[2.6] CI Vaal Fireball

He has 4 Rolling flames yet I can not see how you placed them as I only see 3 spots you got the 50 INT for?

What about Blue Dream and changing out the neck?
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
He has 4 Rolling flames yet I can not see how you placed them as I only see 3 spots you got the 50 INT for?

What about Blue Dream and changing out the neck?

The positions are, based on following tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAQKWA5YFQgmqDFINfA5cD6sPxBEPES0RLxFQFdcWvxhdHNwiJiSLKPoqCyo4KwosnCy_MtE0IDW5Ow07KDt8PAU8vTzvPV9BlkVHRX5GcUcGTLNQMFBCUilSU1M1VeBWY1fJWFpd8l9qYENjQ2ZUaPJq-mwIbRltbG49cFJ8g3_GgpuDCYTFhQ6Fe4auidOLjIw2jxqP-pJukyeXlZf0mjubtZx7n9-hL6KjpyuouayYrfGus7QMtUi4k7jKuZO8Vr6AvorAZsCawcXDCcM6ytPQH9DQ0PXSfNn8217b5-q662Pr7uv17BjsOO1h73zv6_BV8YryHfLh-d0=

-> 1. Between Witch & Templar, below Mind over Matter
-> 2. Between Witch & Shadow, below the Melding cluster (Energy from within spot)
-> 3. Above Witch, besides the Alchemist cluster
-> 4. Right side of Shadow, below Ghost Reaver (uses Coldhearted Calculation)

But from 2.6 it'll be different, as you can only use 2 Rolling Flames.
Last edited by reh on Feb 27, 2017, 2:24:17 PM
Thank you, it was the Colhearted Calculation I was missing..
"
Sharve wrote:
When not using chill of corruption anymore, a crit build is no longer required opening other ascendancy options such as elementalist, necromancer, assassin, trickster(?), maybe also buffs to scion ascendancy (?). Not sure about that tho... probably inquisitor, necro or elementalist best.

In theory it sounds difficult (at least to me) to get an amount of unmitigated damage similiar to that which you get from inquisitor (in proportion to build investment) to a point in which choosing a different ascendancy seems justified.

"
Rory wrote:
  • Fireball gains +1 radius every 6 levels

Additionally, the AoE manifesto did not explicitly state whether or not Vaal Fireball radius will be scaling with gem level in the same fashion as regular Fireball.

Of course, this is all just speculation and the patch notes should clear things up soon.

EDIT: Patch notes dropped; I'm seriously considering doing this over Vaal Spark anyways for 2.6, but Herald of Ice might be a necessity to compensate for the AoE nerf.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
  • Call of the Brotherhood: Lightning Damage converted to Cold Damage mod reduced to 40%.
  • Berek's Respite: Lightning Damage up to 25-30%. Added fire damage now (20-25) to (30-50) to attacks and spells. Now shocks all nearby enemies on killing a shocked enemy. Now ignites all nearby enemies on killing an ignited enemy.

Hmm, should have some potential impact for the build(?)
Last edited by cape413 on Feb 28, 2017, 11:56:06 PM
"

In theory it sounds difficult (at least to me) to get an amount of unmitigated damage similiar to that which you get from inquisitor (in proportion to build investment) to a point in which choosing a different ascendancy seems justified.

Mastermind of discord (triggered by orb of storms or light warp) and firepen support would give you 62 (you could get 69 total from passives) considering that monsters and even bosses rarely have more resist than that, it should allow for a higher average damage. Beacon of ruin might be able to compensate for AoE nerfs aswell.

"
Rory wrote:
  • Fireball gains +1 radius every 6 levels

Additionally, the AoE manifesto did not explicitly state whether or not Vaal Fireball radius will be scaling with gem level in the same fashion as regular Fireball.

Ye, i assumed that behaviour from vaal fireball. If it doesn't scale with levels, it's a lot worse

EDIT: Patch notes dropped; I'm seriously considering doing this over Vaal Spark anyways for 2.6, but Herald of Ice might be a necessity to compensate for the AoE nerf.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
  • Call of the Brotherhood: Lightning Damage converted to Cold Damage mod reduced to 40%.
  • Berek's Respite: Lightning Damage up to 25-30%. Added fire damage now (20-25) to (30-50) to attacks and spells. Now shocks all nearby enemies on killing a shocked enemy. Now ignites all nearby enemies on killing an ignited enemy.

Hmm, should have some potential impact for the build(?)[/quote]

After the patchnotes and the miniscule cotb nerf, I'm considering vaal spark over this now xD

Berek's Respite is worded like Bino's which basically has no range
Wondering, is this donezo now?
AOE nerfs, the necessity of running a +1 Karui Charge is already pretty damn scary, CoTB nerf, ..
hi, i noticed you were running anger + disc + herald of ice in your strand vid. i'm guessing you picked up charisma giving up either snowforged or a jewel slot? assuming you have GG 4 prop jewels which would you give up?

i dont have dying sun yet in legacy so im using LMP over added light in my 4 link but the build has felt a lot better to play with hoi. i don't know if that will change when i get DS but watching some streamers play without hoi the build definitely seems a little less smooth to play aoe wise.

elementalist version seems very appealing and i will probably try it after i hit 100.

thanks!
Last edited by matt29234 on Mar 10, 2017, 6:41:36 AM
"
matt29234 wrote:
hi, i noticed you were running anger + disc + herald of ice in your strand vid. i'm guessing you picked up charisma giving up either snowforged or a jewel slot? assuming you have GG 4 prop jewels which would you give up?

i dont have dying sun yet in legacy so im using LMP over added light in my 4 link but the build has felt a lot better to play with hoi. i don't know if that will change when i get DS but watching some streamers play without hoi the build definitely seems a little less smooth to play aoe wise.

elementalist version seems very appealing and i will probably try it after i hit 100.

thanks!

You can drop Snowforged and Arcane Potency (maybe even the jewel) and run a Vaal Sentencing to get the necessary points for Charisma and Influence. Last league the only reason I went HoI was to be able to use Karui Charge and 7League steps to get that last bit of MS (I don't recommend doing this since you lose Stun Immunity). Overall I'm pretty disappointed about the AoE nerf, it feels weird this patch. Either way, try to keep your Crit Multi ~400%+ (Scorn Ring, Throatseeker, Scion Multi, Multi on jewels, you can be flexible). Also, get rid of COTBH if you use HoI (maybe Pariah, Berek's Respite or Sibyl's Lament instead).
"
eXecut1on wrote:
"
matt29234 wrote:

thanks!

You can drop Snowforged and Arcane Potency (maybe even the jewel) and run a Vaal Sentencing to get the necessary points for Charisma and Influence. Last league the only reason I went HoI was to be able to use Karui Charge and 7League steps to get that last bit of MS (I don't recommend doing this since you lose Stun Immunity). Overall I'm pretty disappointed about the AoE nerf, it feels weird this patch. Either way, try to keep your Crit Multi ~400%+ (Scorn Ring, Throatseeker, Scion Multi, Multi on jewels, you can be flexible). Also, get rid of COTBH if you use HoI (maybe Pariah, Berek's Respite or Sibyl's Lament instead).

yeah i've been using respite some it's pretty nice, i'll try swapping out cotb and using a crit dmg gem instead of added lightning as well and see how that goes. thanks man

edit: after getting dying sun i really dont think herald of ice is needed actually, but respite is REALLY nice and tbh makes the build feel a lot better to play. way better than an opal ring IMO. im still gonna test out the +1 curse / herald of ice setup though

double edit: ok I tested the +1 curse setup w/ legacy vinktars, it feels much better. no headhunter yet but bisco's with some quant gear still feels really smooth. respite was nice for prox shield mobs and beyond but the aoe with herald just feels way better. I haven't seen any good crystal belts on LSC yet so I think biscos is a really good and cheap alternative to HH for anyone wondering.

Last edited by matt29234 on Mar 17, 2017, 11:16:23 AM
what are benefits/downsides of the elementalist version vs inquisitor version?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info