Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

I appreciate GGG for giving more options for players that want an alternative way of playing etc.

Remember though, the reason SSF became popular, is because of the current balance of the game where if you are able to trade and do a meta build you can trivialise most of the content. Please don't consider this as a shortcut to balancing the game properly.
Great first step but the SSF league needs to have independent drop rates and (probably) balance. Nobody is going to be able to play a golemancer, CI, low life, RF or any kind of build that requires mandatory items. SSF would be limited to totems otherwise
There is a simple fix for drop rate for ssf.

The "dust system" of Hearthstone. Giving unique items "dismantle" option to give "dust" to create a new wanted unique items.

I also think GGG could sell the dust for console players which could be a good money. HS is a really good super successful business example.
Formalizing (and rewarding?) SSF sounds like a really cool idea.

I think it's a common misconception that people play SSF because they want to. The current trading system is a huge hassle.

I don't have infinite time to play PoE and be online to buy and sell items. I have a huge collection of unique's in my stash I don't even bother selling because I have better things to do than going back to my hideout all the time to manually trade an item.

The same applies to buying, you just have to pray the person is online and not AFK then you just hope the person doesn't up the price when you're about to trade or tries to scam you by trading a similar item with worse stats etc.

When I have time to play PoE I want to actually play the game and don't go telling me that trading is a part of PoE, you can do say that when I'm no longer forced to use 3rd party websites to do so.

This implementation proposal seems promising and the way individual leagues are constructed does not seem to restrict choices.

My only worry is around masters and hideout progression. I'm not sure I understand correctly OP but as long as my master/hideout progress can be migrated to standard challenge league, I have no problem with the proposal. This migration should be one way only--SSF to standard challenge league--but should be available at any time.

In fact, I would suggest to automatically transfer SSF master/hideout progress to standard challenge league once first character is is created/migrated to standard challenge league.

I play self-imposed SSF with some tweaks: I start any challenge league as SSF, I sell items I find for currency, I dont buy gear for my characters. I often start buying build-enabling uniques mid-league when I start working on new characters. I always stay SSF for maps--I never buy, nor sell maps. I never party since I do not find party gameplay appealing.
Last edited by Baron01 on Jan 23, 2017, 3:47:31 AM
perfect, and imo don´t even try to change droprates and whatever other people may want :D at least i play SSF for the extra challenge and the slowed down progression. Do not dare to dumb that down also :D
If different balance and whatever would happen i would still play SSF on "normal" leagues then

But it in all seriousness. It doesnt change much beside the bragging rights that you get out of the prove. But i played it anyway for my own enjoyment this way and never participated in any player made rankings for it.

But its still a very nice addition to the game. I like that
Very nice.
We tested it extensively
please add a party self found game.
for exemple at the start you can create a definitve group and you can play with only those players.
so basically d3? I wonder if this is GGG's way of testing the water to remove trading from pc poe.

LOL all these people excited for the new D3. It's hilarious, the reason people complained about d3 is because of the gearing route which required absolutely zero trading. Now the poe community is embracing this.

You guys make no sense.
Last edited by HammerofNatsu on Jan 23, 2017, 4:03:47 AM
"
Souchirou wrote:
Formalizing (and rewarding?) SSF sounds like a really cool idea.

I think it's a common misconception that people play SSF because they want to. The current trading system is a huge hassle.

I don't have infinite time to play PoE and be online to buy and sell items. I have a huge collection of unique's in my stash I don't even bother selling because I have better things to do than going back to my hideout all the time to manually trade an item.

The same applies to buying, you just have to pray the person is online and not AFK then you just hope the person doesn't up the price when you're about to trade or tries to scam you by trading a similar item with worse stats etc.

When I have time to play PoE I want to actually play the game and don't go telling me that trading is a part of PoE, you can do say that when I'm no longer forced to use 3rd party websites to do so.

Trading is a part of PoE. Just because people use third party sites doesn't take away from that fact. You just sound salty to me.

D2 also used third party sites to push trading but many people, including myself, regard that game as the best aarpg that ever existed.

if you get scammed in PoE you're not very smart. No reason you should ever get the wrong item. All you have to do is over your mouse over the item and inspect the stats.

If you can't bother trading while running maps you must not be selling very good items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info