Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

Ooh, so that means I'll get to play the way I've been playing 'til now but without a random person asking me in Act 1 Normal to give them a Fire Trap? <3 Very nice. <3 To me, that's definitely a QoL improvement.

Though I have to say, I haven't really been aware that playing SSF is something special or a big disadvantage or anything (playing Softcore, though), I've just been doing it because it's more fun for me this way. I mean, that rush when RNG decides you've suffered enough and actually drops you that Carcass Jack/Unique you really wanted, or you don't run out of portals on that "Screw you! Regards, Vaal Orb" Tier 15 map (you already did a little dance for when it dropped), or you finally get something to replace that blasted pair of gloves you've been wearing since Cruel or -- okay, I stop.

In short: Yay!
I think chat needs to be shared with the normal leagues.

And all gems have to be available for all classes at some point, pretty please? Maybe make it a reward for killing merc mala?

Excited for that thou.
On the one hand I wouldn't mind some tweaks to the drop system for SSF (like a higher chance of class related drops). Tweaked drop rates would be difficult, because if drop rates for good items are higher in SSF, people would just create a SSF MF character to farm and use/sell found items in normal league.
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!

So solo selffound is bascially a offline singleplayer mode with a online chat function?

Srsly just make the whole thing a offline experience lel, saves a lot of server traffic for these kids.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
I love to hear about new types of leagues. I always disliked the trading part of any hack and slash. SSF is a good start and I hope we will see a party found league in the future, utilizing the same system used to party play in the labyrinth. This could work in two ways:

1. All items that drops in the instance are bound to the players who are tied to the instance. This would allow for trading items between the party members only
2. Second option is to just make it so all the party members can loot any item dropped in the instance but still no trading allowed
And here i was, getting excited for a self found mode with drops tweaked so i can play it on my own, while still having a normal life. Silly me... :)

Srsly, why not make one that's permanent, where you can't get your characters out of it? The current game is basically a gear check that's related to trading and endless grinding for currency. And until trading will be officially and fully supported in-game, without the need of third parties, trading will still suck donkey balls. It's unacceptable that on top of the currency grinding i have to wait for some traders to come online, to stalk them on poe.trade for days, to wait them to respond, if ever, to beg them to switch leagues and so on and so forth. Not to mention stupid traders that don't want to sell at the price they advertised for. It's a chore, it's a time waster that's no fun whatsoever.
Last edited by D3adGh0st on Jan 23, 2017, 6:21:56 AM
We did it Kungen! Let's GO!
If people calling for this option why not. But SSF isn't for me :D making buissnes and pt drops are most funny for me but SSF can be very nice challenge if do you want check your knowledge about PoE, skills and mind. :)

Gratz GGG for hearing people calls! Good job!
"
It's important to stress that the expectation is that most SSF characters do turn into regular characters eventually.
Despite the addition of this mode, Path of Exile is still designed and intended to be multiplayer with partying and trading.

That wasn't my impression when I decided to play this game for the first time. My impression is that it was an online-only ARPG with online ranking and trading. The 2nd quoted sentence still isn't made explicit in the page describing the game (https://www.pathofexile.com/game).

For games new to me, I prefer to go through entire story modes solo so I can explore and level up at my leisure. That way I can enjoy the world and story without being expected to rush through them by more experienced (or less patient) teammates. I am sure there are many players like me, and our aim certainly isn't for "solo self-found" bragging rights. We just like to play solo in a multiplayer world and we save multiplayer as something novel to do so we don't get bored going through the same story again.

That said, I like what I've read below. I doubt future characters (I have only one currently) will be made SSF by me because I don't think it is that big a deal or anything special, to be honest. But the quoted restrictions below make perfect sense for those who feel having SSF characters is important.

"
In these SSF leagues, you can't trade or party with other players. These leagues have their own stashes, master progression, Atlas progress, etc. Multiple characters in the same SSF league on your account can share items via the stash. This is progress that you have earned alone, without help from other players.
For me, SSF will only be a thing when they buff at least a bit droprate, and of course make the characters cannot leave the league.

I have yet to try having a pure selffound, i enjoy the first part of charac who are in the end like this, but as soon as you hit map it sounds really looooong to me to farm all my stuff without currency.

I mean some unique are so rare you might almost never loot them, let alone having hoping for goods rolls (of course it's something you don't target when playing SSF)

Just saying, SSF with better drop rates with no normal return sounds better to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info