Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

I assume in SSF; that a character is permitted to purchase items and equipment from the in-game vendors in each act?
Is that correct?

"
HoustonNative wrote:
I assume in SSF; that a character is permitted to purchase items and equipment from the in-game vendors in each act?
Is that correct?

Correct.
Very excited about this :) Cannot wait to play this in March during 2.6.0 challenge league.
Well done guys!
IGN="Tanky"
SSF leagues = awesome. Thank you. Please ensure there is a Standard SSF league. My time is limited and going forward I expect almost all my time to be in Standard as I can't accomplish much in a 3-month league.

"
It's important to stress that the expectation is that most SSF characters do turn into regular characters eventually.

Why? I just don't get it. I've played since closed beta. I've always played a form of SSF, only trading for gems GGG chooses to block my character from. I have very limited playtime; combined with SSF, it takes me 3 months to level ONE character to level 80. <shock> :gasp: That is what I find fun. I don't pay PoE to play a trading simulator. I don't understand why someone would choose to stop playing SSF, or frankly why anyone would NOT play SSF - there are much better trading simulators out there - but I know I'm in the minority.

Last edited by Augusten on Feb 4, 2017, 7:45:25 AM
"
Arcis wrote:
afaik, the main reason people want a SSF league is so the game doesn't have to be balanced around the fact that trading will always be much more efficient than soloing. if there are no additional benefits to playing SSF, i think this has missed the point.

Disagree. People (including me) play SSF now with the current drop rates. I don't want loot to be easier to get.
"
Augusten wrote:
SSF leagues = awesome. Thank you. Please ensure there is a Standard SSF league. My time is limited and going forward I expect almost all my time to be in Standard as I can't accomplish much in a 3-month league.

"
It's important to stress that the expectation is that most SSF characters do turn into regular characters eventually.

Why? I just don't get it. I've played since closed beta. I've always played a form of SSF, only trading for gems GGG chooses to block my character from. I have very limited playtime; combined with SSF, it takes me 3 months to level ONE character to level 80. <shock> :gasp: That is what I find fun. I don't pay PoE to play a trading simulator. I don't understand why someone would choose to stop playing SSF, or frankly why anyone would NOT play SSF - there are much better trading simulators out there - but I know I'm in the minority.

i believe they were talking about letting your ssf character switch to the associated challenge league at somepoint when you want to stop playing SSF without having to start a new character.
"
Telzen wrote:
So will there be a new SSF standard league? Or is this just for temp leagues?

Has this been answered yet? Very curious about it. Nevertheless, implementing official SSF ladders is friggin AWESOME!! Will bring me back to the game after a loong break :)
@GGG

I've been playing Solo Self Found the past few leagues and from my personal experience the game itself supports this mode just fine at its current state.

However, that you plan to add the support of distinguishing between SSF and other kinds of characters is very nice of you.

There is, however, one feature that I feel should be considered added to characters playing SSF.
- One passive tree respec

The reason I feel this should be available for SSF characters is because that a single drop can greatly impact what type of passive points you would choose.

Say for example that you would opt to go for a quite normal 2H Marauder or Duelist EQ style.
Apart from the standard defensive passive points what type of 2H you are using would greatly impact your choice of passives.
At this point you would either have to plan for a drop (say good 2H axe or Maroihi Erqi), or save up on enough regrets/passive respec points from quests.

It would by no mean be something that has to be added, just a nice feature for those playing SSF.

Just as an example:
My last character was planned to be a CI SRS witch with Zombie's, I played Hybrid untill mid 80's when a Chayula dropped for me, I managed to craft a nice ES chest so I made the transition.
Without the Chayula drop I would have probably newer made the transition.
With a respec feature one could roll say life early on and thus keep the option to transition entirly to CI if drops allow for it.

Ironically I died due to become frozen and my inexperience playing CI led to trying to use Vaal Disc instead of pressing freeze flask (located at the end of my flask bindings as opposed to the first binding when I play life build) :D :D

I am probably bias to playing SSF and I would never mean for this to be an advantage of playing SSF.
Remember that with trading you could exhange your currency for regret orbs.
"
Trofast wrote:
Spoiler
@GGG

I've been playing Solo Self Found the past few leagues and from my personal experience the game itself supports this mode just fine at its current state.

However, that you plan to add the support of distinguishing between SSF and other kinds of characters is very nice of you.

There is, however, one feature that I feel should be considered added to characters playing SSF.
- One passive tree respec

The reason I feel this should be available for SSF characters is because that a single drop can greatly impact what type of passive points you would choose.

Say for example that you would opt to go for a quite normal 2H Marauder or Duelist EQ style.
Apart from the standard defensive passive points what type of 2H you are using would greatly impact your choice of passives.
At this point you would either have to plan for a drop (say good 2H axe or Maroihi Erqi), or save up on enough regrets/passive respec points from quests.

It would by no mean be something that has to be added, just a nice feature for those playing SSF.

Just as an example:
My last character was planned to be a CI SRS witch with Zombie's, I played Hybrid untill mid 80's when a Chayula dropped for me, I managed to craft a nice ES chest so I made the transition.
Without the Chayula drop I would have probably newer made the transition.
With a respec feature one could roll say life early on and thus keep the option to transition entirly to CI if drops allow for it.

Ironically I died due to become frozen and my inexperience playing CI led to trying to use Vaal Disc instead of pressing freeze flask (located at the end of my flask bindings as opposed to the first binding when I play life build) :D :D

I am probably bias to playing SSF and I would never mean for this to be an advantage of playing SSF.
Remember that with trading you could exhange your currency for regret orbs.

You do have a point but I dont like it. Without respec character building is IMO more strategic. I like strategic. And if you play alot you can grind for respec anyway: Most currency items can be vendored into regrets.
A better idea may be "fixing" currency->currency vendor recipes. Right now many are only good for SSF. And only if one is desperate as in your example.

Edit: fix
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on Feb 9, 2017, 4:20:14 PM
Please, more divination cards, even for "trash uniques". Up droprate on some super rare div cards that yield cheap build enabling uniques, like The Sun. Put some div cards in sideareas like corrupted zones or whatever. Theres a ton of cool build enablers that does not have any card. More cards.

A method for obtain exalts a BIT more concistently as long as these are important in various crafting methods. Even divine orbs are too hard to get in SSF.

And pretty please nerf some map lab trials, most of the builds I like to do just cannot do them. My minions NEVER die except for to the bleed totem thing in the trials. If I have to do a separate build just for the lab trials I will be a sad panda.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info