SSF thing though.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
I would like to see a use for useless cards. And a use for incomplete sets.

+1. Dunno what to suggest, maybe a Gambler card for every 3 cards vendored... if it's easier, make only Tasuni able to do so.
Something other than wisdom fragments please!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Feb 10, 2017, 5:17:19 AM
So, will there be SSF versions of standard leagues (SC / HC)? I don't have much time to play, and SSF has always been my thing.
Permanent SSF "leagues" would be awesome for players like me, who can't invest a lot of time for temp leagues.
So if one were to choose to merge their stash tabs and master progression into the main league, would we lose the master progression in SSF as well? How would labyrinth progression and trials work when transferring? Would we still have to redo the trials in SSF again if we transfer our stash tabs?
"
Anyone who's played any amount of self found during the challenge leagues (I have for several years) in PoE know that exalted orbs are a useless item and NOT needed for SSF.

Just pointing out, exalts are farm-able now.

And for those who didn't know, so is Shavronne's Wrappings.

So is Taste of Hate.

In fact, the main method to farming exalts requires crafting your atlas for Vaults for both the 1 ex and 3 ex cards, the main method for farming Shav's requires running Scriptoriums for both Shav cards, which just happens to be 1 tier above vaults in the same block of the atlas, *lightbulb*?

This method requires back up as you won't 100% sustain Vaults SSF, back up in the form of running non-Vaults for currency and more Vaults, which you will get. Running maps which can drop Vaults or children of Vaults is best, such as Arsenal which also drops the 3 ex card and the 3 chaos card. Running <73 maps for items to turn regal recipe into chaos recipe to Zana your Vaults, The Harvest in A4 will get these while also dropping the 1 ex card, both Shav cards AND the fucking ToH card.

Been using this method with great success recently.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Feb 24, 2017, 7:52:53 PM
I was talking about SSF in temp leagues.

Suppose that there would be time enough to assemble a character capable of power farming with that method within the 3-4 months of a temp league. But it would be a rare few.
Multiplayer/Party Self-found would be a better solution in my opinion. It does not seem too hard to make it work. Just remove trading option and make a personal loot system. It is almost the same as pre-allocated loot, but other party members cant see your loot. The hardest part would be determinte who gets a certain loot and how would IIR/IIQ work. Bragging rights does not compensate for the loss of party play in my opinion. This game is already pretty solo oriented. If there would be a party self found i would definetly play that. It makes even more sense to play in party as a self-found. Just imagine the possible budget team builds... It would remove all the annoying aspects of the game while keeping the good ones. By annoying i mean botting, trade-manipulating and rmt. SSF halves the fun for me. :(
Last edited by Motopsycho on Feb 12, 2017, 4:37:30 AM
"
So, will there be SSF versions of standard leagues (SC / HC)? I don't have much time to play, and SSF has always been my thing.
Permanent SSF "leagues" would be awesome for players like me, who can't invest a lot of time for temp leagues.

I agree SSF is such a slow play version of the game I for one would love to see a permanent version of it that we can drop to when the temp league ends.

I really big reason to do this is it would keep SSF characters from effecting the economy of temp/standard leagues, so that things like Exalt orbs could MAYBE drop a little more often, and be used for crafting instead of hoarding them to make purchases later when you drop out of SSF.

To me SSF is about enjoying the game with the extra challenge but also the slower more deliberate pace (both because you can't buy a 100 exalt speed clear build and because you really do need to pick things up and ID them). Temp leagues just don't do deliberate pace.

Basically for players who can't no life it the slow play of SSF just fits better in a permanent league than a temp league. Or a temp league to SSF permanent league setup. There's no way I'll even see end game on a SSF character in a temp league.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
And imo the most important change - make all gems available for all classes, i can't imagine doing 3-4 acts with new char just to buy some gem, and repeat that x times
"
viszu wrote:
And imo the most important change - make all gems available for all classes, i can't imagine doing 3-4 acts with new char just to buy some gem, and repeat that x times

+1

You should do that in all of the leagues. There is just no reason to keep this old system in a game that is all about build diversity (or it was, sadly the meta is too strong atm).
Last edited by Motopsycho on Feb 12, 2017, 1:54:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info